TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild Adventures Discussion Thread

Photo Trip Report: Wild Adventures Theme Park!

Twisted Typhoon: One of the GREATEST coasters in the world! This was my first SLC and I was prepared for a rough ride, but I was proved wrong! To be honest, this coaster was smooth! I know many people don't show love toward SLCs because of roughness and jerkiness, but I really enjoyed the ride. But I will admit it scared the HECK out of me because I thought my legs were going to hit the supports. TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT! Overall, it was a fantastic ride!

Smooth? Eh....I absolutely hated it when I was finally able to get on it when I went a couple years ago. It had been down all day and when it would open, it would run a few cycles with people then shut down. I witnessed 2 breakdowns where they had to evauate from the break run. I had almost given up and really wanted to ride it since it was to be my first SLC as well. Fortunately it didn't break down while in line the last time I tried (or while on it). After I got off I was completely miserable with a headache from hell. Being somewhat seasoned as a coaster rider, and having heard things about the SLC it still didn't help no matter how well I held my head to avoid headbanging. Swamp thing was a dream compared to it. Mind you I went in March when it's still rather cool/mild out. Maybe it's better after the heat of the summer has beat down on the track....lol

My 2 favorite coasters there are Viking Voyage and Cheetah. I was absolutely surprised with VV. I rode it multiple times in a row and had I had more time would have kept riding. I was also ecstatic at how smooth Cheetah was. At that time it became my favorite woody until White Lightning @ Fun Spot America opened and this year I rode Thunderhead so that took over. So Cheetah is my #3 woody for now. My favorite flat was Rattler. That's crazy since most spinning rides make me nauseous.

It's a nice park to visit ever so often and only 90 minutes from me. I may visit again in the future should they add another coaster...a signature one at that...which would greatly help park attendance. I do like how it's kind of in the middle of nowhere however. I'm sure it has it's busy days, but it was just right when I went.

It sounds like you enjoyed the park, and that it wasn't a waste. It definitely is good for the credits and a great starter park for beginners. I hope to take my nephews and niece there sometime if I can ever get my siblings to bring them down this way.

That moment when you never realized there is a SLC and a Boomerang in Georgia.

Amazing huh? LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wild Adventures Announces New Ride and Two Concerts

News Release: Wild Adventures

November 3, 2014

Valdosta, GA – Wild Adventures has some big things coming in 2015. The theme park announced today details on a new family thrill ride and a new animal exhibit. Also announced, among 2015’s fourteen all-star concerts will be Jennifer Nettles and Foreigner.

Opening March of 2015, Wild Adventures’ new ride, Jungle Rumble, will take guests swinging, swooping, climbing and dropping. Like a monkey swinging through the trees, the ride will have no shortage of screeching and screaming. Riders swing back and forth before reaching four stories high then plunge back down to the ground to do it all over again in reverse. The ride is designed for families to enjoy together with thrills for adults and kids.

The new ride will be located near the Swamp Thing coaster and the entire area will be rejuvenated and highlighted with a new exhibit featuring squirrel monkeys. Squirrel monkeys have been part of Wild Adventures’ animal family and the new exhibit will encourage guests to watch these entertaining little critters climb, swing and jump from branch to branch. Wild Adventures is investing more than $1 million to enhance the guest experience with the new ride and animal encounter area.

Also announced, the first two acts of the 2015 All-Star Concert Series have been revealed including a legendary rock band and a country superstar.

Wild Adventures will welcome Jennifer Nettles and the band Foreigner to the stage in 2015. Nettles, who grew up in Douglas, GA, is best known as the lead vocalist of the award-winning country duo, Sugarland. Nettles has won five American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) awards for songs she has written and in 2008 received a Grammy Award, American County Music (ACM) award and County Music of America (CMA) award for the platinum-selling No. 1 hit “Stay.”

Classic rock band Foreigner first appeared on the music scene more than 30 years ago and is still going strong. The seven-member band is responsible for some of rock and roll’s most enduring anthems including “Juke Box Hero”, “Feels Like The First Time”, “Cold as Ice”, “Hot Blooded”, and the worldwide #1 hit, “I Want To Know What Love Is”.

With all the exciting announcements, Wild Adventures has extended the guaranteed best price for a 2015 Season Pass. Now through November 16, guests can purchase a 2015 season pass at savings up to $35 off. The deal also includes a free upgrade to a gold pass which allows guests free parking all season. 2015 season passes can be used to enjoy the remainder of the 2014 season including the popular Wild Adventures Christmas and all of next season including free general admission to the 2015 All-Star Concert Series.

Season passes can be purchased by calling 229-219-7080, at the park or at WildAdventures.com.

Taken from WCTV news.

1774551676_headerJungleRumble.jpg.d6b6015ffac5f6478edc9d2aeaf707fe.jpg

Interesting, so they're finally moving the old flying carpet from Celebration City. I know at one point there was a stipulation that this ride had to remain on the property stemming from the sale of the Branson USA park. The original owner bought it for his daughter or something like that, there was some sort of sentimental thing behind it.

This was a fun ride. I was hoping it would end up at SDC somehow, but it's a good fit for WA.

You know, I definitely wasn't expecting this type of ride (or should I say any new ride for 2015), but I'm quite pleased. It's a perfect fit for their current line up family/flat rides, and I'm sure it will go over well with the general public.

I'm very satisfied with what Herschend Family Entertainment has done with Wild Adventures. The capital improvements have really changed the look and feel of the entire experience at the park. New paint, restaurants and landscaping have really gone a long way. It's been nice to see a company take their time, and really work to change it from the inside out. That being said, I am hoping the time is coming for serious growth investments. Wild Adventures is nowhere near the caliber of Dollywood or Silver Dollar City, but it has a substantial market it can pull from. Adding a major new (original) attraction could place this park on the map for many people on their way to and from Orlando, or could even set it apart as a destination of its own. Regardless, HFE has been known to put forth a quality product time and time again, so the future is still bright as ever for Wild Adventures!

What type of cycle did this one run at Celebration City? The two versions like this that I've been on have had wildly different cycles. Buzzsaw at SFNE continually rotated over the top while Busch Gardens's DaVinci's Cradle just rocked back and forth. Both rides, despite their size, were quite forceful.

Buzzsaw at SFNE continually rotated over the top while Busch Gardens's DaVinci's Cradle just rocked back and forth. Both rides, despite their size, were quite forceful.

Buzzsaw is a great little ride. If this runs anything like that then Wild Adventures has a winner on their hands.

• 9 months later...
Interesting, so they're finally moving the old flying carpet from Celebration City. I know at one point there was a stipulation that this ride had to remain on the property stemming from the sale of the Branson USA park. The original owner bought it for his daughter or something like that, there was some sort of sentimental thing behind it.

This was a fun ride. I was hoping it would end up at SDC somehow, but it's a good fit for WA.

I was hoping this, Ferris Wheel, Scrambler, Stinger, Jackrabbit and/or Thunderbolt, and Flying Circus would end up at S.D.C. But I guess Wild Adventures and Glenwood and whatever happened to Stinger and the Ferris Wheel, get all the good stuff.

I was hoping this, Ferris Wheel, Scrambler, Stinger, Jackrabbit and/or Thunderbolt, and Flying Circus would end up at S.D.C. But I guess Wild Adventures and Glenwood and whatever happened to Stinger and the Ferris Wheel, get all the good stuff.

And also I've never heard anything about the Branson USA guy and the Orbiter. My mom and dad have a few pictures of me and my brother at the last year of Branson USA (I was a couple month year old infant) and the spot where Orbiter was at the time occupied by a Wisdom Rides Flying Dragon Wagon.

^ No, SDC didn't need any of those rides. Jackrabbit and Thunderbolt were horrid coasters, and the rest of those rides were just average. The only rides that stood out at Celebration City were the go-karts, shot tower, and Ozark Wildcat. All that leftover Branson USA crap was sold off, as it should have been.

^ No, SDC didn't need any of those rides. Jackrabbit and Thunderbolt were horrid coasters, and the rest of those rides were just average. The only rides that stood out at Celebration City were the go-karts, shot tower, and Ozark Wildcat. All that leftover Branson USA crap was sold off, as it should have been.

WHAT! Jackrabbit was AWESOME! Fun airtime and I used to get thrown around at the turns like a wild mouse and it was fun. And Thunderbolt/Firestorm? How could you say it wasn't fun? It was one of my favorite rides at Celebration City, that gut buster turn was SUPER fun. And how could say that about Celebration City? All the rides were all so fun! And no, the Branson USA stuff wasn't crap, and you just said your precious Route 66 Speedway was crap by calling the Branson USA stuff crap. Branson USA was a fun park with many fun flat rides and a good roller coaster, Firestorm, later renamed Thunderbolt. But S.D.C did need at least the Orbiter or one of the other intense rides from Celebration City because the only semi intense flat ride they have is the Barn Swing which is run on a TERRIBLE cycle, it only does it's full swing twice.

^ I stand by all those statements.

THANK YOU! Finally, somebody who agrees with me!

Not even close.

Oh, I thought you stood by my post, you had the little arrows and they were pointing at mine. Oh well, I guess I'll just be the only S.D.C hater, Celebration City lover, out of the thousands on theme park review.