TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Glad to see they added seat belts (why didn't they in the first place? Most Millennium Flyers & PTCs have them). No matter how good a design is or how well engineered something is, there is always a chance something unforeseen can go wrong, that is why the "Unsinkable" Ship is over 100 years late from its arrival. Always plan for the unexpected.

bahama.jpg.c96cd8541983229e079fcd4605ff8118.jpg

New BAHAMA BLASTER

Free-Fall Thrill Slides Coming to Six Flags Fiesta Texas Summer 2014

New Innovative Extreme Waterslides are the First in Texas

Long recognized as the region’s leader for creating innovative world-class experiences, Six Flags Fiesta Texas announced today plans to build the state’s first multiple lane trap-door free-fall waterslides, the new thrilling four-slide Bahama Blaster. Coming in 2014, the extreme Bahama Blaster is just one of several new attractions and new guest amenities debuting next summer as part of an entirely new expansion in Fiesta Texas’ FREE White Water Bay water park.

Bahama Blaster offers an adrenaline rush like no other collection of slides in the region. This newest addition to White Water Bay features four body slides that sit side-by-side and offer a unique launching capsule system. After reaching the top of the six-story tower, guests step into the enclosed vertical capsule where the floor drops out beneath them, sending riders free-falling 40 miles-per-hour down the slide.

The unique construction of the Bahama Blaster features:

. A launching capsule, which riders step onto and the floor drops out sending them shooting down the slide. Launch programming may be varied so that all riders launch at the same moment, or in sequence.

. Four slides that sit side by side, two looping and two straight drop.

. Clear tubes that allow spectators to see riders as they travel down the slides at up to 40 miles-per-hour.

“Bahama Blaster is the thrilling centerpiece of an entirely new tropically themed White Water Bay expansion for 2014. We will also be announcing additional new water park attractions and guest amenities in the months ahead,” said park president Martin Bozer. “This year, the Iron Rattler hybrid roller coaster reset the bar for epic thrills. This extreme White Water Bay addition will further define Six Flags Fiesta Texas as the region’s premier vacation destination.”

Get ready for the scariest and biggest Fright Fest ever in park history! Don’t miss out on all new chill-inducing haunts, frightening new scare zones, the new Iron Rattler in the dark and spine-tingling excitement. Fright Fest is featured Saturdays and Sundays, October 5-27, Monday, October 14 and Fridays, October 18 and 25.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas also announced today that 2014 season passes are now on sale at the lowest prices of the year and provide unlimited visits for the rest of the 2013 season (including Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park) and all of the 2014 season. For a limited time, with the purchase of a season pass four-pack, guests will receive a free upgrade to a gold season pass which includes free admission and free season parking to any Six Flags Theme Park with every pass. Annual Memberships Passes, which include all of the great benefits of a season pass, are also available at an affordable monthly price. Offer expires October 28, 2013.

For more information about upcoming 2014 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides, visit http://www.sixflags.com/2014news.

Video: http://content.sixflags.com/comingin2014/fiestatexas/bahama-blaster/

Edited by robbalvey

The eXtreme 14 and drop sticks was just SFFT marketing the announcement. They had fun with it. I think this is good for the water park because I've been there days where the water park is more crowded then the actual park. People of San Antonio area love them some water parks. Plus I'm going to have to check this out.

Just as I suspected.....but a great addition to the parks White Water Bay. It had been a while since they had gotten any new slides for the water park.

The coolest thing about the news is that Six Flags named the slide complex "Bahama Blaster" instead of "Bonzai Pipeline" like they have for all the other similar slide installations at SFStL, SFA, and SFNE. Kudos to SFFT for changing it up a little.

Edited by ArizonaGuy

Just as I suspected.....but a great addition to the parks White Water Bay. It had been a while since they had gotten any new slides for the water park.

The coolest thing is about the news is that Six Flags used a Bahama Blaster instead of Bonzai Pipeline like they have for all the other similar slide installations at SFStL, SFA, and SFNE. Kudos to SFFT for changing it up a little.

The development process for names was pretty neat.

Here are some suggestions that I had, that didn't pass! Ultimately a decision was made by our corp team and we had the name Bahama Blaster!

My Suggestions:(Some are corny, but I liked them )

Aqua Pipeline

H20 Splashdown

H20 Drop

Splash Drop

VertiDrop Splash

VertiDrop

Aqua VertiDrop

ExRush Drop

ExRush Splash

ExRush

AquaEX

SplashEX

EXSplash

EXDrop

Now we know what Six Flags Fiesta Texas' definition of eXtreme is. Foghorn Leghorn's Barnyard Railway must be considered by Six Flags Fiesta to be SUPER eXtreme.

Bonzai Pipeline slides scare the crap out of me. I really dislike them. I'm not claustrophobic, but I felt I was trapped and there was too much water rushing straight into my face the entire ride. They are the most extreme water park rides you can get. I believe "eXtreme" is a good term to describe the ride.

Now we know what Six Flags Fiesta Texas' definition of eXtreme is. Foghorn Leghorn's Barnyard Railway must be considered by Six Flags Fiesta to be SUPER eXtreme.

This is an eXtreme ride! But Foghorn Leghorn's Barnyard Railway SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!! ( Just Kidding )

A new addition to White Water Bay is definitely a good move for SFFT. Texas love their water parks. The slides do look fun, and I look forward to trying them out next year.

I agree. If my guess is correct, I'm thinking they're going to be to the left of the wave pool. It's going to look real nice driving into the parking lot and seeing the tall slide complex. I really think this balances out the park pretty nice, with the exception of no woodie.....but I'm hoping we'll see one in the next several years.

I'm planning on visiting the park the next 2 weekends (Saturday the 8th and Sunday the 15th). Are these good days to visit as far as riding the coasters is concerned? Is it less crowded after the Labor Day weekend?

It shouldn't be too bad as you are missing the labor day rush and school has already started. I always make sure to check the calandar on SFFT's website though to make sure there are no special deals going on or large events taking place. I've accidently shown up to parks on days where tickets are discounted and I'll never make that mistake again. I've been to SFOT the same weekend and it was slightly less crowded than usual although I can't directly speak from experience for this time of year at SFFT.

So the company I work for has 2 events going on Friday, September 27 and Sunday, September 29. Now I wonder if I attend one of them if I could beat my 30+ iRat rides I got during its media day. $25 for a Meal and basically a flash pass all day(park is closed to the public.) Might be to good to pass up.

^ Yeah, which makes me wonder why they would let someone with no limbs ride a HYPER COASTER!!!

I'm sorry, but, to me its just common sense.

He was a veteran, which made it a "damned if you do, damned if you don't"-type PR situation. Let the dude on, and, well... the worst-case scenario occurred. Follow protocol and deny him access, and there's a very high chance that either he or his family will get pissed and go to the press about it, which leads to such wonderful things as "Disabled Veteran Denied Ride On Roller Coaster", which is probably an even worse PR issue and leads to such wonderful things as large-scale boycotts, lawsuits, and a general trail of horrible PR.

Exactly.

My partner and I spent the day in the park also and were shocked that the Iron Rattler was closed. The only good thing was that they had an ERT for passmembers on Goliath from 1030 until 1130. Got to ride the front seat 3 times in less than an hour during the ERT.

Did something happen on Labor Day that damaged the IR?

Did they close it because they expected a smaller crowd between Labor Day and Fright Fest?

The other rides were open even though Superman Krypton Coaster didn't open right away. The crowds were light.

I rode 11 rides and 10 of those within 4 hours.

I just called SFFT and asked them when the IR would be running again and they told me it was closed indefinitely and that it may not even be open for either Fright Fest or Holiday In The Park, even though SFFT had previously announced that IR would be open for both events.

Looks like it will have to be the Texas State Fair for me next month.