TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nigloland! New Coaster for 2014

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that this park has grown so much since I last visited 10 years ago. This coaster looks 100000x better than the Pinfari inverted coaster that used to be there (that was surprisingly smooth, but nothing special).

• 8 months later...

Lools like Nigloland is adding new thrill ride/rides for 2016! The announcement will be made tomorrow if I have understood everything correct, and they have been teasing about it the last few days.

What is know is the location in the park, that it is two rides, they are thrilling and vertigo is involved. The capacity is 24 people (this is guessing) and the speed is 100km/h.

The rumor is that they are adding a pair of S&S towers, but we will see soon!

a.png.e658aecd1c76cdeca081c44facef9cd8.png

ab.jpg.8ed70a92846bb11940631fcfce5662ee.jpg

abc.jpg.8495ac228ae6b7b52aa7deae678dd4f3.jpg

abcd.jpg.8aa1f03d29811a001ed9730eba3afe0d.jpg

abcde.jpg.ff4b228cf5117a24eb9565bed3837d34.jpg

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

What is know is the location in the park, that it is two rides, they are thrilling and vertigo is involved. The capacity is 24 people (this is guessing) and the speed is 100km/h.

The rumor is that they are adding a pair of S&S towers, but we will see soon!

The seating arrangement for most S&S towers is either 4-2-4-2 or 3-3-3-3, so the 24 riders thing makes sense if there are two towers. Probably one Space Shot and one Turbo Drop.

• 6 months later...
This ride is going to be huge. Makes me question the use of the word "petit" in its name lol. I wonder how this will compare to a big Intamin gyrodrop.

If I had to guess I'd guess that it is going to provide a much stronger "freefall" feeling. Similar to the ARM towers.

If I had to guess I'd guess that it is going to provide a much stronger "freefall" feeling. Similar to the ARM towers.

I originally thought the same thing, but apparently the Funtime towers are actually stinky poo-poo, thanks to a hold at the top, brakes that start pretty far up the tower, and the bulky Gerstlauer shoulder harnesses.

EDIT: Here's an example of the one that's at Wien Prater (is it still there, anyone?). There's an earlier example floating around the funfair circuit, it drops and stops the same way but doesn't have the rotating seats.

EDIT AGAIN: Am I crazy, or are there two towers named "Mega King Tower"?

I originally thought the same thing, but apparently the Funtime towers are actually stinky poo-poo, thanks to a hold at the top, brakes that start pretty far up the tower, and the bulky Gerstlauer shoulder harnesses.

EDIT: Here's an example of the one that's at Wien Prater (is it still there, anyone?). There's an earlier example floating around the funfair circuit, it drops and stops the same way but doesn't have the rotating seats.

EDIT AGAIN: Am I crazy, or are there two towers named "Mega King Tower"?

Who said they can't improve their product a bit?

I have been on the one of these at winter wonderland, and they are one of the best drop towers I have been on. The drop is MEGA intense and they now have new harnesses, like the new Intamin ones used on Lex Luther, which give a very exposed feeling. I think this will be a great addition to the park if it is as good as the one at Winter Wonderland.

Seriously, this is better than Intamin drop towers like AtmosFear, which have little force to them. These rides are Heart-attack-inducing!

All right, I (terrifyingly) stand corrected. Good to hear! It must have been the early examples that weren't so good.

I rode the Skyfall, which was the very first Funtime freefall, and that wasn't bad at all, I'd say on par with an Intamin.

• 5 weeks later...