TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 54 - Walt Disney Studios Park to become Disney Adventure World!

Disney & More just posted a "final end-of-year look" at current construction, of "Ratatouille".

And the second photo shows they are starting to work on the entrance (and signage) to the attraction.

And then thy'll cover it up, until The Opening, LOL.

436589346_ResizeofRe-exposureofratatouilleWDS93.jpg.04a6909f836c9d8756ba2e6369baadd3.jpg

The current view of what's going on.

1975850285_ResizeofratatouilleWDS94.jpg.6f8a0b0997564e02bd9c506d5ac4cd7c.jpg

Close up on the entrance and sign to the ride. (Thank you Disney & More for the photos)

I too recall the food at Disney Paris not being that great. I ate at an italian restaurant nearby to Buzz Lightyear and it wasn't great.

Agreed. I've always found French food to be a bit "overrated"--especially when they try to do Italian.

Just noticed the following article on this site: http://www.endorexpress.net/2014/01/paris-indy-coaster-to-be-rebuilt

The Disneyland Paris coaster Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril (French for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril) is closing down next tuesday for a complete refurbishment. In this case, complete really does mean complete.

The original construction, dating from june 1993 was meant to be a temporary attraction, therefore built with just plastered styrofoam. Almost 21 years later it is obvious that the attraction still is among DLP’s favourite hotspots. So starting 7th of January the entire area will be closed and torn down. The entire attraction will be leveled and rebuilt with more durable materials. Also the orientation of the attraction will be slightly different to make room for future Adventureland development.

Reopening is planned later this year.

I''m not sure how accurate it is but it does fit in with the parks maintenance schedule

I'm not sure if track work is taking place along with it but it would make sense to overall the track like DisneySea's version.

Well, the ride in both parks was a custom design from Intamin, modeled after a Pinfari Looper. They are th exact same coaster (though I will say Raging Spirits is much smoother then Indy) so unless they are going to re-profile it to make it smoother, there's probably no reason to do track work. I just don't understand what you mean to make it more like Disney Sea's version when it already is.

^DisneySea completely retracked Raging Spirits in two separate phases; esentially, they rebuilt the entire ride after fabricating all new track in Japan. The result was a much smoother ride that's actually fun.

I couldn't believe how much I could feel myself totally tensing up

on this ride, when the cars faced backwards. From my shoulders

to my neck muscles, it was crappy. And the when things happened,

(turns, dips, the loop) I felt like I was having to tense even more.

And got neck strain. And shoulder aches.

And when they got it facing forward again, it didn't make

much difference by that time. Still rough.

And this is from visits in 2002 - 2004 - 2007 and 2008.

Raging Spirits in Tokyo Disney Sea was a Total Shock!

It was literally smooth as glass, the whole cycle.

If they can do it with Indy in Paris, great!

538153319_ResizeofIMG_2977.JPG.96439bcc5eae1745b7b98192eee05fd7.JPG

Even my partner David, who got totalled by Indy in Paris, loved the Japan version!

Well, given what everyone says about Indiana Jones, I'm guessing I must have always caught it in very good days as it was running super smooth on all of my trips to Disney. Anyway, nice to see they're taking care of it.

^ You most certainly must have caught it in very good days!

I do ride it every time I get to DLP. But so far, nothing had changed.

And if you could ride Raging Spirits at TDS, I am pretty sure you

would even be shocked yourself, at the smoothness of the ride.

If the Paris version gets that makeover - Definite WIN!

The new Ratatouille area looks great and much needed for Walt Disney Studios. I like the fact that trackless dark ride system is being used for a different ride in each Disney park and not a clone of Pooh in each park. I hope they continue that trend in CA and FL and give us two unique rides with the trackless system.

A great French bakery and/or brasserie would be nice for the Ratatouille area of the park. All they would have to do is emulate an average bakery and brasserie in a good neighbourhood of Paris.

Well, the ride in both parks was a custom design from Intamin, modeled after a Pinfari Looper. They are th exact same coaster (though I will say Raging Spirits is much smoother then Indy) so unless they are going to re-profile it to make it smoother, there's probably no reason to do track work. I just don't understand what you mean to make it more like Disney Sea's version when it already is.

Apologies for the delay in replying back. As a couple of people have mentioned, I know they are basically the same ride but Raging Spirits was totally revamped/replaced and retracked over about 2 years from what I have heard. By doing that the ride is now extremely smooth and an enjoyable ride, and this is what I meant by saying I hope they perform similar maintenance/work to Indiana Jones.

• 2 weeks later...

New construction photos, posted by Disney & More, thru Screamscape.

Looks like they're starting on the fountain, now.

And the outdoor roof for the extended queue.

1103661731_ResizeofratatouilleWDS95.jpg.6ea41c04ed1122b0cf0789d1e4891aee.jpg

Fountain going in, to the right.

1046608720_ResizeofratatouilleWDS96.jpg.9167e2ee54b82d4b7e81f8ed83fd7dd1.jpg

Part of the restaurant, and main attraction entrance buildings.

1987138689_ResizeofratatouilleWDS97.jpg.5afdff90a5e991271fb7e1f676f73c0d.jpg

Front covered up for the eventual sign being installed.

917936337_ResizeofratatouilleWDS98.jpg.51f76e9beedf478c3171ec1c99c35915.jpg

The overhead outdoor 'roof' for the extended queue starting to take shape.

605303210_ResizeofratatouilleWDS99.jpg.85e465ed189b5e79517138466c2e7791.jpg

This building houses the bathrooms, I believe.

Or it could be part of the extended queue, indoors.

319323531_ResizeofratatouilleWDS99a.jpg.988388174e23a6e0cb082a090806a4ff.jpg

This yet to be facade-ed part is where the new gift shop is going.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.canoe.ca/Travel/News/2014/01/30/21436386-relaxnews.html

The theme park has enlisted the help of the godfather of French gastronomy to come up with a new attraction starring Rémy, the little rat who dreams of becoming a master chef in "Ratatouille."

Scheduled to open this summer, this new attraction will be located within "Le Monde de Rémy," (The World of Rémy) a reconstructed Parisian neighborhood in the Studios Disney park.

Titled "Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy," the ride will invite guests to follow the adventures of the young rat. Like the Oscar-nominated animated film, the ride will take place inside of the Parisian restaurant "Chez Gusteau."

Since gourmet cuisine is at the heart of the new attraction, the ride will open alongside a new restaurant, "Le Bistrot de Rémy," where fans can savor the little chef's famous ratatouille in a jumbo setting. There will also be a souvenir shop called "Chez Marianne, Souvenirs de Paris."

Disney provided a few details on the Ratatouille attraction last May, noting that it will allow the character of Rémy to "combine his storytelling talents with next-generation technology." Living up to this promise, the ride will allow guests to experience the world as Rémy sees it: a few inches from the ground.

I just noticed - it's interesting how they can photo-shop new riders

in the mice cars on the current art concept poster, etc.

ratatouilleWDS76.jpg.e17c99eb3fc28167719dd3b2132f0084.jpg

What was originally released.

ratatouilleWDS76alt.jpg.21560d746f3feeb8120a41c3ebec650f.jpg

Tight fit in both rows.

ratatouilleWDS76clt.jpg.c4fc99e7b5dffea41b68d14ea6751f1b.jpg

Now - family sized!