TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

It makes me wonder if more changes to Port Discovery are coming. Not only was Storm Rider the weakest ride in the park, it's also in the weakest land. Couple that with the odd Cape Cod area and there's a sizable area to transform in the future.

I agree that it's the weakest land and not just because it's the smallest. The futuristic lands at the Disney parks have always been the weakest in terms of theme and execution. I wouldn't mind a complete overhaul, but it's pretty unlikely given the limited real estate. I guess Aquatopia could go, but Cape Cod is definitely here to stay given the insane popularity of Duffy. In addition, there is no room for a show building there as it backs up right against the electric railway and main walkway from Mediterranean Harbor.

Its a bit of a strange fit putting Nemo in that area. Its kinda futuristic/steam punk port area where as finding nemo is fully ground in the "real world" which is evident when we're in the dentist scenes in the movie.

It won't matter in the grand scheme of things but still...

They found a way to fit Turtle Talk with Crush into the SS Columbia , so I'm not too worried about that.

.....I guess Aquatopia could go....

Nooooooooooo!

It's too fun and silly and pointless and random (sort of) to go.

And it's awesome at night, too!

.....I guess Aquatopia could go....

Nooooooooooo!

It's too fun and silly and pointless and random (sort of) to go.

And it's awesome at night, too!

Agreed, it's the most pointless ride but i've never seen any-one not with a smile on their face after this ride. Even people who hate spinning rides love it.

P1070557.thumb.jpg.a55a969cf082d106240949742941ec4a.jpg

I'd rather they retheme it if it comes to that, than ever remove it. Apart from retheming the cars and station, put a couple of the Finding Nemo seagulls on the rocks yelling "mine" and turn the posts with the lights into lighthouses.

Note: I mean this as a worst case scenario, if they wanted to refresh the whole area, I do like aquatopia just the way it is now.

I do love Aquatopia. We just couldn't stop laughing the whole way round. It just seemed so silly and pointless but yet hilarious!

Maybe they could make it fit. Getting in a submarine to visit the world under the sea, but fair point about turtle talk with crush... they managed to fit that into a turn of the century american port town.

aaa.jpg.726a38e02d5adc680db3a3fba4592d5e.jpg

Great view however

Something I thought was really interesting is this picture:

Journey.thumb.jpg.1ca05d43734b129203183b746a8cf594.jpg

Because it seems the whole "launch" tunnel is themed with rockwork! It would be a cool place for them to add some sort of projections of the lava monster chasing you, or lava surging up around you or what ever. But its themed, I wonder why they never lit the tunnel!

^ They ran out of money?

(then)

I always remembered that the dash to the top of the hill, was thrilling in itself,

in darkness, without having any projections being used. That said, a final

visual surprise, maybe to the left or right (or above?) of the tunnel opening

would be a great finish - and then the air time!

Of course the vehicle roof itself may be the cause of not doing anything extra

with the hill and tunnel.

Just came across this photo at the Tokyo Disney website. It's in Fantasyland, looking towards Its a Small World.

For me, the interesting thing is, the view won`t be like this for very long. IAsW will be totally relocated, and an

expanding of the Alice In Wonderland theme (incl. the Queen of Hearts Restaurant, behind the carousel, in this photo) will happen.

AliceAttraction.jpg.282a5d1bb05ee08d3d9ddcfa12b2f173.jpg

Concept art of The Future. Queen of Hearts Restaurant will be beside an entirely new mini-land in TDL!

Alice_IAsW_TDL.jpg.jpg.7d9bdc3151e094608a38957ff3221c70.jpg

How it all looks, now.

Firstly that's a cool photo, I love that effect when everything looks like a model (obs referring to the top photo not the bottom)

Secondly I don't mind what you see out the back of the castle as long as its fantasy based. Don't want to break the magic.

^ Totally agree.

And here's two new artists' concepts of two parts of the Fantasyland expansion.

Posted at Screamscape.com - Alice In Wonderland and Beauty & The Beast.

AliceEntryway.jpg.2dd6ed66113cc71e78bcd41a5a57573c.jpg

The distance between the POV and that back heart hedge entry way, sure looks like the old IAsW building

would/could be used....for something Wonderland-ish, I hope. Maybe, a totally new Alice dark ride,

second only to the original in DL. But of course, totally awesome in the Tokyo Disney way. (o:

BeOurGuest01.jpg.6f097923bc1519843d2cfe236357818b.jpg

The gated entrance and bridge, to ... a restaurant? Perhaps. And the artwork shows the guests heading

into a castle at floor level, as opposed to under the castle on the hill at MK. But again, it's all concept,

subject to ch-ch-change. (o;

Such an amazing resort! I'm so excited to see all the additions and changes in the future. As everyone else mentioned, if there's one resort that will do it right, it's Tokyo Disney Resort!

Something I thought was really interesting is this picture:

[attachment=0]Journey.jpg[/attachment]

Because it seems the whole "launch" tunnel is themed with rockwork! It would be a cool place for them to add some sort of projections of the lava monster chasing you, or lava surging up around you or what ever. But its themed, I wonder why they never lit the tunnel!

What's interesting is that they bothered to theme it at all because that section is completely dark and you can't see a thing.

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/olcgroup/20150611_01e.pdf

Tokyo Disney Resort® announced that to mark the 15th anniversary of the grand opening of Tokyo DisneySea® Park, a major celebration will be held at the Park from April 15, 2016, through March 17, 2017, entitled “Tokyo DisneySea 15th Anniversary: The Year of Wishes.”

Since Tokyo DisneySea opened on September 4, 2001, as the only Disney Park themed to the sea, millions of Guests have enjoyed the unique atmosphere and adventures offered at the Park. And for this anniversary year, Guests will be able to share a wide variety of new experiences. “Wishes” are people’s dreams for the future and give a feeling of hope and excitement. During the anniversary, Guests will find that their wishes will shine even brighter with the help of their navigators – Mickey Mouse and the Disney friends – as well as all the Tokyo DisneySea Cast Members.

During the event, crystals of various colors symbolizing individual wishes will decorate the Park. The crystals will even sparkle on the Disney characters’ costumes and merchandise, creating an atmosphere of hope and dreams throughout the Park. Kicking off the anniversary event will be “Crystal Wishes Journey,” a brand new show to be presented at Mediterranean Harbor only during the special event period. The Disney characters, each with their own wish, will appear in this show that celebrates the start of the Guests’ journeys of adventure, sparkling with hope.

Also on the first day of the event, a new version of “Big Band Beat,” the popular show presented at the Broadway Music Theatre, will debut with new music, costumes and scenes. This will be the first time that the show has been changed since it opened in July 2006.

In addition, a brand new musical show incorporating projection mapping will premiere at the Hangar Stage in Lost River Delta in mid-2016.

The Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta®, where Guests can continue the feeling of adventure, will also be celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2016. Besides the festive decorations around the hotel interior, the hotel will offer special menus at the restaurants and the lounge starting from April 15, 2016.

TDS15years2016-17.jpg.6eeee295e2fb7eeacc21da9a6439743e.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

• 2 weeks later...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/06/tokyo-disneyland-unveils-plans-for-disneys-halloween-celebration/

Earlier this month, plans were unveiled for “Disney’s Halloween,” a seasonal celebration that will take place at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea from September 8 – November 1.

huyhuy757551.jpg.cf761ffe0c405fb12c78b6b6ff1a494c.jpg

During this time, families will be able to enjoy halloween fun at the theme parks and resort hotels. At Tokyo Disneyland, the theme of the event will be “Halloween Fair,” and will feature Disney characters in Halloween costumes, a “Happy Halloween Harvest” parade that features floats decorated with seasonal treats, and more.

huyhuy578662.jpg.34bbc36e4f14fadcde886be01857cc53.jpg

The celebration will continue over at Tokyo DisneySea, where the focus will be on the Disney villains. The park will be transformed with an eerie atmosphere and a new villains show on Mediterranean Harbor. Other offerings will include “Villains Halloween Party” on the American Waterfront and “Casbah Magical Treat” at the Arabian Coast section of the park.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today Milial Resort Hotels Co., Ltd. announced the development of a new resort hotel for Tokyo Disneyland, redeveloping the nearby Palm & Fountain Terrace Hotel to be a uniquely themed Disney property!

image.thumb.jpg.03805118f2f695b2435f7bbdb9f5166d.jpg

Milial Resort Hotels Co., Ltd. announced today that a new hotel, the Tokyo Disney Celebration Hotel, will open*1 in June 2016 (tentative) in the Shin-Urayasu area close to Tokyo Disney Resort®. It will be the fourth Disney hotel to operate in Japan. Brighton Corporation Co., Ltd., a 100% subsidiary of Milial Resort Hotels, will redevelop the existing Palm & Fountain Terrace Hotel® for this new hotel that will specialize in accommodations.

Currently the three existing Disney hotels*2 have an annual occupancy rate of over 90%, which indicates the extremely high demand for Tokyo Disney Resort accommodations. Accordingly, the decision was made to develop a new hotel that will allow more Guests to enjoy a stay at a Disney hotel.

The development of the hotel will be based on a new concept that is different from the existing hotels. The designs will celebrate the magic and imagination of Tokyo Disneyland® Park and Tokyo DisneySea® Park in the guest rooms, the lobby and the courtyards. Guests staying in the Tokyo Disney Celebration Hotel will be surrounded by the ambiance of their favorite Disney Park memories, inspiring them to relive moments from their time spent in the Parks, as well as anticipating the experiences awaiting them the next day.

Tokyo Disney Celebration Hotel will offer attractive accommodations while making a casual resort stay possible by simplifying its facilities and services. With the opening of this new hotel, even more Guests will be able to enjoy a wonderful, unforgettable time at Tokyo Disney Resort.

The Disney hotels will continue to evolve as the hotels of choice that are favored by many Guests.

*1 Start date of occupancy, room rate and start date of booking will be announced as soon as determined.

*2 The existing hotels are Disney Ambassador® Hotel, Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta® and Tokyo Disneyland® Hotel.

Note: In preparation for the opening of the new hotel, the two buildings of the Palm & Fountain Terrace Hotel will close separately. The Fountain Terrace Hotel will close on February 27, 2016 and the Palm Terrace Hotel will close on June 1, 2016. After the new hotel opens, the management and operations will continue to be handled by Brighton Corporation Co., Ltd.

The Oriental Land Company has also announced a new dinner show coming to the Polynesian Terrace Restaurant in Tokyo Disneyland!

Oriental Land Co., Ltd. announced that a new dinner show, “Mickey’s Rainbow Luau,” will premiere at the Polynesian Terrace Restaurant in Tokyo Disneyland® Park on March 21, 2016. In the new show, Mickey Mouse and his Disney friends honor the heritage of milestone celebrations through the cultural lens of Polynesia, creating a joyful and inspiring setting reminiscent of a tropical island rainbow. Music and dance styles from Hawaii, Tahiti, New Zealand and Samoa take Guests on a cultural expedition, recreating the memories from Mickeys’ many voyages that he has come to cherish and wants to share with everyone in this exciting, new production. Presented in an exotic restaurant with décor that transports Guests to some of their favorite Polynesian vacation destinations, “Mickey’s Rainbow Luau” is sure to create an unforgettable evening for families and friends as they dine on Polynesian-style dishes.

Advance reservations are required for the Polynesian Terrace, a table-service restaurant located in Adventureland.

Polynesian Terrace Restaurant is hosted by Kikkoman Corporation.

Notes:

• The current dinner show “Mickey & Minnie's Polynesian Paradise” will close permanently on January 4, 2016.
  • Polynesian Terrace Restaurant will be temporarily closed for renovations from January 6 to March 20, 2016.
    For details, please see attachment.

Overview of “Mickey’s Rainbow Luau”

Performances: 4 daily

image.thumb.jpg.03805118f2f695b2435f7bbdb9f5166d.jpg

Note: Number of performances subject to change. For information regarding the number of performances on the day of visit, please check the Tokyo Disney Resort Official Website

Dinner Duration: About 65 minutes.

Performance length: about 50 minutes. (tentative)

image.thumb.jpg.d01f2476a344d1dcfa68f2c3dfce469b.jpg

image.jpg.c897c72a1545e439a29b21ae90eb293d.jpg

image.jpg.65a474855564ba3e35a9ce101907df00.jpg