The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P.864 - Scary Farm Halloween Haunt 2014 New Mazes!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:02 pm

cfc wrote:^Yep--that could be pretty good (or some Mrs. Knott's chicken biscuits).

Chicken and waffles seem to be around a lot, especially in the east. (Hello Springfield!)

So - maybe Mrs. Knott's "Chicken in A Blanket"?

:)
Talk is cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:07 am

I would love to have a BBQ place there. Of course, I'd love to have any food places added there. ;)

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Randomman295 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:37 pm

Well Knott's has officially begun the deconstruction of their god-forsaken Mondial Windseeker starting with the top. Good riddance, that thing was never open anyway and it never fit into the Fiesta Village.

Any speculation as to what's going to happen next in its place? A new restaurant sounds likely but I'm not sure about another BBQ.

Edit: Also it's definitely worth mentioning that Ghostrider was completely hauling ass-and-a-half a couple nights ago. The section between the MCBR and the second turnaround has never been more intense.
You would be genuinely shocked to find out how comforting it is to be functionally insane.

My Photography Crap

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Vonni » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:58 pm

^ There has been all sorts of speculation, but nothing is solid.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby JeromyL » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:41 pm

50 bucks says that Knotts has officially retired WIND from any future ride names :p

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby TopThrill182 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:50 pm

While I think the ride would have been a better fit for the Boardwalk area, as was originally planned, I still found it enjoyable in the Fiesta Village location. I think the ride actually provides an interesting mix of sensations; it's both thrilling, due to its height, and somewhat relaxing, given the smooth spinning motion. So, I am sad to see it come down!

And, making the deconstruction even more hard to bear is the knowledge that the current management at Knott's seems to have little interest in adding anything other than mild family rides at the moment. The chances of another thrill ride coming down the pike in the near future seem small, though I hope I'm wrong.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Vonni » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:16 pm

^ I agree. KBF is due for a high thrill ride. It does not have to be a Roller Coaster (though that would be nice). I still feel a Max Air would be spectacular in Windseekers location.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:56 pm

The way KBF is headed, I would be surprised if it is anything other than a family/milder thrill attraction.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:05 pm

Vonni wrote:^ I agree. KBF is due for a high thrill ride. It does not have to be a Roller Coaster (though that would be nice). I still feel a Max Air would be spectacular in Windseekers location.

It would--except for the fact that there is a Chance version of the ride about 100 yards away. But then again, Leviathan.....
Steel: 74 --- Wooden: 11 --- Total: 85
Top 5: (1) Maverick --- (2) Millennium Force --- (3) Diamondback --- (4) X2 --- (5) YOLOcoaster

Home Park: Knott's Berry Farm

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Randomman295 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Vonni wrote:^ I agree. KBF is due for a high thrill ride. It does not have to be a Roller Coaster (though that would be nice). I still feel a Max Air would be spectacular in Windseekers location.

While another Huss flat would be great, the Chance Revolution two doors down seems sufficient for now. Besides, there really isn't enough room for something that big unless they were willing to extend over the lake, which I can't see Knott's doing.

My money's not on another restaurant (knott's has tons already), but maybe a medium-high thrill flat something along the lines of an Air Race. I for one would love to see that.

And while we're wishing for gold I might as well say that I really want Knott's Boomerang to be replaced with a giant ferris wheel.
You would be genuinely shocked to find out how comforting it is to be functionally insane.

My Photography Crap

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!