TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 54 - Walt Disney Studios Park to become Disney Adventure World!

This new Ratatouille ride looks great, possibly the best attraction at the whole Disneyland Paris resort. Even though Walt Disney Studios is my least favorite major park, this ride looks good enough to get me to return to the park. Granted, I'd have to be visiting France or at least Europe in the first place, but I'd add in a day or two at Disneyland Paris just to try this (and anything else they add by the time I next visit).

I hope Disney will install trackless dark rides in Florida and California in the near future. They seem like the best types of dark rides out there.

There appears to be a LOT of screens these vehicles will be moving towards,

running from, traveling by... and the released visual doesn't really show it,

but is there any word on this, to possibly be a 3-D glasses-wearing attraction?

So far, with the first three trackless attractions (Aquatopia, Pooh, Mystic Manor),

Disney hasn't relied so much on large screens being a main part of such a ride.

Just being curious. I am actually hoping that glasses won't be worn, and that

the films on the screens will be Ultra High-Def, or something like that.

Space Mountain in Disneyland Paris is finally getting trains improvement. The older trains will be replaced by new ones. On the picture you see the trains in the Disney Paris storage, I think they will get the "bullet theming" like the older trains any time now.

Also, I haven't seen this video in this topic. In 2013, Dreams has got two new scenes (a Lion King and a Brave scene). Disneyland Paris official youtube channel has this awesome movie of the full show. I've watched it in real life a few weeks ago and I completely fell in love with it !

Disney Dreams is also getting a "winter edition" this year.

So far, with the first three trackless attractions (Aquatopia, Pooh, Mystic Manor),

Disney hasn't relied so much on large screens being a main part of such a ride.

Just being curious. I am actually hoping that glasses won't be worn, and that

the films on the screens will be Ultra High-Def, or something like that.

Unless the video is only intended to be background stuff (like a high tech matte painting), 3D would make a lot more sense.

Yes, you'll be wearing 3D glasses.

Space Mountain in Disneyland Paris is finally getting trains improvement. The older trains will be replaced by new ones. On the picture you see the trains in the Disney Paris storage, I think they will get the "bullet theming" like the older trains any time now.

FINALLY is the key word here. The first and also previous time I visited DLP was in March of 2005, and I didn't have the chance to ride it as it was undergoing it's DLTALL-SMM2 transformation then. Up until now, I've refused to go back there as I've heard all too much of it's ability to give one a concussion.

Is there any information on when the new trains will start running? (and I'd like to see the return of DLTALL, wishful thinking though)

Edited by Blue Fire Guy

^ I went on Space Mountain in 2002. 2007. 2008...

and nothing seemed to change from the all-over

ride experience - it was very rough. But, I would

still ride it again - and hopefully, with the

adjustments as needed, lol.

I've refused to go back there as I've heard all too much of it's ability to give one a concussion.

If I'm honest, it's not that bad. I mean, it's pretty rough in the back (and middle) even though I've ridden much worse. However, last time I went there in 2011 I got to ride the second car and it was perfectly fine, I remember no headbanging whatsoever. (the same cannot be said about the other ride I took in the middle car)

Still, I'm very glad to see they're FINALLY (as you said) getting new trains as I feel the ride has quite a lot of potential.

A few new photos of the Ratatouille construction.

By PhotosMagiques, through Screamscape.com.

301503027_ResizeofRatatouilleWDS78.jpg.7a4c37919a4112181831046b260d28b1.jpg

Over view of the show building and facades.

1802455709_ResizeofratatouilleWDS79.jpg.9fe14ada6017ef2cb7fee15ca537a361.jpg

Closer view of the attraction entrance.

254587920_ResizeofratatouilleWDS80.jpg.4267d36f279278c8e862e3f493e4a71f.jpg

View of Gusteau's Restaurant.

644274222_ResizeofratatouilleWDS81.jpg.09ae1aa0192690fba29d8bf192e59e6e.jpg

The cast costume bldg. morphing into a part of the "City of Paris".

Some advice please.

Going in December with wife and 2 year old. What's cheapest way to get tickets? Book on Disney site with a package or just get hotel and get tickets separate? Been online all night but hard to work out best deals.

Also - is there anywhere to put prams/strollers at the side of rides when you're on them? Are you better renting one for the day?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
A five-year-old boy is in critical condition in hospital near Paris after reportedly “falling under a machine” in the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at Disneyland Paris, according to French media reports.

When emergency services arrived at the scene, the boy was "trapped between a platform...and a boat" at one of the attractions, reported to be the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

Local police commander Fabrice Delin told BFM TV that the accident occured at around 4.50 pm and that the boy had fallen off the back of one boat before being hit by another one that was coming up behind.

He was immediately transported to the Necker children’s hospital at around 5.45 pm, according to a source cited by France's BFM TV, who also claimed that the boy was in a "critical" condition.

The theme park, formerly known as EuroDisney has witnessed accidents in the past. In April 2011 five people were injured, one seriously on the Train through the Mines ride and in November 2008 a boy was left with a head injury after falling from a rollercoaster, according to reports.

Article

Very sad to hear. Hope he pulls through. Another case of "Could their parents have prevented this?!"

That happened right before the unload. The boat was stopped for a few seconds (probably under the skull head), the boy stood up but then the boat restarted, putting him in imbalance. He fell in the water and get stuck between the conveyor the next boat. The dad and the cast members pulled him out, but he has several serious injuries.

Ratatouille is looking and sounding amazing. I love the illusion of mayhem that the ride will create by being trackless. I think the not knowing where the car is going sensation and also the alternate routes will make it really fun with lots of laughter.

I've been going to Disneyland Paris since 2002 and its great to see it go from strength to strength.

More new construction photos were posted by

Disney and More. Stuff's getting done here!

663596793_ResizeofratatouilleWDS87.jpg.b3ebe868522a915efbebff5a29b033c5.jpg

Overview of the area.

14492875_ResizeofratatouilleWDS88.jpg.755f270257d36fb537021acb789a6cb0.jpg

Costume Bldg.behind this new spot for the area's Gift Shop. Extended queueing will be between the main show bldg. and this one.

1581394897_ResizeofratatouilleWDS89.jpg.92c973797eea3970e01a12532b329a9e.jpg

Front of Gusteau's Restaurant. Mais oui!