TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Thanks for the photos Joey! I do want to try Batman backwards, I bet it will be totally intense as I already find the Batman clones to be intense.

Rode it in the last car. Better view and it was real smooth and not intense. It's a lot of fun (thank you six flags for season pass sneak peek!!!

^ So this is really interesting, that's two people now who have said Backwards Batman isn't that intense at SFMM, yet at SFGam people were saying it was almost TOO intense! What gives? Are people from Chicago just wusses or did they make some sort of change where this version is smoother and less intense than it was in Chicago.

^ Personally, I find Batman at the Mountain intense. I rode the backwards Batman the past 2 days and found it more enjoyable. Neal Thurman was on the platform this afternoon when we rode it, and thanked us for riding it.

^ So this is really interesting, that's two people now who have said Backwards Batman isn't that intense at SFMM, yet at SFGam people were saying it was almost TOO intense! What gives? Are people from Chicago just wusses or did they make some sort of change where this version is smoother and less intense than it was in Chicago.

I felt that the one at SFGAm less intense backwards than forwards. The helix after the second loop which I always thought to be really forceful forwards was not intense at all when it was backwards.

Have no idea. But I've always found the rear of inverts to be less intense, since it slows durning the inversions rather than hitting them at full speed like in the front. (But my favorite place to ride these are in the front). Now that it's backwards. The best view is in the rear of the train. So. That where I ride it.

I went on it today in both the first and last rows. I found that the last row (as in the current row 7- last row in the station) was not that intense, but the first row actually did feel intense, at least in the inversions that weren't loops (though not any moreso than the regular forward-facing Batman). I haven't been to SFGam, so I can't compare it to their run of namtaB.

Edit: Accidentally said SFOG instead of SFGam

Glad to hear that Namtab is going over well so far. I really hope this is around for a bit as I may not get a chance to visit until May. Although I'm not a huge fan of backward coasters, it will at least be an interesting experience.

I took this picture at the park on Saturday, and there is this path at around halfway between viper and Tatsu... Anyone know what this is?

I believe there is a stair case at the top of the lift hill and also at a block brake on that hill back up from the first drop and this path must lead to those.

Anyone know why namtaB has seven cars per train instead of eight?

I think it has to do with the position of the train in the station as well as the queues that lead to each row, at least that's what I heard someone saying about the one at SFGAm so I'm not sure.

Based on this picture, I also think there's no 8th row because of train positioning.

There's a locked gate at the bottom of Rev's drop.

I mean, I don't get why they they wouldn't put a gate in front of the path, keeping guests from just walking over there when there's nothing there.

I understand what you're saying but to be honest, I'm sure most guests don't pay much attention to it.

Going off topic here, i always invisioned iron collossus extending over the walkway to the theater. The only thing that gives me doughts about iron colossus is that its a dueling woodie and i dought they will build a dueling RMC. (Feel free to dream Six Flags engineers ) Since SFMM has only one good flat, that being LL:DOD, but I've always envisioned a giant frisbee going in colossus fair or near apocalypse.(That area feels really dead lately, even though it should "dead" since its called apocalypse, pun intended and described.) Any thoughts?

Going off topic here, i always invisioned iron collossus extending over the walkway to the theater. The only thing that gives me doughts about iron colossus is that its a dueling woodie and i dought they will build a dueling RMC. (Feel free to dream Six Flags engineers ) Since SFMM has only one good flat, that being LL:DOD, but I've always envisioned a giant frisbee going in colossus fair or near apocalypse.(That area feels really dead lately, even though it should "dead" since its called apocalypse, pun intended and described.) Any thoughts?

I have heard rumors that if Colossus were to get RMC'd, the whole Colossus County Fair area would get revamped to give it a nostalgic, Carnival feel with the addition of 1 maybe 2 flats. Just a rumor though, so take it with a pinch of salt. Hopefully it becomes a reality.

I have heard rumors that if Colossus were to get RMC'd, the whole Colossus County Fair area would get revamped to give it a nostalgic, Carnival feel with the addition of 1 maybe 2 flats. Just a rumor though, so take it with a pinch of salt. Hopefully it becomes a reality.

PLEASE let this be true. Give CCF Iron Colossus, a Sky Flyer, and a Frisbee ride, plus some scenic touch ups, and you have a solid area.

^I'm the opposite; I hope SFMM gets a Sky Screamer. They could ALWAYS use another flat and it would be in a beautiful setting. Plus, Windseeker got removed so it'll be a new experience in the area. Although it may be a while until we see it because next year may be the "big 20th" coaster.

Speaking of 20th coaster, if you take colossus away, you have 18 coasters. Put in iron colossus, back to 20. I imagine Iron colossus will be the grand #20. Either they will build another kiddie coaster to open right before it, or it will be dueling. If so, will it count as two credits? I bet if it dueled it would vary at some point in the ride such as a high five element.