TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

Cannibal is still the greatest name for any coaster ever.
Especially because it lives up to it's name.

So, you're saying it actually eats people. Duly noted. I'll cross that coaster off of my list to ride! [emoji14]

Nope, it just Eats all other Coasters in their Tracks.

I see what you did there...!

So, you're saying it actually eats people. Duly noted. I'll cross that coaster off of my list to ride! [emoji14]

Yup, and all the Credit goes to Lagoon for that one.

Nice!

Someday, when I'm visiting relatives out in Denver, I should just take a couple of days and come out to check out your fine-looking park (and devour Cannibal, of course!) It's not THAT much further away at that point!

Nice!

Someday, when I'm visiting relatives out in Denver, I should just take a couple of days and come out to check out your fine-looking park (and devour Cannibal, of course!) It's not THAT much further away at that point!

You definitely should!

So how is this ride going to be on the fatties out there? Have many people been turned away?

I'd hate to make a 7-hour drive and have to take that walk of shame.

I'm 6'2 and about 280, if that helps. I've made it on Bizarro (SFNE), Wicked Twister, Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Outlaw Run, and Goliath (SFGAm). Not as lucky on El Toro and Superman Ride of Steel (SFA).

Since all body types are different, it's hard to say, however, one person I know that couldn't ride Goliath at Six Flags Great America and Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City had no problem at on Cannibal.

Gotcha. I'll try to shed some lbs in the meantime until my visit, which may not be until the second week in August.

So how is this ride going to be on the fatties out there? Have many people been turned away?

I'm 6'2 and about 280, if that helps. I've made it on Bizarro (SFNE), Wicked Twister, Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Outlaw Run, and Goliath (SFGAm). Not as lucky on El Toro and Superman Ride of Steel (SFA).

Since all body types are different, it's hard to say, however, one person I know that couldn't ride Goliath at Six Flags Great America and Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City had no problem at on Cannibal.

Gotcha. I'll try to shed some lbs in the meantime until my visit, which may not be until the second week in August.

Overall, Lagoon is pretty Fatty Friendly with 2 Click Rules/On Board Monitoring Systems and Big Boy Chairs on Cliffhanger and Samurai. Air Race, Rocket, Cliffhanger, and Samurai can be a problem with the Class 4 and 5 Restraints.

Overall, Lagoon is pretty Fatty Friendly with 2 Click Rules/On Board Monitoring Systems and Big Boy Chairs on Cliffhanger and Samurai. Air Race, Rocket, Cliffhanger, and Samurai can be a problem with the Class 4 and 5 Restraints.

I was really surprised by how many coasters I was able to fit on last year. They weren't always comfortable fits--cough..Lightning Run--but it was good to be able to ride. I'm sure I'll be good Lagoon but it's one of those things that always sticks in the back of my mind.

That is the Lagoon Roll.

Every time I hear that name, I think of sushi. I now want Lagoon to serve the "Lagoon Roll" sushi in one of their restaurants. Ugh, and now I just want sushi in general. "Lagoon Roll" sounds very tasty!

That is the Lagoon Roll.

Every time I hear that name, I think of sushi. I now want Lagoon to serve the "Lagoon Roll" sushi in one of their restaurants. Ugh, and now I just want sushi in general. "Lagoon Roll" sounds very tasty!

Not a Bad Idea for Lagoon to Cross Promote, kind of like the "Cannibal Dots" Dippin' Dots.

It's also a shame you guys didn't get a night ride.

The element is even similar in shape to a sushi roll. A little red sauce carefully placed and the element could be replicated on your plate.

it's not a bad combo.

Having tried it, I can't really agree with your opinion.

That is the Lagoon Roll.

How does the lagoon roll ride? It looks like it has a lot of potential to be awkward. If possible rate using sushi terminology. Great footage, thanks!

Was there a reason for so much side to side wobbling in the POV? I didn't know if the car rocked side to side that much of if that was just how the camera was rigged.

We had to use a chest mount, so it wasn't the smoothest video we were able to shoot, but regardless, I don't think it rocked "so much" either. I think we are just spoiling people with our normally rock-solid mounting to trains!

Awesome video! The view when the door opens at the top of the tower looks quite spectacular, with the track just dissappearing over the edge.

Overall looks like a solid ride that has really put Lagoon on the map for any coaster enthusiast!