NoLimits 2 (NL2) Discussion Thread

P. 22 - 8/31 - New NL2 Update Incoming! Version 2.2!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: NoLimits 2 (NL2) Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:07 am

Version 2.2 is on its way.

They've added both variations on the Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster trains, support for DirectX 11, keyframed scene objects and more. Also, FYI, they're still working on the Mac version, they haven't forgotten about it.

EDIT: For those of you who are seeing frame rate drops after updating your game, there's an ongoing thread about it over at the NoLimits Exchange. http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=4412&page=1

Thanks ride_op!
Last edited by A.J. on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:14 pm.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:42 am

Yes the update looks great! Is it sad I'm most excited about the new supports featuring "track default" connectors? That is always a pain in the neck

Trains look amazing. Definitely going to be creating some unique coasters from this! Also, does anyone think Gerstlauer pays Nolimits to be sponsored or featured in the game? This will be their 4th train type in the game I believe. If so, I wonder why more manufactures haven't done it too.
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:02 am

Nice! I was hoping that he infinity trains would make an appearance in the game.

We can only hope that RMC will be added at some point. For me it's too tough adding the custom rails, then trying to edit and tweak on top of all that.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Koasterking48 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:54 pm

^ The No Limits team responded to requests about RMC rails and trains saying that they are "on their list."

Personally this has been the best update yet because it dramatically improved the frame rate for me. I also really like the Infinity trains and am playing around with different layouts.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:07 pm

So far for me it seems the update has slowed down my frame rates! Could just be the park but not sure. The detail on the new trains is awesome and also love the cross ties! I really can't wait till I can figure out how to control the ride from an iPhone.
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:43 pm

YAY for a new update!!! Can't wait to play with the new coaster types, and all the other new features!! Looks awesome! The NL team never disappoints!

EDIT: Just updated my game, and went to play it, and OMG... the new update not only makes everything else run really slowly, but my mouse is not actually lining up with what I am trying to select. It is constantly selecting the thing above or below what I am trying to select. Anyone else having this issue??
Bigger is not always better. (And anyone who has ridden Wonder Woman knows this is true!)

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:32 pm

Love the infinity trains! I made a small Euro-fighter with them and it was fun to make! I'll probably post a photo tomorrow.

Also, I ran the Kings Land park (The one included on the game with Intimidator 305 and Anaconda) and I was getting over 60 FPS (Which is about typical for my computer).

I'm very impressed with this update.

EDIT: Took some screenshots.

Overview.jpg

FirstDrop.jpg

Inversion2.jpg

2Train.jpg

HillThing.jpg
Last edited by GCI Wooden on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:17 am.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby Invertalon » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:13 am

My FPS has actually dropped quite a bit with this update... On a few of my tracks, FPS drops down to 30 FPS or so from 60 where it usually sticks at all the time. I rarely ever leave 60 FPS at max settings unless there are 2-3 rides and a lot of 3D trees and such.

Sucks my rig took a hit in performance... And I don't really see any benefit from the update quality/rendering wise.
-Steve

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:51 am

This update did not really impact my performance at all, so I'm happy with that. If anything it maybe gave it a bit of a boost. Looking at Tango, I'm still getting 30+ fps.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby ride_op » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:59 pm

For those reporting frame rate drops after the update, try the instructions listed here to force NL2 back to DX9:

http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=4412&page=1

(apologies if linking to another site is frowned upon, on mobile and that's the easiest way to post the instructions)

-Ride_Op

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness