TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Thanks for the tips everybody! We'll be at Knotts in just a few hours, so excited

We're going to drop our stuff in Anaheim then cab it to Knotts, and I will def give Ghost Rider a shot. Looking forward to spending a full day here, fingers crossed it won't be crazy crowded, and that Mystery Lodge is running.

Well, with a Panda Express in Ghost Town, I guess it would be fitting to put Korean BBQ in Fiesta Village.

Awwwwww

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

yeah! #swag

I wouldnt be against the idea of mongolian Bbq either

Edited by Gnome

^Yep--that could be pretty good (or some Mrs. Knott's chicken biscuits).

Chicken and waffles seem to be around a lot, especially in the east. (Hello Springfield!)

So - maybe Mrs. Knott's "Chicken in A Blanket"?

Well Knott's has officially begun the deconstruction of their god-forsaken Mondial Windseeker starting with the top. Good riddance, that thing was never open anyway and it never fit into the Fiesta Village.

1424528_691153520896755_1893499455_n.jpg

Any speculation as to what's going to happen next in its place? A new restaurant sounds likely but I'm not sure about another BBQ.

Edit: Also it's definitely worth mentioning that Ghostrider was completely hauling ass-and-a-half a couple nights ago. The section between the MCBR and the second turnaround has never been more intense.

While I think the ride would have been a better fit for the Boardwalk area, as was originally planned, I still found it enjoyable in the Fiesta Village location. I think the ride actually provides an interesting mix of sensations; it's both thrilling, due to its height, and somewhat relaxing, given the smooth spinning motion. So, I am sad to see it come down!

And, making the deconstruction even more hard to bear is the knowledge that the current management at Knott's seems to have little interest in adding anything other than mild family rides at the moment. The chances of another thrill ride coming down the pike in the near future seem small, though I hope I'm wrong.