TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Jazzland. Formerly Six Flags New Orleans.

RCT3 - NOCS

March

Hello, Kevin Trust here from Reality Entertainment Group (REG). I've just been hired here at Jazzland as park operations manager. In an effort to help advertise the park, I've decided to create a blog to showcase the parks transition. As you may already know, REG has acquired partial ownership with the City of New Orleans of the amusement park previously known as Six Flags New Orleans. With this new ownership , the park will undergo a extensive renovation to re-open as Jazzland in April of next year. In addition to the partial ownership, REG has been contracted to invest a minimum of Seventy-Five Million dollars into the park over the next twelve years.

The park has been in desperate conditions for a while now. REG took interest into the park a few years ago. This is REG's second time confronting the City of New Orleans about the site, this time the City Government agreed to the contract. Anyways, enough of this legal stuff. I'm sure you wan't to see what's happening at Jazzland.

This one was taken atop the new entrance, which is currently still under construction. You can see even more of the expanded Main Street square. Over five new boutiques and eateries will soon occupy these colorful structures.

Cajun Country will receive the most updating out of all the themed areas. Management wanted Jazzland to showcase Louisiana's heritage in utmost care. The log flume has received over nine-million dollars in renovation alone, by Intamin AG. To help bring it up to industry standards, including an expanded course and a more efficient water control system. There is also a bonus in the background!

I leave you with a bonus shot of the GoodTime Gardens. REG promises Jazzland will be made more flourished with life than ever before!!

Edited by JonnyRCT3

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May.

Hello, Travis Key here. The new park publicists.

(I had no idea amusement parks had publicists, but apparently they needed to get the word out about the park. I'm just the editor for my college paper, but I needed to put food on the table, so I winged my interview and voila. )

The redevelopment process is a bit behind schedule, but this is mainly due to the torrential rain we've had the past few weeks. Management was on my tail about the lack of updates, but I don't see them out in the rain. However, today the rain eased up a bit and I was able to snap a few photos.

Apparently, much of the redevelopment has been in infrastructure internal utilities. Such as electrical and plumbing upgrades and repair. This all as to be up to safety standards. Anyways, due to licensing issues and the poor condition of this section, DCSHA will not be returning for the 2014 season. I've heard the salvageable rides will receive and extensive overhaul and be located to a different location within the park.

This is what remains of the previous "DC Comics Super Hero Adventures" entrance. I've never been a fan of Comic Books, but I can imagine it would've been great. Especially with a company like Six Flags backing it up.

The Gotham City Hall in ruins....

Joker's Jukebox is in surprisingly moderate condition. The vandals did't torture this one too badly. Joker's Jukebox will be relocated, sporting a new name, theme, and seats. It's not much, but it's usually the little things that make the most out of ride.

Taken from the old Gotham City Hall stage. You can see the all new SkyCoaster purchased from a defunct park in Spain. The attraction replaces the old SkyCoaster that unfortunately suffered severe structural damage. I heard even the engineers were baffled on how it managed to stay vertical. You can also see the Osarka Splash Log ride, soon to be renovated. Should be interesting.

The former Batman: The Ride entrance. This place is has become overtaken with weeds, these are going to be a pain. A sore reminder of a signature attraction.

The site is littered with concrete footers and vegetation. Management is looking for something new to replace it, hopefully in time for next years opening. I've heard they're talking with a company named Verikoma...Velkama, some weird V name.

This ride is rumored to be on the chopping block, along with Catwomen's whip. I hope this one stays, seems like a more interesting ride compared to Catty's whip. Hopefully, these rumors are just rumors.

I've heard this one's fate is also questionable. A lot of things were wrong with it before the storm, and now the problems have been multiplied tenfold. I really wish management would keep more of the few rides they have, would be such a waste. Apparently it's from that same weird Verkiama company as well. I don't know what it is, the name just gives me a bad vibe.

The rain became ridiculous again, so that's it for this update.

Travis Key

Edited by JonnyRCT3

I think it is quite interesting that you are undergoing a NCSO approach to a revival of an existing park. If you faithfully recreate the entire layout of the park, then color me impressed.

Being limited with scenery is a challenge. However, it forces you to be more creative. And Yes, this will be a 100% recreation/revival.

This is a pretty interesting concept. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I'm no RCT3 expert but it's there a Boomerang CT where the lifts meet like they're supposed to? I'd strongly suggest using that.

Thanks! I've seen what your referring to, and it is an awesome cs. Sadly, this is a no cs park.

====================================================

September

Hello all, Travis Key again.

Lots of new developments throughout the park. Wiring and plumbing have been completed, now the more noticeable things will take priority. With the Cajun Country nearly complete, construction has moved full speed ahead on Mardi Gras. Mardi Gras is one of my favorite things about New Orleans, hopefully this area will live up to it's name. Enough about me, on to the update..

Lafitte's Pirate Ship will still hold it's old name and colors. Testing could finally begin with the new power grid installed. Lafitte's Pirate Ship surprisingly didn't suffer as much damage as it looked. I love rides like these, should be fun to try.

Crawfish Chaos, formerly Joker's Jukebox.

The first fully refurnished ride on site. After two weeks in shop and a week to assemble, Crawfish Chaos is almost ready for testing. I wonder if management would use me as a dummy? I don't know if that's good or bad, hmm. Anyways.... moving on.

One of the more tranquil sections of this chaotic construction zone, Orleans Garden. Apparently this area was once nothing but rubble and dead grass. Hard to imagine with all these lush trees. This will be used as a picnic area for guests, and for the park to host special event's. The only salvageable material was the Gazebo, which has been fully restored. Orleans Garden was constructed rather quickly, I can see why. The contractors at least needed a place to rest on break, there is little shade to be offered here.

The park has been keeping this one under wraps. I was at first unsure of what they were building, but now it is clear. Some new type of dark ride, replacing the old Jocco's Mardi Gras Madness that once stood there. Not much is known about it, but apparently it's supposed to break some type of record for a dark ride. Should be interesting.

Until next time.

Travis Key.

Aww, no comments?

==========================================================

January

Travis Key here, bringing you up to date with the latest Jazzland news.

Jazzland has multiple new developments throughout. I've have to say, this place has really grown on me in the past 10+ months. With opening day a few weeks to go, park operations have gone into full swing. Rides are being tested, staff is being trained, and the scent of fresh paint is giving me a headache. Things are going to get busy soon, so I'll enjoy this calm scene while it lasts. Management is expecting big crowds, and I'm supposed to help with that, so feast your eyes on these....

Pontchartrain Beach has seen the biggest change overall. Planning & Design scrapped the old look, and went with something more fresh, simple & open. The good old-fashion beach look, can't go wrong with that. The Big Easy is back in operation as well.

Mardi Gras has also undergone a transformation over the winter. The midway is now revitalized with all new shops and cafes. Like this one, Mime Time. Serving some yummy French pastries. The éclair here are insanely good, worth every dollar! (four to be exact)

The Jester is receiving some long awaited TLC. Dark green track with a purple support structure will replace the old faded scheme.

As you can tell, they still have work to do.

New! La Révolution

Spinning riders in a circular path while swinging on a large pendulum. Riders will experience zero g's and an out of control feeling. The ride apparently comes from Chance Rides, and cost the park 1.2 million. It's located in front of that mysterious dark ride, in the old Mad Rex location.

New! Surf Rider

An all new roller coaster, launching riders back in forth in a u-shaped layout. I've never seen anything like this, management must have done some extensive research. This shall be a rather "unique" experience, to say the least. The Bayou Cafe is also a new development.

The Bayou Cafe is an all new eatery right next to Surf Rider. It's decorated with loud colors, complementing Surf Rider. The menu features mostly burgers (with bacon), fries and shakes. The embodiment of American cuisine.

A look across the Lake, from Cajun Country. Jazzland is set to open in a few weeks, and there is no better time to buy your tickets. 20% off your ticket when you bring a friend!

~Travis Key

• 1 month later...

I might pick this park back up, although Valley Hills has me booked. I have 75% of Jazzland's timeline planned out, all that's left is the execution.

Also, these are all Photobucket pics (which has a viewing limit), so I had to wait. So glad I dropped that crappy program, Flickr is 100X better.