TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventuredome Discussion Thread

It certainly looks "loco"! Nice to see a different layout (though from what I see, the progression of elements is the same) from previous El Locos. I'm particularly interested in the rising turn after the first drop. It looks like there could be a bizarre moment of airtime and laterals combined, a sensation I really love, as it feels like I'm being literally spilled out of the seat. So far, SCBB Giant Dipper is the only coaster to have provided me this weird (in a good way) sensation.

Premier Track in Vegas.... This wouldn't be for Holiday Park because wouldn't that be shipped from the atlantic... and not west coast. Could this be going to a park on the west coast.... love surprises... looking at the track, I don't see any support connections so it reminds me of the in line twist on S:UF at SFDK.

^ Yeah, that is definitely not happening. An airplane is complete impractical. Due to weight you could only send 1, maybe 2 pieces at a time. Also why take it 3000 miles in the opposite direction? Premier is based in Maryland.

I'm guessing this is the coaster going into the Great Mall of China, probably being shipped from LA or Long Beach.

They are building a coaster next year at the Great Mall of China....perhaps that's where it is going...and damn, I really wish some park would tell Premier to just go to town, unrestricted! I believe if given the chance and money, Premier could EASILY build a top FIVE roller coaster.

They are building a coaster next year at the Great Mall of China....perhaps that's where it is going...and damn, I really wish some park would tell Premier to just go to town, unrestricted! I believe if given the chance and money, Premier could EASILY build a top FIVE roller coaster.

That makes sense

I sent an email to Premier, to see if they would claim ownership of the track and maybe give us a hint at where its going...

I know you mean well, but for future reference, please do not e-mail manufacturers asking for information on rides. They will announce projects and developments as soon as allowed.

I think the guess that it's going to China (or at least to that part of the world) is probably correct..makes total sense that they would truck it to California and then ship it to China from there. No other reason for it to come this far west unless it was going to a CA park, which we know it isn't.

^ Yeah, that is definitely not happening. An airplane is complete impractical. Due to weight you could only send 1, maybe 2 pieces at a time. Also why take it 3000 miles in the opposite direction? Premier is based in Maryland.

I'm guessing this is the coaster going into the Great Mall of China, probably being shipped from LA or Long Beach.

Premier may be Based in Maryland, but Intermountain Lift, Inc., who Fabricates their Track and Columns, is in Utah. Kinda funny how Intermountain Lift Fabricated Blue Track for Sky Rocket and BomBora at the same time and now they are Fabricating Red Track for Lagoon and Premier at the Same Time.

That is a wicked looking drop thingy, shoudl be a fun ride. I've never been to Adventuredome but the layout of this thing looks a bit more sprawling than I was expecting, relative to other El Loco Models.

I've got a feeling we're going to start seeing an awful lot of these El Loco coasters in the near future. Seems like the compact design and general "uniqueness" would be a great fit for a lot of parks.

Thanks for bringing that up; I meant to mention it. I found that disappointing to hear, also, since I'll be there New Year's Eve regardless. Hopefully the vendor is wrong and the park's website is right in saying 'December 2013.'

I don't think anyone is right or wrong, coaster building is a fluid process, the projected opening can often change back and forth several times. I know that December was Adventuredome's targeted opening, but it's possible that there have been difficulties in the last couple weeks, or it's possible that S&S may not have the most current info and the park may still be able to get it open by December..we'll just have to wait on more official word. This was mentioned kind of in passing rather than as a real announcement, so in my head Im kind of taking "December" and "Late January" and averaging them to form my expectation