TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Twist Coaster Robin Roller Coaster for Yomiuriland

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There appears to be a really abrupt jerk going into the outward-banked turn. Check out the girl in the second shot of the turn (1:31), her body just gets yanked in one direction.

^ Ooooo goody, there's already a problem with it!

By the time TPR gets there, it'll be in semi-fine shape.

Perfect for a Japanese coaster.

(I'm kidding and hoping it's nothing serious, the 'jerk' I mean.)

Even in purchasing a state-of-the-art coaster from a top of the line American company, the designers have still manged to make this look like the most stereotypically Japanese ride ever. I love it.

There appears to be a really abrupt jerk going into the outward-banked turn. Check out the girl in the second shot of the turn (1:31), her body just gets yanked in one direction.

Same thing with the drop at 1:51. Her body gets yanked forward. Reminds me of the popular youtube video of the crappy carnival ride from RCT3.

Please... Any translation of that video? I only know a couple of their characters as they looks similar to Chinese. Hope S&S made that jerk on purpose, it looks really painful but maybe it's a huge ejector air? Wasn't expecting it gets trimmed that much on the dive loop but the first half looks really fun.

^Yeah when I saw there were those trims on the dive loop I though that would be the end of the ride but then it sort of goes on slowly.

And I did also notice the nasty jerk on the outside banked turn. These el locos already look so funky and this one is even weirder!

Hope S&S made that jerk on purpose, it looks really painful but maybe it's a huge ejector air? Wasn't expecting it gets trimmed that much on the dive loop but the first half looks really fun.

FYI - S&S had nothing to do with the design of this coaster at all. Not sure who actually did the layout - maybe someone from Sansei?

Edited by robbalvey

In 2012, Sansei Yusoki acquired a majority stake in United States-based amusement ride manufacturing firm, S&S Worldwide

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sansei_Technologies

^So we could be talking about a Sansei ride with S&S trains then or...?? It would definately explain the difference in track design, track shaping and support design from the other El Loco rides.

^ S&S told us when we visited them in January that they didn't make the trains either. They are most likely based on their designs, but they were not manufactured by S&S.

Edited by robbalvey

I just got this email from the park:

We are deeply sorry that our new roller coaster, Robin, is now suspended due to machine trouble.

The matter is under investigation and it will take some time to be solved and settled.

I wonder what could have happened?

Edited by robbalvey

Just found this.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20140319/k10013107941000.html

Afternoon on the 19th , in the amusement park of Tama -ku, Kawasaki , roller coaster of just the finished reverse-way traveling to the slope , I was in contact with the vehicle behind . Did no one was injured .

0:30 too afternoon the 19th , Amusement Kawasaki Tama -ku, in the " Yomiuri Land " , the roller coaster of the four-seater " twist coaster Robin " is the wrong direction in an ascending slope of starting immediately after , and unmanned it had stopped behind I was in contact with the vehicle .

When depends on the " Yomiuri Land " , three men in their 30s from the teens were riding in the vehicle that was reverse-way traveling , but there were no injuries both .

Just started commercial operation from the 19th , a device for preventing the wrong direction has been attached to the vehicle , but this roller coaster is that it did not work . In the " Yomiuri Land " , canceled by the operation of this roller coaster , we look for the cause that was reverse-way traveling .

In the " Yomiuri Land " , now talking " and would cause the trouble that should not be happening , it is not very sorry . Then determine the cause as soon as possible , you want to prevent the recurrence "

40 minutes past 0:00 pm on the 19th, attraction amusement park across the Tama-ku, Kawasaki City and Tokyo Inagi of "Yomiuri Land" was reverse-way traveling. 3 people, including one child was riding, but had not injured.

According to the Kanagawa prefectural police Tama station announcements and the company, the wrong direction at the point where the four-seater "twist coaster Robin" has advanced five meters from starting. That has collided with the unmanned vehicle subsequent was waiting.

313 m in total length, maximum speed is 62 kilometers per hour, this coaster had just started operations in the 19th. And that they canceled the service.

No injuries to reverse-way traveling coaster Customer: Yomiuri Land

( 22:02 March 19th last update ) 21:59 Mar 19, 2014 Mainichi Shimbun

40 minutes past 0:00 pm on the 19th , Amusement Kawasaki Tama -ku, in the " Yomiuri Land ", the collision to another vehicle unattended roller coaster " twist coaster robin" is about 5 m reverse-way traveling , had to stop at stop accident was to be . Three customers was riding in the vehicle that was reverse-way traveling , but did not hurt any .

According to the Yomiuri Land , vehicle of Robin four-seater about 2.5 m length , with about 1.6 m width . Where by the chain of vehicle hoist , had ascended upward on rails , the connecting portion of the vehicle and the chain is out . In addition , equipment for prevention of reverse run even that did not work .

Robin has just started operations this day . The company is due to take measures turned out to , to stop the operation of the Robin . [ Nobuhiro Kimura ]

Looks like it had some sort of accident where the train came backwards down the lift and collided with the car in the station. It was minor, but you know Japan, this could be shut down for quite some time.

EDIT: The video on this page sort of explains what happened: http://www.fnn-news.com/news/headlines/articles/CONN00265031.html

1.jpg.5c292e329ea2f30ccfa37d56ff16a293.jpg

The car went up the lift hill 5 meters (16 feet) and then slid back down.

2.jpg.f4bcb9e242a8ba782d267fc16e5ddd7a.jpg

This image shows some of the damage done to the lift by the vehicle.

3.jpg.9c30901d0785aebc4482e79864024bb5.jpg

Here is the damaged vehicle under a tarp.

Edited by robbalvey