TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I want to point out to people who think Cedar Fair won't build two coasters in one year at two different parks.. Cedar Fair spent 172 million dollars on investments in 2015 and have spent similar numbers in the past.

1725390637_update8.jpg.6ea52b5fec334a1e1d016db420da0dd8.jpg

BUT WHAT COULD IT MEAN?

1518460307_update9.jpg.641bdf3d4d6eab06fe83dea796ccc29c.jpg

i have no idea what this means... the only thing i found on it was market-to-customer. and a landscaping company from the pacific northwest (USA)

It is similar to markings found out int he parking lot during Leviathan construction

My guess could be Main Column 2

i have no idea what this means... the only thing i found on it was market-to-customer. and a landscaping company from the pacific northwest (USA)

It is similar to markings found out int he parking lot during Leviathan construction

That's great news! I'm almost sold on a rollercoaster now

You know, this could all just be jibberish, like how CP likes to tease enthusiasts. LOL

Are there any others yet? I'd assume we would see a "secondary" if ^ is correct. Isn't each marker color suppose to mean something? For example: water, electrical, gas, survey, etc?

This sounds cool

In the future, we’re going to see more hybrid-type rides such as “watercoasters,” a mix of waterslide and roller coaster. We’ll also see roller coasters using magnets instead of chains, so you won’t hear that creaking sound as you go up.

Leviathan's markings were like "C8" (Column 8). These were the stakes were found near the end of last season but have since been removed.

Leviathan construction (last two pictures): http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1070172#p1070172

I got a reply on the facebook page from Norm the Vice President of operations at Canada's Wonderland he said they are elevation markings or bench marks.

Do you actually think he would tell you what they are for (if they were for a coaster or some other attraction)?

I got a reply on the facebook page from Norm the Vice President of operations at Canada's Wonderland he said they are elevation markings or bench marks.

Do you actually think he would tell you what they are for (if they were for a coaster or some other attraction)?

No I don't thus why if you saw how I asked him it was in sarcastic humor... However I do believe these markings not to be for a coaster as they are in green. Green is for landscaping thus like his response.

look they updated the reason to why Skyrider was removed on their actual website.. hmmmm

267378577_Screenshot(28).thumb.png.0bc7a5d0628badaf511767ca8a6a87c3.png

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/08/07/after_29_years_skyriders_ride_comes_to_an_end.html

The difficult decision to close SkyRider was due in part to the aging coaster’s location. The ride sits on 5,100 square metres of prime land between the water park and Wonder Mountain, and the park’s executives decided the spot would be a perfect place for their next big attraction.

Phillips was tight-lipped about what that attraction might be or how long it will take to complete.

“All I can tell you is it’s a very large construction project,” he said. “If you look at our history, over the last five to seven years, I think guests know it will be something exciting.”

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cedar-Fair-Coaster-Watch/1476339882657621?ref=hl

**This is not from the park or anyone official to Cedar Fair**

You may want to get some final rides in on Minebuster as very shortly we should hear about it's future. Rumor has it it will be removed at the end of this season to make way for Ziz in 2017. Unfortunately part of this rumor also suggested a BBQ & Brew to replace Skyriders location to provide some more leisure activites at the park.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.a938b369bc95773e0c9bdc5eb074c4a5.jpg

Ziz, is that you?

^Not sure where you heard this rumour. Personally don't think we'll see Ziz in 2016, most likely with a station or element in skyrider's spot. If the rumours about Minebuster are true, I'd actually think we'd see either major retracking or an RMC remake.

Construction is simply starting too soon (and skyrider was removed too soon) for this land clearing to be for a 2017 addition. We're defiantly getting something in 2016.

^Not sure where you heard this rumour. Personally don't think we'll see Ziz in 2016, most likely with a station or element in skyrider's spot. If the rumours about Minebuster are true, I'd actually think we'd see either major retracking or an RMC remake.

The rumor is Ziz is a 2017 addition, Minebuster is being removed at the end of this season similar to Skyrider to make room for either Iron Horse or 2017 Ziz. The person did not know or could not disclose yet why Minebuster is being removed/ closed. I'm guessing that part so I could very well be wrong but with all the activity around Minebuster right now I'd say it's a very good bet.

The whole point is getting Wonderlands mediocre coaster selection up to par with American Theme Parks. Cedar Fair is doing this across the chain.