TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Crossing my fingers that its not a slingshot. Just give us the a Giant Disk/Frisbee what not, and let us anticipate 2017.

*edit. Crosses fingers that it isn't KBF's Screamin' Swing.

I doubt Kings Dominion's announcement is going to be for a second-hand SS.

If knotts is indeed removing there ss, then I could see it landing at KD. They already whine about getting the relocated (but yet amazing) Dominator, so now they could whine about getting a relocated (but yet still very fun) Screaming Swing

Wait a second... Do people at KD really whine about getting Dominator?!?! Because if so, that's crazy! I mean, whining about Thunderhawk at MiA is one thing, because at best, it's an "okay" coaster. But Dominator is an awesome coaster! I'd have a season pass for MiA if they'd have received that instead of Thunderhawk!

If knotts is indeed removing there ss, then I could see it landing at KD. They already whine about getting the relocated (but yet amazing) Dominator, so now they could whine about getting a relocated (but yet still very fun) Screaming Swing

Wait a second... Do people at KD really whine about getting Dominator?!?! Because if so, that's crazy! I mean, whining about Thunderhawk at MiA is one thing, because at best, it's an "okay" coaster. But Dominator is an awesome coaster! I'd have a season pass for MiA if they'd have received that instead of Thunderhawk!

I don't think any KD folks have been complaining about getting Dominator. At least, I never have and welcomed it with open arms.

Edit--Just noticed that we're on page 1305 of this thread and of course that reminded me of a certain sumpthin sumpthin that resides in Doswell.

I don't see why people for cedar point are whining bout a push date. Cedar point gets rollercoaster out the tail. They just got gatekeeper and now they getting a dive coaster. It's been five years since we got anything and the ride we have lines are rarely long. Volcano line still.is long and they even change the line around

I don't see why people for cedar point are whining bout a push date. Cedar point gets rollercoaster out the tail. They just got gatekeeper and now they getting a dive coaster. It's been five years since we got anything and the ride we have lines are rarely long. Volcano line still.is long and they even change the line around

I don't think any KD folks have been complaining about getting Dominator. At least, I never have and welcomed it with open arms.

Edit--Just noticed that we're on page 1305 of this thread and of course that reminded me of a certain sumpthin sumpthin that resides in Doswell.

Oh yeah, I just noticed that! [Page] 1305 for the win

I'm surprised so many people don't want a Screaming Swing. In spite of the usual upcharge, these rides are my favorite flat. I'm lucky that Morey's has one that ISN'T an upcharge, but I wish Great Adv had one...

I'm surprised so many people don't want a Screaming Swing. In spite of the usual upcharge, these rides are my favorite flat. I'm lucky that Morey's has one that ISN'T an upcharge, but I wish Great Adv had one...

I like the Screaming Swing rides, too. Wouldn't mind if KD got one of those.

I've never been on a Screamin Swing, but they look like a lot of fun. I'm just not a fan of up-charge attractions, which I'm hoping this new ride won't be.

If you like airtime they are insanely fun. I don't mind that they are usually upcharge attractions, if they weren't the line would be eight hours long. Dorney only charges $2 for theirs which is not bad at all, considering Morey's used to be an upcharge - I think it was like $5 or $8, now you can use tickets like all the other rides and its now 8 tickets which works out to about $8. I love the ride so much I have no problem paying for it and would willingly pay extra if they ran a longer cycle for me.

I doubt KD would make it an up charge ride since they already have Xtreme Flyer

Don't forget about Thunder Raceway (Go-Karts) and Dinosaurs Alive either.

Anyways, they said...

Something new is on the horizon… Tune in tomorrow morning for an exciting announcement! ‪#‎KD2016‬

So we should be hearing something by noon!

Also, today marks 6 years since Intimidator 305 was announced on August 20th, 2009.

Before this gets lost 2016 discussion, I'm thinking of going for a 2016 platinum pass as they just went on sale. Concerning the free visit in 2015, are any discount friend tickets available for this visit? For example, utilizing a remaining 2015 discounted ticket. I'm not currently a CF passholder.

New at Kings Dominion in 2016!

https://www.kingsdominion.com/what-s-new/delirium-

Get ready to defy gravity on Kings Dominion’s new ride, Delirium. The thrill ride will be located in the Candy Apple Grove section of the park and is set to open in the spring of 2016.

Delirium is a powerful, spinning pendulum on which 40 riders will be strapped into their seats, facing outward on a giant ring. As their feet dangle, they begin slowly swinging back and forth while the ring starts to rotate. The ride quickly gains momentum and before they know it, riders are getting swirling views of the park. On Delirium, guests soar to a height of 115 feet at a maximum arc angle of 120 degrees.

Delirium will delight thrill seekers of all ages as they fly through the air, experiencing gravity defying hang time.

“The addition of Delirium reflects our commitment to providing exciting and thrilling family experiences for our guests,” says Pat Jones, Vice President and General Manager of Kings Dominion. “We pride ourselves on being home to a variety of rides and attractions that offer something for all generations to enjoy. Delirium will make a great addition to our already thrilling collection of rides.”

Park guests who want to be among the first to experience Kings Dominion’s newest addition can purchase a 2016 Kings Dominion Season Pass starting today. Passholders enjoy many benefits, including: Bring-A-Friend discounts, food and merchandise discounts, early access to select rides and Kings Dominion’s all-inclusive water park, Soak City.

“Delirium” will begin delighting and disorienting riders in the spring of 2016

1464776924_DeliriumLogo_4c.thumb.jpg.79821ac3def534bafc672f983f1641dc.jpg

1998040521_DeliriumImage2.thumb.jpg.96bb4cefb8a930e3cdb83d9e3917294f.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Forgive me as I'm not too familiar with these rides, but is this basically a clone of MaXair? If so thats awesome cause that ride was a pleasant surprise and kicked ass.