TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

What is the maximum weight for Goliath? It looks scary with only those small clamshell restrains holding you in. Is their going to be any seatbelts? I hope so Could anyone post a photo or two of Goliath from the interstate right when you see the rides sticking out of the trees? If not, that's okay.

There are no seatbelts, though B&M experimented with rudimentary seatbelts on Nitro several years ago. Their use was discontinued as no one even bothered to hook them to the restraint and also they lowered capacity quite a bit. The good thing about no seatbelts is it provides maximum freedom (what an awesome feeling) and speeds capacity, which is just what this ride needs with only 2 trains.

Your friend may be able to fit, it just depends on how his weight is distributed. If he has maasive thighs, the answer is probably no. Most clamshells (at least on the two B&M Mega coasters I've ridden) have a bit of red tape around the shaft of the restraint that indicates to ride ops whether the restraint is far enough down or not. Usually it is around 3 clicks, but it may be different on Goliath.

Is their a maximum weight for Superman? It loks like the restraints weren't meant to hold big people.Any way, WHy is their a trim on Goliath? It dosen't need it!! All B&M hypers have trims. At least is dosen't have a full MCBR. I think this is the only B&M hyper without a MCBR. I've been thinking, how can Millenium Force go trimless while this ride has one? Oh well...Goliath opens on April 1!!! Park opens on March 4. Less than a month away. Ninja's supports are going to be black now.

Is their a maximum weight for Superman? It loks like the restraints weren't meant to hold big people.Any way, WHy is their a trim on Goliath? It dosen't need it!! All B&M hypers have trims. At least is dosen't have a full MCBR. I think this is the only B&M hyper without a MCBR. I've been thinking, how can Millenium Force go trimless while this ride has one? Oh well...Goliath opens on April 1!!! Park opens on March 4. Less than a month away. Ninja's supports are going to be black now.

MF's elements are so big that you don't really get very much +Gs, but a LOT of airtime

Where did you get the info that Ninja's supports are going to be black?

So there will be LOTS of peeps there?

I won't be able to stay on the train and ride till I throw up?

Actually I called my manager yesterday, who is technically my manager but works at SFOG.

Asked if he would get me in media day. Of course he said yes, but did not know the date.

I am planning on being there. Guess I should stick around for the weekend and ride the other coasters.

Maybe get some new guest service training while I am there also!:-)

So there will be LOTS of peeps there?

I won't be able to stay on the train and ride till I throw up?

Yea, unfortunately. I know I would have preferred to keep it selective, but whatever I guess

So they still have SFNO folks in Atlanta, huh? Guess that kind of hurts any hopes of opening this spring...

Actually without going into lots of detail, my manager came to SFNO few weeks before the hurricane and is back at SFOG since SFNO is down now.

As far as I know, only two lead supervisors actually worked SFOG after the storm as supervisors but they are back in New Orleans now with jobs and school ect.

I am more familiar with those in ride operations and park service so if others from retail and food there I am not in the know.

Of course I give no official statements but from what I see,

(I am active SFNO employee)

the park won't be back till 07.

No way will it happen in 06.

Oh Yeah!

Can't wait till media day!

Any way, WHY is their a trim on Goliath? It dosen't need it!! All B&M hypers have trims. At least is dosen't have a full MCBR. I think this is the only B&M hyper without a MCBR. I've been thinking, how can Millenium Force go trimless while this ride has one?

Photo from ParkTrips

http://www.coastercravers.com/goliath-sfog-con-4.jpg

The trim is in the base of a valley. The other B&M hypers that are trimmed are trimmed from a trim on the hill higher up. Those are just for stopping the train in the case of a stall so it doesn't rock back and forth forever.

I guess that's what your talking about, unless more trims have shown up.