TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

From the information it does not seem like this will contain any coaster elements like Wonder Mountain's Guardian did due it's 600ft track length. In addition to that the building may not be setup for anything like the finale on WMG.

Really excited for this though as Guardian was a great ride and the story for this does seem quite interesting.

Am I the only one that freaking loves the logo?

I'm happy the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs building is being used again for what looks like it will be a fantastic new ride. After going for so long with that building being complete closed off, no doubt there will be fond memories of what used to be as we discover all that is new once the ride is ready and open.

KOD will not return, neither will Bear-y Tales, and that's fine. We will always have our memories. What's most important is that Knott's will have a killer state-of-the-art immersive experience. One that is sure to draw crowds and give a new generation a chance to make the same kinds of memories that we did with Iron Reef's predecessors all those years ago.

I knew something like this was coming, but it looks great based on the pictures and description, and it will be a great addition for Knott's. I think it's interesting that we're starting to see more themed attractions at Cedar Fair parks. I'm usually not the biggest fan of theming, but these dark rides seem to really please the GP, so I think they're good investments and will be successful in the long run.

I'm happy the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs building is being used again for what looks like it will be a fantastic new ride. After going for so long with that building being complete closed off, no doubt there will be fond memories of what used to be as we discover all that is new once the ride is ready and open.

KOD will not return, neither will Bear-y Tales, and that's fine. We will always have our memories. What's most important is that Knott's will have a killer state-of-the-art immersive experience.

Wow. I really wish more theme park fans thought this way!

I'm pretty excited too, to see something new going in that space.

Love the concept and the fact that Cedar Fair is branching out trying new things. But that name really doesn't roll off the tongue at all, does it? This should be a great addition to one of Cedar Fair's more well-rounded parks, hopefully being next door to Disneyland will motivate them to really up the ante on this one and make it a much-improved version of Guardian.

Love that Knott's is getting a dark ride back! I think the theme sounds kind of cool! I get that some people may think it's cheesy but the more I think about it the more I like it. I'm sure KT is holding out hope for an Ocean Sunfish somewhere in the ride!

But that name really doesn't roll off the tongue at all, does it?

I kind of felt that "Voyage to the Iron Reef" was sort of a spiritual homage to the "Kingdom of the Dinosaurs" name in a way. I'm probably just reading too much into it.

^^ Wow. KoD has been closed forever and they're whining. At least the Maelstrom idiots were losing a ride that was still operational.

I can't wait to ride this! Not a whole lot of details about the ride system yet but it seems like this is different from Wonder Mountain's Guardian in that it's a more traditional dark ride style (a la the Sally Corp dark rides) with everyone facing the same direction rather than back to back. I'm sure the vehicles will be on a swivel, though!

Very excited for the new dark ride, I think the concept art looks amazing. Knott's did a first class job with the TMLR and CMR renovations and it sounds like Voyage will be on the cutting edge of dark ride technology. I also like that the ride will incorporate the existing Knott's rides into the story and not just be some random underwater excursion. I was really encouraged when I read about Ouimet's 5 year plan for the Knott's and I think this ride will be a great addition to the park. Hopefully a killer new coaster and another slide complex for Soak City are next parts of the plan, but I trust that Ouimet and Raffi will continue to make the right decisions for the park.

This looks wonderful. Kingdom of the Dinosaurs was my favorite ride at Knott's growing up. I'm so happy to see what looks like a worthy successor take it's place after all these years. Did people honestly expect them to bring back Beary-Tales or KOD?

Also, the octopus art makes me nostalgic for Hammerhead. Am I the only one?

This looks like a fantastic addition to the park. In particular, I just love the design and art direction.

I'll be the first in line to buy a full-size poster of those tentacles wrapped around Supreme Scream and Sky Cabin.

Same here! It has a very "Sharknado" vibe to it! I would love it if they sold this art as a wall poster or print! I'd also like to see them do pins inspired by the art, like maybe Supreme Scream with a tentacle around it and the Iron Reef logo at the bottom of the pin (yes, I collect the Knott's pins!).

Also- does this art remind anyone of Seaside Heights in New Jersey (still too soon)?

Also, the octopus art makes me nostalgic for Hammerhead. Am I the only one?

Nope, you're not the only one! I loved Hammerhead, and I wish it was still there! It may not have been necessarily popular, but in my opinion it was one of the best themed flat rides!

I remember that there was a fountain at the base of Hammerhead, and after it closed a couple of the mermaids were moved to Perilous Plunge (and were then removed when that area was redone). If Knott's still has them, it would be cool if they found a new home inside of Iron Reef!

100_1299.thumb.JPG.72c12ab24db2bdac69b726a4fe00e39d.JPG

These are the mermaids I'm talking about- they were part of a larger fountain when Hammerhead was around.

100_1300.thumb.JPG.65744e688541eb64356278d9b09b5456.JPG

Another mermaid (and a fish).

But that name really doesn't roll off the tongue at all, does it?

I kind of felt that "Voyage to the Iron Reef" was sort of a spiritual homage to the "Kingdom of the Dinosaurs" name in a way. I'm probably just reading too much into it.

The important thing to note is the word "wind" is nowhere in the title.

The usual GP stupidity is taking place on KBF's IG.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415897886.855949.jpg[/attachment]

When does the construction for the underground show building start?

I'm really excited for this ride & I have to love that picture of Kraken attacking the Boardwalk. Saving Knotts from monsters sounds like a blast, especially it being four minutes. I'm sure this is a ride I'll want to ride over & over again.