TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 45: New Zootopia details!

Well dang. If Shanghai is successful in it's own way, along side the ever improving HKDL,

and already awesome TDLR....what an Asia Disney Resorts Tour that would be, hmmm?

Or turn the words around, and call it The D.A.R.T.

I am hoping that with TDLR's incredible evolution, Shanghai will have a few years under it's belt,

and HKDL just gets better and better...for myself, it looks like 2023 is The Year to do that tour.

23172317_ResizeofIMG_2690.JPG.92e88b138c777b4dec8481b26a2a83ea.JPG

David and me in TDL June 2013. Hoping to repeat in a few years, and add Shanghai as well. (o:

760910013_Resizeof0001_24a.jpg.2ed65616a28d9cc9c05110d26100ecaf.jpg

Jon and me in front of the HKLD castle on the 2012 China Tour.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Disney has sent us a press release with some incredible photos of the latest progress at the Shanghai Disney Resort including an inside look at the newly-titled Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure.

Shanghai Disney Resort today unveiled new creative images of a reimagined attraction based on the world of Pirates and new aerial images of the Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel. Shanghai Disneyland will be home to the first-ever Pirates-themed land—Treasure Cove—and an E-ticket attraction called Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure. The topping out of Shanghai Disneyland Hotel took place just 12 months after its vertical construction started. With 420-rooms, it will be the signature hotel of Shanghai Disney Resort, featuring an elegant Art Nouveau style with a touch of Disney magic and imagination, and stunning views of Shanghai Disneyland, Disneytown and the resort’s central lake. The Toy Story Hotel will have 800 rooms and was topped out in January 2014.

image.thumb.jpg.91742f6e8e7b3189a9ba42ca433cc985.jpg

An international team of Disney Imagineers and local contractors in China are working collaboratively to build the resort. They are using advanced technologies and construction techniques to complete Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure, an all-new high-technology boat ride attraction. (Photo illustration ©Disney)

image.thumb.jpg.91742f6e8e7b3189a9ba42ca433cc985.jpg

An international team of Disney Imagineers and local contractors in China are working collaboratively to build the resort. They are using advanced technologies and construction techniques to complete Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure, an all-new high-technology boat ride attraction. (Photo illustration ©Disney)

Image_SHDR_Shanghai_Disneyland_Hotel_Rendering.thumb.jpg.9d1447b5e01ab5d886b12dc723629210.jpg

The Shanghai Disneyland Hotel will be the signature hotel of the Shanghai Disney Resort. The 420-room hotel will have an elegant Art Nouveau style with a touch of Disney magic and imagination. The hotel will offer stunning views of Shanghai Disneyland, Disneytown and the resort’s central lake.

Image_SHDR_Shanghai_Disneyland_Hotel_Construction.thumb.jpg.d34000e637a0ea87d965818694797d96.jpg

The Shanghai Disneyland Hotel was recently successfully topped out. This marks another successful key construction milestone in the resort’s development. (Photo illustration ©Disney)

Image_SHDR_Toy_Story_Hotel_Rendering.thumb.jpg.205f347d79bfa1eddf029794955e3822.jpg

The Toy Story Hotel will feature 800 rooms and immerse guests in a world inspired by the toys from the Disney•Pixar series of Toy Story animated films.

Image_SHDR_Toy_Story_Hotel_Construction.thumb.jpg.1183d4c2c8bfac8327aa508c2e9655e9.jpg

The Toy Story Hotel was topped out in January 2014, an important construction milestone in the resort’s development. (Photo illustration ©Disney)

The Disney Parks Blog has posted some more information about the resort as a part of their coverage of today's update!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/02/first-look-shanghai-disney-resort-images-revealed/

As you know, Shanghai Disney Resort is one of the most ambitious projects we’ve ever undertaken at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, and I know that all of you are as excited as I am to see what’s planned for our first-ever theme park resort in mainland China. Just this week, we unveiled a first look at new creative images of both the reimagined attraction based on the world of Pirates and the new hotels under development.

As we shared on the blog previously, Shanghai Disneyland will be home to the first-ever Pirates-themed land-Treasure Cove-and an E-ticket attraction called Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure. The attraction will feature a combination of new technology and innovation and will take guests on a pirate adventure with Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Davy Jones, providing an experience unlike anything else in the world.

The resort also released new aerial images of the Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel. The topping out of Shanghai Disneyland Hotel took place just 12 months after its vertical construction started. With 420-rooms, it will be the signature hotel of Shanghai Disney Resort, featuring an elegant Art Nouveau style with a touch of Disney magic and imagination, and stunning views of Shanghai Disneyland, Disneytown and the resort’s central lake.

The topping out of Shanghai Disneyland Hotel adds to the list of milestones since vertical construction of the resort started 15 months ago, including: the topping out of the resort’s first building in Disneytown in December 2013, the 800-room Toy Story Hotel in January 2014 and most recently Disneyland’s “mountain” feature in December 2014. All of these milestones showcase the progress we are making to share wonderful Disney stories with the people of mainland China.

Stay tuned for more updates on Shanghai Disney Resort!

image.jpg.837014d05acd34f903854fcddbf90fe6.jpg

For the first time ever, a Disney Park will be home to a Pirates-themed land—Treasure Cove— and an attraction called Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure.

Edited by jedimaster1227

Holy crap!! Those hulls are huge! It's like a super-sized PoTC!

Whatever is going on at Shanghai, it looks like it's gonna be epic. This is definitely going on my bucket list now.

Disney had once considered a similar "pirates land" for the Hong Kong park, which included a flume-ride version of POTC (complete with an outdoor drop into a giant skull). I guess this is what Shanghai is getting.

Disney had once considered a similar "pirates land" for the Hong Kong park, which included a flume-ride version of POTC (complete with an outdoor drop into a giant skull). I guess this is what Shanghai is getting.

I remember seeing that pop up somewhere before, and was/is to be themed more to the movies (personally, I think that would be pretty neat to see). Rumor has it that it might have some shoot-the-chute elements in it as well. Of course, that's just a rumor, but wouldn't that be an interesting element...

^It'd be a big drop, like a cross between Splash Mountain and Jurassic Park's drop. Also, the drops on the current Pirates rides are indoors and rather small, while a true shoot-the-chute element is outdoors (like Splash Mountain). This picture should help explain what I mean:

Well, here's a reminder of the artist's concept of what the attraction will possibly look like.

And as it is such a huge building, anything could be possible inside, or outside of there.

Treasure-Cove2alt.jpg.e9cadd000e7911f83584b991f026f1d4.jpg

Such a lovely big building to play pirates in.

This is concept art for the proposed land in Hing Kong and is in no way related to the Shanghai project. Just wanted to make this clear.

Well, here's a reminder of the artist's concept of what the attraction will possibly look like.

And as it is such a huge building, anything could be possible inside, or outside of there.

This is the correct concept for Shanghai, there is no outdoor section of this ride.

Also, this image surfaced today:

@parcorama

This bird eye view of Shanghai Disneyland construction looks insanely exciting.

SHDL.jpg.67656cc0dff7b4c879db6fc2eb1ebdd3.jpg

This is a view of their rapids ride. And some eagle-eyed people will notice some other attractions in this image as well.

Here is a larger image

Looking at the rapids ride, to me it looks like there is a heck of a lift hill there.

(the gray sort of straight line there on the right?)

OverviewJan2015alt.jpg.2d54529dcaa89b87ac05cc1876ddb2e4.jpg

Looks like a lift hill to me, which leads to the start of the flume.

This is the correct concept for Shanghai, there is no outdoor section of this ride.

Also, this image surfaced today:

@parcorama

This bird eye view of Shanghai Disneyland construction looks insanely exciting.

[attachment=0]SHDL.jpg[/attachment]

This is a view of their rapids ride. And some eagle-eyed people will notice some other attractions in this image as well.

Here is a larger image

So what all is in this shot? This park is going be massive from the photos surfacing, but I can't place what's what!