TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 45: New Zootopia details!

Hey Joey, I have an unopened 2 Liter of Crystal Pepsi and some 7up Gold you could buy off me! lol

I prefer the more citrus taste of Pepsi, but don't have a problem drinking coke, and prefer Cheery Coke to Wild Cherry Pepsi. Speaking of the Dr. Pepper 7Up Distribution, it's really wierd here in Utah because Pepsi (Admiral Beverage) has those Distribution Rights North of Salt Lake City (Including Lagoon....you have to settle for Mr. Pibb) and Coke (Swire) Salt Lake City and South.

Wow! It's amazing that something in China is going up this fast!

Hang on, doesn't China build a new forty or so building at least once a week? So guessing with most of this, it should be finished quicker than other places. It will be the theming that will take time.

Wow! It's amazing that something in China is going up this fast!

Hang on, doesn't China build a new forty or so building at least once a week? So guessing with most of this, it should be finished quicker than other places. It will be the theming that will take time.

Skyscrapers and theme parks are very different. In China, you have to sign all kinda of contracts and sometime steps need "special relationship" or certain government department will never let you pass them. Such thing can really take up to 3 years.

^

From the concept art I have seen...

Concept art of the TRON Coaster? All I have 'seen' is the

proposed layout of the circuit that the coaster takes.

(It's posted back around the middle of this thread.)

So - you have seen concept art of the coaster train, itself?

Awesome if you have - and can you share, here?

^
From the concept art I have seen...

Concept art of the TRON Coaster? All I have 'seen' is the

proposed layout of the circuit that the coaster takes.

(It's posted back around the middle of this thread.)

So - you have seen concept art of the coaster train, itself?

Awesome if you have - and can you share, here?

I have no idea if it's legit, but this is it:

Source

However the final design of the ride train, it's going to be awesome.

And I'm sure the Imagineers' Black Light creations have come waaay

beyond what's remembered from the original 2D at DL in Fantasy Land.

Can't wait!

Edited by Nrthwnd

That's a bad news! I hate all Pepsi products except for Mtn. Dew and Dr. Pepper.

Dr. Pepper actually distributes about 40% of their product themselves, with 30% more coming from Coke and the last 30% from Pepsi in a distribution deal. That's why you'll see it at Coke and Pepsi places with soda machines (though sometimes they'll replace it with Mr. Pibb and whatnot).

In conclusion: We could've had Coke and Dr. Pepper.

• 2 weeks later...

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/blog/shanghai-disneylands-treasure-cove-unveiled

On this day in 1967, Pirates of the Caribbean debuted at Disneyland in Anaheim. Nearly 50 years later, as part of The Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting of Shareholders, Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger unveiled creative details including the first-ever Pirates-themed land and a new Pirates of the Caribbean attraction designed for the Shanghai Disney Resort.

“Pirates of the Caribbean is one of the most iconic attractions in our parks, and we really couldn’t imagine Shanghai Disneyland without Pirates,” Bob said. “We wanted to create a one-of-a-kind experience that would appeal to our Chinese guests while remaining true to its Disney heritage.”

For the first time ever, a Disney Park will be home to a Pirates-themed land—Treasure Cove—and an e-ticket attraction called Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle of the Sunken Treasure. The attraction will feature a combination of new technology and innovation to bring guests along a pirate adventure with Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Davy Jones, providing our guests who visit the Shanghai Disneyland Park an experience unlike anything else in the world.

“We are extremely proud of all the work underway to bring the Shanghai Disney Resort to life,” Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Tom Staggs said. "And we’re excited to re-imagine the iconic world and characters of Pirates for the first time as an entire land that celebrates the creativity, imagination and adventure of both the fan favorite attraction and the popular film franchise.”

The announcement coincides with the completion of key structural work on the Pirates attraction, and marks another exciting milestone in the resort development. Progress continues with construction and Shanghai Disney Resort remains on target to open by the end of 2015.

image.thumb.jpg.18a69d6c23063c41f7821fce976a30cc.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/03/shanghai-disneylands-treasure-cove-unveiled/

On this day in 1967, Pirates of the Caribbean debuted at Disneyland in Anaheim. Nearly 50 years later, as part of The Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting of Shareholders, Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger unveiled creative details including the first-ever Pirates-themed land and a new Pirates of the Caribbean attraction designed for the Shanghai Disney Resort. We wanted you to be among the first to have all the details.

“Pirates of the Caribbean is one of the most iconic attractions in our parks, and we really couldn’t imagine Shanghai Disneyland without Pirates,” said Bob Iger, Disney chairman and CEO. “We wanted to create a one-of-a-kind experience that would appeal to our Chinese guests while remaining true to its Disney heritage.”

For the first time ever, a Disney Park will be home to a Pirates-themed land—Treasure Cove—and an e-ticket attraction called Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle of the Sunken Treasure. The attraction will feature a combination of new technology and innovation to bring guests along a pirate adventure with Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Davy Jones, providing our guests who visit the Shanghai Disneyland Park an experience unlike anything else in the world.

“We are extremely proud of all the work underway to bring the Shanghai Disney Resort to life,” said Tom Staggs, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “And we’re excited to re-imagine the iconic world and characters of Pirates for the first time as an entire land that celebrates the creativity, imagination and adventure of both the fan favorite attraction and the popular film franchise.”

The announcement coincides with the completion of key structural work on the Pirates attraction, and marks another exciting milestone in the resort development. Progress continues with construction and Shanghai Disney Resort remains on target to open by the end of 2015.

image.jpg.b6bd9baf93b819bda6b1b2325b60ea20.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

There was a patent Disney applied for, and got (I assume?), and it looks

vaguely what a "new version" of POTC could run like.

1698245574_ResizeofPoTC-maybe.jpg.bb4401b554dbc556afe79ad40c29a93a.jpg

A patent for a "possible" POTC continuous (OMNImover) ride system....maybe? We'll find out, late next year.

There was a patent Disney applied for, and got (I assume?), and it looks

vaguely what a "new version" of POTC could run like.

I think what is going to be built will actually use this patent:

Google Patents

US08091483-20120110-D00003.thumb.png.de9b422410fea53982cbbbbb51540af1.png

You would need to look at all the images associated with this patent to really understand it, but with this system, that boat is going to do some really cool things.

What happened to the first version of the land?

There was a stunt show!

Well, that still looks cool, but it's closer to what we have at Disneyland Paris. Hope the boat ride will be superior, though! And please Disney, give us AA's. A lot of them. If you want to do a tribute to POTC and not include a ton of AA, you're doing it wrong.

Things change with concept art all the time. The stunt show probably still has a place in the land. I've heard of some pretty cool stuff they cooked up for it, so I don't think they'd toss it out. It will probably be built later on after the park opens. Also, with the art they released today, remember its a drawing. They could be covering up stuff that wasn't announced, or spots for future expansion. By stretching the show buildings and manipulating the drawing they can hide what ever they want.

^^Very interesting. Being able to direct the guests to what you want them to look at is great.

Like a Water OMNImover. Only more like the patent you showed here Chris,

with the boats being farther spaced apart.