TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 45: New Zootopia details!

Found this on another website. Could be accurate, could be rumor. Evidently the list was leaked and guesses were made to if I was a shop or ride etc.

Adventure Isle

(Shop) Adventure Supplies

(Shop) Laughing Monkey Traders

(Shop) Rainbow Frog Trinkets

(Show) Storehouse Stage

(Food) Piranha Bites

(Food) Tribal Table

(Ride) Roaring Rapids

(Ride) Soaring Over the Horizon

(Walk-through) Camp Discovery Challenge Trail

Happy Circle

Fantasyland

(Food) Corner Market

(Food) Merlin's Magic Recipe

(Food) Royal Banquet Hall

(Food) Tangled Tree Tavern

(Food) Troubadour Treats

(Misc Attraction) Enchanted Storybook Castle

(Misc Attraction) Sword in the Stone

(Play Area) Evergreen Playhouse

(Ride) Hunny Pot Spin

(Ride) Peter Pan-s Flight

(Ride) Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

(Ride) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

(Shop) Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

(Shop) Castle Gifts

(Shop) Hundred Acre Goods

(Shop) Mountain Treasures

(Show) Storybook Castle Stage Spectacular

(Walk-through) Alice in Wonderland Maze

(Walk-through) "Once Upon a Time" Adventure

(M&G) Storybook Court

Hundred Acre Wood

VILLAGE COMPLEX

(Food) Chip & Dale's Treehouse Treats

(Food) Fairy Godmother's Cupboard

(Food) Picnic Basket

(Food) Pinocchio Village Kitchen

(Food) Timothy's Treats

(M&G) Meet Mickey and Friends

(Operations) First Aid/Baby Care

(Operations) Tip Board

(Ride) Dumbo the Flying Elephant

(Ride) Fantasia Carousel

(Shop) Be Our Guest Boutique

(Shop) Casey Junior Trinket Train (ODV)

(Shop) Melody Time Gifts

(Shop) Mickey and Minnie's Mercantile

(Show) Westside Performance Venue

(Walk-through) Gardens of Imagination

Carefree Corner

Gazebos

Melody Gardens

Teahouse of the Wandering Moon

Voyage to the Crystal Grotto

LEFT BLOCK

(Food) Club 33

Avenue M Arcade

Il Paperino

Lucky Express

MAIN ENTRANCE PORTAL

(Operations) Lockers

(Food) Mickey & Pals Market Cafe

(Food) Remy's Patisserie

(Show) PORTAL -- Walt Disney Theatre

RIGHT BLOCK

(Food) Sweethearts Confectionary

(Shop) Whistle Stop Shop

Tomorrowland

Well Spring

Alpha, Beta, Gamma

Arena E

(Show) Arena E Stage

CONCOURSE

(Food) Spiral Snacks

(Food) Stargazer Grill

(Food) The Light Stuff (ODV)

(M&G) Meet & Greet

(Operations) First Aid -- Tomorrowland

(Ride) Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue

(Ride) Jet Packs

(Ride) Tron Lightcycles Power Run

(Shop) Intergalactic Imports

(Show) Stitch Encounter

Power Supply

SUPERBLOCK

TRON COVER

Toy Story Land

(Food) Celebration Cafe

(Food) Toy Box Cafe

(M&G) MEET & GREET

(Ride) Rex's Racers

(Ride) Slinky Dog Spin

(Shop) SHOP

(Show) Woody's Roundup

Treasure Cove

(Food) Pintel & Rigetti's Grub to Grab

(Food) The Snackin' Kracken

(Food) Tortuga Treats

(Ride) Explorer Canoes

(Ride) Pirates of the Caribbean -- Battle for the Sunken Treasure

(Shop) Barbossa's Bounty

(Shop) Doubloon Market

(Show) EASTSIDE PERFORMANCE VENUE

(Show) El Teatro Fandango

(Show) Stunt Theater

Jolly Gypsy

Ocean Song

SPARROW'S NEST

Shipwreck Shore

Siren's Revenge

wdwmagic

I saw this list leaked at another site, a few weeks back.

On first viewing, it appears to have the same number of attractions (i.e "rides")

as Hong Kong did when HKDL first opened (15-16 including the castle boat ride).

But after that, it looks like a lot more shopping and dining is planned,

which I think makes the big difference between the two parks' openings.

And landscaping and That Castle, of course.

EDIT To Add: Here's two patents Disney applied for, which looks to me (now)

how the Hunny Pot Spin attraction could look and operate. Cool!

1313154194_ResizeofBeOurGuest-maybe1.png.5d098e5829f9837a625df4ee0d847221.png

Here's how they would spin and go up and down. Sort of.

299057168_ResizeofBeOurGuest-maybe2.png.162e4257fe9d7c44b80fcd013e304280.png

The overhead layout of the attraction.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/01/construction-on-shanghai-disney-resort-reaches-new-heights/

We’re thrilled to let Disney Parks Blog readers know that Shanghai Disney Resort recently celebrated two new construction milestones, including the topping out of the resort’s first Disney-themed hotel and the start of construction of a “mountain” in the resort’s theme park.

SHDR-Construction.jpg.a941a7797f44b372d6f3987cfc83452e.jpg

Shanghai Disney Resort and partner leadership teams poured the last concrete onto the roof section of the first of two Disney-themed hotels, marking the milestone. The hotel will feature 800 rooms over seven floors and will offer guests stunning views of Shanghai Disneyland, the retail, dining and entertainment district and the resort’s central lake.

SHDR-Construction-1.thumb.jpg.7cca9a706397e9413d5b89e98768a89c.jpg

Additionally, the first vertical steel for Shanghai Disneyland’s “mountain”, marked the official start of vertical construction for another remarkable attraction at the resort’s Magic Kingdom-style theme park. The mountain will be located in a key area of the theme park and will be the second highest structure at Shanghai Disney Resort after the Enchanted Storybook Castle.

Disney has a long-standing tradition of creating immersive and unforgettable experiences for guests around the world, and it will be no different with Shanghai Disney Resort. Classic Disney characters and storytelling blend with uniquely-designed and finely-crafted attractions, from rockwork to jungles, lakes and trees, to create exciting and extraordinary immersive places for guests of all ages to enjoy.

Shanghai Disney Resort continues on track to open at the end 2015. On opening day the resort will include Shanghai Disneyland, two themed hotels, a 46,000 square meter retail, dining and entertainment venue, recreational facilities, a lake and associated parking and transportation hubs.

Michael Eisner also posted some photos from his recent tour of the Shanghai Disneyland construction site, posing in front of a "future ride" that seems to be made up of coaster supports...

With Bob Weis brilliant designer of Shanghai Disneyland to open in 2015. Congrats Bob Iger and Tom Staggs

754666644_ScreenShot2014-01-31at4_33_02PM.jpg.8e9c77feb1822c3181576f477f484d52.jpg

Standing in front of ride at Shanghai Disneyland. Amazing project. Disney at best

1982044052_ScreenShot2014-01-31at4_33_53PM.jpg.edca74b3c91601fd4c0399812798a142.jpg

http://www.ecns.cn/business/2014/01-24/98491.shtml

Shanghai Disney Resort will have completed operational plans this year for traffic and safety, as well as coping with a flock of visitors ahead of the resort's opening at the end of 2015.

"We'll make plans taking into consideration the particulars of the domestic market based on the experience of holding the 2010 Shanghai World Expo," said Fan Xiping, chairman of Disney's Chinese joint venture partner in Shanghai Disney Resort, Shanghai Shendi Group.

"For example, large visitor flows are expected during the National Day holiday and the weekend after the national college entrance exam," Fan said on Wednesday.

"We'll be committed to ensuring a safe and orderly operation, especially when there's a huge visitor flow or bad weather, to keep the best service standards and create an immersive and unforgettable experience for guests," said Fan.

Construction of six themed zones in the resort as well as two Disney-themed hotels and retail, dining and entertainment districts are also on track in the 3.9-square kilometer resort in Pudong.

Construction of a "mountain", an attraction in the resort's Magic Kingdom-style theme park, started last week. The mountain will be the second highest structure at Shanghai Disney Resort after the Enchanted Storybook Castle. On completion, it will stand as the highest mountain in Pudong, according to the public communications department of Shanghai Disney Resort.

"The main projects in Disneyland will be completed this year and people will see the outlines of the castles and themed lands," Fan said.

They are also promoting the development of surrounding projects in the Shanghai International Tourism and Resorts Zone, which will include an outlet complex and ecological gardens.

Some political advisers urged Shanghai to introduce more world-class cultural and entertainment projects to build the zone into an international attraction.

"The Shanghai tourism department may talk to more first-class projects that have global recognition, who I believe will be interested and confident of the prospects of the zone in Shanghai, to build the city into a destination for travelers from around the world," said Guo Guangchang, a member of the Shanghai Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference and chairman of Fosun International, which is involved in industrial operations and asset management.

These projects should be complementary to Disneyland so that visitors will have rich and novel experiences, he said.

Chen Chao, another committee member, said prestigious cultural influence is an important factor when tourists look for a destination.

http://www.ecns.cn/2014/01-24/98493.shtml

Shanghai will not have a special Disney Line like Hong Kong but some Metro trains running from Luoshan Road to Shanghai Disneyland will feature Disney elements, officials announced yesterday.

Three trains on Line 11 will be painted with popular Disney characters inside and outside the carriages, Zhang Jianbin, the chief planner of the Shanghai Shentong Metro Group, the city's subway operator, told legislators at the annual session of the Shanghai People's Congress.

"Line 11 will not become a special Disney Line like in Hong Kong because it will mainly serve regular commuters," Zhang said.

To serve the theme park, Line 11 will have an extension from Luoshan Road Station to Disneyland with stops at Kangqiao Road E., Hengxin Road and Disneyland.

Passengers can change at Luoshan Road Station for a ride on one of the three theme-park painted trains, he said.

The 9.2-kilometer Metro line extension will include 7.7 kilometers above ground but the final stretch will be underground. Passengers will enter the park through an underground passageway. The under-construction Disneyland Metro station will feature a blue color scheme with fantasy elements.

The Disneyland station will be partially underground but will allow in natural light indoors. According to officials it will be surrounded by an artificial lake, trees and shrubs.

Edited by jedimaster1227

Michael Eisner also posted some photos from his recent tour of the Shanghai Disneyland construction site, posing in front of a "future ride" that seems to be made up of coaster supports...

From what I've read on other sites, this could be for the TRON coaster in TomorrowLand.

From what I've read on other sites, this could be for the TRON coaster in TomorrowLand.

Most likely. I have not heard of any other rumored coaster for opening day.

^ And I believe they're going to put in a clone of the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster, too

So, that'll be two coasters at least, in the park. And judging from what I have seen

of the "park map", the mine coaster won't be able to be walked around, like in WDW's MK.

So there might be a lot more theming and "mountains and mines" to this one, too.

1101279201_Resizeofdb_2012_0718_SDL_Map2_6001alt1.jpg.b9fdaa60a73db3731cd204b89e906623.jpg

To the right there, in FantasyLand. Probable/possible Dwarfs Mine Coaster.

That's very smart to finish the 'Downtown Disney' area before the park! They can rake in the dough while they build the park!

They will probably also have a Preview Center there as well, so they

could sell the park with artwork, models, etc. And sell advance tickets/passes, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Soooo... I've been very luckily lastly and I got a new job in Shanghai! And the first project I got is related to Shanghai Disneyland! YEAH!

I just arrived from the place and I was all the time thinking about posting in TPR hahaha

I can confirm the list of rides. ALL of them. Saw the list in the offices.

Theres a HUGE amount of dirt and some vertical construction too: Toon Town, both hotels, what I assume it is the Soarin' building (It is a HUGE box-shape structure) and a coaster (I suppose it is TRON) too! Most of the coaster is already built! It looks great! very twisty and.... it totally includes a launch! looking great! Maybe I am talking too much, but I would say it is a Vekoma coaster (after years and years of reading TPR I'm still not an expert... shame on me!) Didn't see any work in a building to cover the coaster, that's why I am not very sure it was TRON coaster. But it wasn't the seven dwarfs mine train, that's sure.

Despite it, the rest of the park is just pure mud and dirt, anithing else.

Saw some renders of the park in the offices and, yeah, it looks very original, huge and great! People working there were awesome too, it is impresive to see how much pre-production work a Disney park needs just for our enjoyment! And how many people it employs!

Hope to visit the construction area soon and be able to tell you more things about Shanghai Disneyland!

821922272_DSC_07711.thumb.jpg.b55b63405e59f7e6b1c0ccf96775cb13.jpg

Tron? Coaster

114746885_DSC_07722.thumb.jpg.da62b553e983dd6e34fd9ddb4521a394.jpg

1017533988_DSC_07741.thumb.jpg.a1bc3ba241a220490429545943f5f8d5.jpg

314898258_DSC_07681.thumb.jpg.ce55ed8a69370fc9e7d718a320e1c52c.jpg

Soaring over somewhere building? maybe? You can't say with this picture, but it is HUGE.

^ Well, actually any of my work mates, my company or myself had to sign anything.

I tell you more: access controls were surprisingly weak. Meaning that we didn't even showed our IDs or signed a register to acces in the offices or working areas. I was really surprised!

I neither want giving problems to TPR. If moderators considerate it, I will automatically delete them.

^&^^ I kind of chalk this up to "It's China". Yes it's Disney, but they're building a Disney park in a country known for IP Infringement in pretty much every industry. I assume we'll start seeing a lot more pictures of the park as it's being built with lax controls around the property.

Something I am really excited about is to see what type of entertainment the park will offer. Not the small stage shows, I mean the huge nighttime spectaculars and giant fireworks shows! Speaking of Fireworks, this being China: the land of all things fireworks and NO restrictions, I bet there will be some AMAZING stuff being exploded in the sky!The US and other more responsible countries have a lot of rules regarding Fireworks, but not China!!!

Something I am really excited about is to see what type of entertainment the park will offer. Not the small stage shows, I mean the huge nighttime spectaculars and giant fireworks shows! Speaking of Fireworks, this being China: the land of all things fireworks and NO restrictions, I bet there will be some AMAZING stuff being exploded in the sky!The US and other more responsible countries have a lot of rules regarding Fireworks, but not China!!!

Humm... China just started to raise Firework's tax to decrease air pollution. During Lunar new year the firework and firecrackers are insane. I bet Shsnghai Disneyland needs to pay more for a nighttime firework show than California's Disneyland.

I doubt that Shanghai Disney will have to pay more then Disneyland in CA. The rules and regulations here are crazy when it comes to fireworks.

Chinese rules can get even crazier than California's.

One thing that bothers me is that Chinese government is trying take away an important tradition of China but never seems to put effort on what truly stops the country from going forward. Everything about environmental protection, tax, intellectual property, marriage equality, education equality etc mostly stay as slogans but they seems extremely excited to take more tax from your firework.

Now back to Shanghai Disneyland... Wow that Vekoma looks great!

Slightly off-topic.

Coke drinkers are in mourning today..

PepsiCo inks deal with Shanghai Disney.

(Reuters) - PepsiCo Inc (PEP.N) has signed a deal to supply beverages to Walt Disney Co's (DIS.N) first China resort, breaking The Coca-Cola Co's (KO.N) quarter century monopoly over beverage supply to the U.S. theme park operator.

PepsiCo and its partner in China, Tingyi Cayman Islands Holding Corp (0322.HK), will exclusively provide beverages to the Shanghai Disney Resort, its first on mainland China which is set to open at the end of 2015, PepsiCo, Disney and Tingyi said in a joint statement on Thursday.

Coca-Cola has had a long-standing tie-up with Disney, while it has been at least 25 years since PepsiCo last sold its beverages through the theme park chain, a Dubai-based PepsiCo spokesman said.

The deal is only a tiny segment of China's 421 billion yuan ($68.74 billion) soft drink sector, but marks a blow for PepsiCo against Coke in the highly competitive market, where both brands are coming under increasing pressure from Chinese rivals and changing consumer tastes for local flavors.

"I wonder what kind of message it sends to Coke globally. Even though the Disney park is only one small thing, China has massive room to grow for the Disney brand. Tying up this deal could mean good things going forward," said Ben Cavender, Shanghai-based principal at China Market Research Group.

Disney said it currently has no plans to ink similar deals with PepsiCo to supply its other resorts, although it is "actively pursuing opportunities in a variety of different sectors," Murray King, vice president of public affairs for the Shanghai Disney Resort, said.

The PepsiCo spokesman said he could not comment on whether PepsiCo and Disney planned other tie-ups. Disney has a further 11 theme parks and 44 resorts around the world, according to its official website.

PEPSI VS COKE

Coca-Cola edges the China market with a 15.7 percent share of China's soft drinks market in 2012, ahead of PepsiCo's 4.5 percent share by off-trade volume, according to data from Euromonitor. China's soft drinks sector is worth around 421 billion yuan ($69.12 billion).

Chinese consumers are increasingly opting for healthier alternatives in food and drink, which has also hit growth for fast food chains such as McDonald's Corp (MCD.N) and KFC-parent Yum Brands Inc (YUM.N).

Coca-Cola remains the soft drinks supplier for Disney resorts outside mainland China. It is the beverage provider for Disney's 11 parks in the United States, Hong Kong, France and Japan, a Singapore-based spokeswoman for Coca-Cola said.

"The Coca-Cola Company and The Walt Disney Company share a long-standing partnership that dates to the first Disney television show in 1950 and the first Disneyland theme park in 1955. Today, our global partnership with Disney is as strong as ever," she added in emailed comments to Reuters.

Though it retains the biggest market share in China, but local rivals are catching up. Pepsi's partner in the market, Taiwanese Tingyi, raised its market share from 9.9 percent in 2007 to 12.8 percent in 2012, according to Euromonitor.

Tingyi and PepsiCo beverages will be the sole range of drinks sold at the Shanghai park, a Tingyi spokesman said. All three companies declined to put a value on the deal.

The key question for Pepsi is if it can leverage its tie-up with Disney outside the limits of the resort, said Cavender.

"If they can do more Disney-themed adverts elsewhere I can see this benefiting them a lot, and the fact Disney switched from Coke to Pepsi here could mean big things for the years ahead in other markets too," he said. ($1=6.1248 Chinese yuan)

Link: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/27/us-pepsico-idUSBREA1Q13020140227