TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

p. 118 - EPCOT Destination D23 news roundup!

My ultimate dream would be for them to bring the ride back to what it originally was. With Dream Finder and the 2nd floor imageworks. I would love for that to happen and have the rainbow tunnel back. There is an extremely small chance of that happening but I won't ever forget what figment said. "One little spark, of inspiration. Is at the heart, of all creation. Right at the start, of everything that's new. One little spark, lights up for you. Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow. Horn of a steer, but a lovable fellow. From head to tail, he's royal purple pigment. And there, Viola!, you've got a Figment!We all have sparks, imaginations. That's how our minds, create creations. For they can make, our wildest dreams come true. Those magic sparks, in me and you. Imagination, imagination. A dream, can be a dream come true. With just that spark, in me and you." So I can imagine that it would go back to what it once was. Doesn't that sound good?

What if we had that back?

I was just showing a friend what the ride and area used to be like (original POV's on youtube and all that). My first year working at Disney in 2009, I took a small tour up there...it brought back a lot of memories seeing most of it still up there. I would love to see Dreamfinder return.

• 2 weeks later...

^If that's the case, I wonder if they will open the double doors in the room before that since the flow of the exit currently finishes in that room. Also curious is where the queue might be for this meet and greet if it turns out to be popular.

• 2 weeks later...

Um...we may have a VERY big problem here!!!!

From the Food & Wine Festival page...

Cheese

Delight your senses at the sight, smell and taste of distinctive cheeses from a host of countries spanning the globe.

To eat:

Almond-crusted blue cheese soufflé with fig jam*

Artisan cheese selection (Beechers Flagship Reserve served with honey, La Bonne Vie Triple Cream Brie served with apricot jam and Wijngaard Goat Gouda with Craisin® bread)

TBD

That TBD better freakin turn into fondue real fast!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ Say it isn't so! That's such tasty Fondu it can't be discontinued! Looks like I can numb the possible lose with the new Dessert booth items, Hazelnut Chocolate Cheesecake yum!

And then there is this:

Scotland (New):

-- Seared Scottish Salmon with Cauliflower Puree, Watercress and Malt Vinaigrette

-- Vegetarian Haggis with Neeps and Tatties-Griddled Vegetable Cake with Rutabaga and Mashed Potatoes

-- Scottish Banoffee Tart with Bananas, Scottish Whisky Toffee, Walkers Shortbread Crumbles and Sweet Cream

-- Innis & Gunn® Original

-- Loch Lomond featuring Glenfiddich® 12 year

-- Glenfiddich® Scotch Flight (12, 15 and 18 year)

Always excited by new food to try, but Vegetarian Haggis? Really?

Um...we may have a VERY big problem here!!!!

From the Food & Wine Festival page...

Cheese

Delight your senses at the sight, smell and taste of distinctive cheeses from a host of countries spanning the globe.

To eat:

Almond-crusted blue cheese soufflé with fig jam*

Artisan cheese selection (Beechers Flagship Reserve served with honey, La Bonne Vie Triple Cream Brie served with apricot jam and Wijngaard Goat Gouda with Craisin® bread)

TBD

That TBD better freakin turn into fondue real fast!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, best post of the day! (and I agree Elissa!)

^ Say it isn't so! That's such tasty Fondu it can't be discontinued! Looks like I can numb the possible lose with the new Dessert booth items, Hazelnut Chocolate Cheesecake yum!

And then there is this:

Scotland (New):

-- Seared Scottish Salmon with Cauliflower Puree, Watercress and Malt Vinaigrette

-- Vegetarian Haggis with Neeps and Tatties-Griddled Vegetable Cake with Rutabaga and Mashed Potatoes

-- Scottish Banoffee Tart with Bananas, Scottish Whisky Toffee, Walkers Shortbread Crumbles and Sweet Cream

-- Innis & Gunn® Original

-- Loch Lomond featuring Glenfiddich® 12 year

-- Glenfiddich® Scotch Flight (12, 15 and 18 year)

Always excited by new food to try, but Vegetarian Haggis? Really?

It's got to be better than actual Haggis.

So I was at Epcot two weeks ago and does anybody else feel the park is in way better condition than it was 10 years ago? I mean the new Test Track is totally rad. And Mission Space is still awesome. And Spaceship Earth is better now that it doesn't have some mis-projected predictions. And Soarin is sweet. And The Living Seas is in much better condition with Nemo (still deserted though.) Also, Captain EO rocks.

Anyway. I had not been to Disneyworld in 9 years so it was nice to see Epcot in great shape especially since certain forums always whine that the park is shambles.

• 4 weeks later...

Reposted from the TPR Facebook page:

1234977_10151882506038566_62141472_n.jpg

With the rumor of the Imagination ride closing and being re-themed, we would like to propose an idea: "Journey Into Imagineering."

Follow an Imagineer through the actual design process of an attraction, but the REAL process... Getting your pitch doc approved, frustrating questions in the green-light meeting, marketing people that don't quite get your vision, exciting Microsoft Project schedules (always fun!), back-stabbing co-workers, designers making un-approved changes, fighting for more time and budget, battling the outsourced contractors installing the ride, thrilling on-the-fly story tweaks, and all the things that go into finally making the "magic" happen.

Maybe then some "fans" would actually appreciate what goes into these attractions instead of always complaining about them.

Just a thought!

Ok, Not sure which WDW Park thread to post this in, so I'll start with Epcot.

Last Time I visited WDW was in 2009. I will be visiting the parks on November 27-30th, and would like to know what has changed and what I can expect crowd wise. I know the Disney Junior Soccer Showcase is going on during this (huge Soccer tournament at ESPN WWoS), so will that effect crowds? Also, best places to eat? Especially Epcot, as I will spend a good amount of time there. I have no priorities or must do's yet, but that might change if my little sister comes along so I can get her on all the Mountain rides, Good Tower, and Rockn' Roller coaster; as those are what she wants to do the most. Any other info would be much appreciated!

Thanks!