TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that no one has said this yet... But it's going to be amazing Dark Ride WITH BOOBIES! We all know Robb loves boobs on dark rides. Boobs and fire in a deep dark tunnel... sounds like an amazing ride!

Jimmy 'family boobies ride for the win' Bo

It's posted on RCDB that it's a wooden sit down (So no dark ride with boobies. Sorry Rob.) I would imagine it's something like a launched woodie with an indoor launched section at the beginning that includes a mini-show with fire and maybe 2-4 inversions. Then again, this is a family park. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up that it's a extended kiddie coaster through a part of the forest. But that's just me...

It's posted on RCDB that it's a wooden sit down (So no dark ride with boobies. Sorry Rob.) I would imagine it's something like a launched woodie with an indoor launched section at the beginning that includes a mini-show with fire and maybe 2-4 inversions. Then again, this is a family park. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up that it's a extended kiddie coaster through a part of the forest. But that's just me...

I don't understand why people keep thinking this ride is going to need lots and lots of "gimmicks" - I personally cannot stand rides that are "gimmicky" and more often than not, rides with gimmicks do not turn out to be top five rides.

I don't understand why people keep thinking this ride is going to need lots and lots of "gimmicks" - I personally cannot stand rides that are "gimmicky" and more often than not, rides with gimmicks do not turn out to be top five rides.

I was thinking more along the lines of Furious Baco, but maybe a little longer. Or is that a gimmic?

I was thinking more along the lines of Furious Baco, but maybe a little longer. Or is that a gimmic?

Furius Baco looks like it'd be that much better if it were like 1500 ft or so longer

^The terms aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. Take Outlaw Run for example: First wooden coaster that was properly engineered for inversions, steepest drop on a wooden coaster, and it ends up in 3rd place on the Mitch Hawker Wood Coaster Poll and won Best New Amusement Park Ride for the 2013 Golden Ticket Awards.

^The terms aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. Take Outlaw Run for example: First wooden coaster that was properly engineered for inversions, steepest drop on a wooden coaster, and it ends up in 3rd place on the Mitch Hawker Wood Coaster Poll and won Best New Amusement Park Ride for the 2013 Golden Ticket Awards.

Yup. I would consider Outlaw Run a "game changer" - same thing with Balder, El Toro, Expedition GeForce, Spider-Man, etc, and none of those really did anything "new" or "gimmicky", they just did what they do the BEST.

I never said there wouldn't be any gimmicks (maybe there are, maybe there aren't...) but I can tell you I'm more excited about this ride than when, let's say Top Thrill Dragster was announced, but this also could be that I look at this ride and think "This has potential to be a 'BEST IN THE WORLD', which IMO is a game changer."

Any ride that makes you re-think your top five anything, is something VERY notable. And I think this ride will absolutely make people re-arrage their top five, probably top two, and maybe knock out their #1. But what? Roller Coaster? Dark Ride? Log Flume? Bench?

I guess we'll find out soon!

Outlaw Run is my number one, a longer version of Outlaw Run would rock my world. Not much longer to go until the Laser Snake Horse Fire Coaster from Hades announcement.

I wonder if this will be Ikea's first attempt at a coaster?

Edited by downunder