Liseberg Discussion Thread

Pg 272: Valkyria Construction Tour
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Books are dumb

Re: Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby Loefet » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:56 am

Helix Update

Had some time to stop by the park today and here is the latest:
No steel today, but a lot more footers than last time. They have started work on several new locations since last time, heck there was even some movement at the station area, which was really nice to see. Still a lot to do, but I think most of the footers on the northern end of the mountain is done. I didn't bother to ride Lisebergbanan today since it was pretty crowded, so I can't say how much is done in that area, but I'm pretty sure that they have progressed as far as to start making the actual footers.
On the other hand while walking by the storage/maintenance area I spotted some people milling around some big sky-lifts so there are preparations being done to start the erection as the steel arrives, though I doubt that it won't really happen until after the season finale, which is the 6:th of October.

Pictures:
Helix_08_03_01.jpg
This was actually the last images I took, but I put it first since it's a good place to start. Here you can see how much of the mountain that is being under construction
Helix_08_03_02.JPG
We just have to hope that they fix this area later so that it will look just as nice as before
Helix_08_03_03.JPG
Most of the footers for the first launch are done, just some at the end remains
Helix_08_03_04.JPG
Some of them are massive
Helix_08_03_05.JPG
Would you look at that, it appears that they have done something at the station area, seeing that there is a digger there now
Helix_08_03_06.JPG
Here is something new, wonder what they are doing there
Helix_08_03_07.JPG
They have completely ripped out the flower bed that was located here before, not so odd really since the brake run of Helix will go past here
Helix_08_03_08.JPG
They have started to clear away that black shed that have been located here for some time, and looking at the holes in the concrete then there might also be some preparations being made station track footers
Helix_08_03_09.JPG
They have relocated a lot of material here
Helix_08_03_10.JPG
I haven't seen this ditch here before, so there is some major preparations being done to the station area
Helix_08_03_11.JPG
The last footers for the first launch, some of them may also be for the dive down to the pretzel
Helix_08_03_12.JPG
Crossing point between the first airtime hill and the turn before the essess into the in-line twist
Helix_08_03_13.JPG
This one on the other hand will be for the second corkscrew
Helix_08_03_14.JPG
The last one was number 33 and here is 34 :)
Helix_08_03_15.JPG
Still a lot of drilling to be done
Helix_08_03_16.JPG
The "power" building have really started to take shape (no idea really what will be located here, but power would be a good bet, so I will call it that)
Helix_08_03_17.JPG
A little closer
Helix_08_03_18.JPG
They have to clear out a lot of stuff here to be able to start the footers for the Pretzel
Helix_08_03_19.JPG
I would almost say that they are pretty much done here under the lift, hard to tell really, I do hope that they will start the footers here soon though
Helix_08_03_20.JPG
They have also cleared out the games/drink machines under this roof so that they can put in the footers required for Helix
Helix_08_03_21.JPG
It's really hard to tell how much they have done down there from this location, next time I have to go on Lisebergbanan so I can take a closer look
Helix_08_03_22.JPG
Here next to Flumeride was something I haven't seen before, Looks like a footer for the second launch, the location is spot on for one
Helix_08_03_23.JPG
The hole in the image above is just straight down here between the roof and Flumeride.
Looking at the lower end of the ride then there is loads of clearing to be done until footers
Helix_08_03_24.JPG
Crap, they have expanded their Construction HQ and put a new shed in right at the spot where I take the images to see what is going on..
Helix_08_03_25.JPG
.. Doesn't matter really, since the barriers are so low that you easily can take some images above it :)
Helix_08_03_26.JPG
More blasted rock at the second launch area
Helix_08_03_27.JPG
And looking at all those holes then it seems like they aren't done yet
Helix_08_03_28.JPG
But then again, there may be more on the way :)
Helix_08_03_29.JPG
The Helix car is still a big attention grabber, it seems like there is always some people milling about around it
Helix_08_03_30.JPG
Don't think much have happened here for some time now, most of the footers here are more or less done
Helix_08_03_31.JPG
It's a shame really seeing the hill this naked, but the lack of trees makes it possible to see parts of Lisebergbanan that you haven't for years
Helix_08_03_32.JPG
As said, I have to go on Lisebergbanan next time, since these kinds of images don't really tell much
Helix_08_03_33.JPG
Look, 3 Sky-lifts!!
Helix_08_03_34.JPG
Kanonen!!
Helix_08_03_35.JPG
Here is an image that was taken slightly before the first one, and with it I end this update. Until next time!!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CedarPoint » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:12 pm

A very nice update as usual! :D I have some questions for you :) How was the lines for everything? Do you have a season pass? How crowded is Liseberg usually on Sundays?

Btw I live in Sweden too :) too bad I live pretty far away from Liseberg and Gröna Lund :/
Cedar Point<3

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:50 pm

BTW about the Helix construction, noticed that Liseberg managed to arrange their construction schedule somewhat that they could open Lisebergbanan on the 22:nd, wonder if they manage to do something similar on the 29:th or if it will be shut then as planned.

CedarPoint wrote:A very nice update as usual! :D I have some questions for you :) How was the lines for everything? Do you have a season pass? How crowded is Liseberg usually on Sundays?

Btw I live in Sweden too :) too bad I live pretty far away from Liseberg and Gröna Lund :/

Thank you!!
Today it was pretty bad, way worse than almost all other visits this year, Lisebergbanan was about 30 minutes as we were there, the queue for Flumeride, Uppskjutet, Uppswinget, etc. was spilling out onto the main paths, so today were pretty crowded to say the least.
Of course :) , you need a season pass if you plan to visit the weekly/biweekly to be able to make these updates for you all out on the net.
Sundays are almost always better especially now when the peak season have passed. I was actually pretty surprised by the crowds today, must be the really nice weather we are having. It will be even better as the season nears it's finale, the crowds will decrease as you get closer to the final day, and also you will get more lovely night riding later in the autumn :lover: It will get colder, but Lisebergbanan at night gives you a nice warm feeling inside :)

It's a shame really, I don't live that far away from Liseberg in reality (about 32 km) but I really wish that I could live even closer than I do today, there are loads of nice apartments with great views of Liseberg I would love to live in :lover:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CedarPoint » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:17 pm

Loefet wrote:BTW about the Helix construction, noticed that Liseberg managed to arrange their construction schedule somewhat that they could open Lisebergbanan on the 22:nd, wonder if they manage to do something similar on the 29:th or if it will be shut then as planned.

CedarPoint wrote:A very nice update as usual! :D I have some questions for you :) How was the lines for everything? Do you have a season pass? How crowded is Liseberg usually on Sundays?

Thank you!!
Today it was pretty bad, way worse than almost all other visits this year, Lisebergbanan was about 30 minutes as we were there, the queue for Flumeride, Uppskjutet, Uppswinget, etc. was spilling out onto the main paths, so today were pretty crowded to say the least.
Of course :) , you need a season pass if you plan to visit the weekly/biweekly to be able to make these updates for you all out on the net.
Sundays are almost always better especially now when the peak season have passed. I was actually pretty surprised by the crowds today, must be the really nice weather we are having. It will be even better as the season nears it's finale, the crowds will decrease as you get closer to the final day, and also you will get more lovely night riding later in the autumn :lover: It will get colder, but Lisebergbanan at night gives you a nice warm feeling inside :)

It's a shame really, I don't live that far away from Liseberg in reality (about 32 km) but I really wish that I could live even closer than I do today, there are loads of nice apartments with great views of Liseberg I would love to live in :lover:

Nice! Let's hope so!

I don't like when it's too crowded :/
Nice :D do you think it will be crowded tomorrow?

That would be awesome! I live about 310 km away from Liseberg :(
Cedar Point<3

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:07 am

CedarPoint wrote:Nice! Let's hope so!

Sorry for the late reply, if you are in the park already then I hope that the crowds aren't that bad for you, but if not, then I would guess that it won't be as bad as yesterday, but it would be even less later.

EDIT: According to an article in GP today which said something about Flumeride made an E-stop, also said that there were 14000 visitors in the park today, which really are a lot of people for a Sunday this late in the season.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CedarPoint » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:42 pm

Loefet wrote:[quote

Sorry for the late reply, if you are in the park already then I hope that the crowds aren't that bad for you, but if not, then I would guess that it won't be as bad as yesterday, but it would be even less later.

EDIT: According to an article in GP today which said something about Flumeride made an E-stop, also said that there were 14000 visitors in the park today, which really are a lot of people for a Sunday this late in the season.[/quote]

Np. :) thanks! I'm very happy I didn't go! :p
I went this Thursday instead :D I had a great time. 5-10 min to everything! Too bad Lisebergbanan was closed all day :/ but I actually didn't see them working on Helix all day
Cedar Point<3

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CedarPoint » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:49 pm

Loefet wrote:
CedarPoint wrote:Nice! Let's hope so!

EDIT: According to an article in GP today which said something about Flumeride made an E-stop, also said that there were 14000 visitors in the park today, which really are a lot of people for a Sunday this late in the season.

Oops! Lets try that again

Np. thanks! I'm very happy I didn't go!
I went this Thursday instead I had a great time. 5-10 min to everything! Too bad Lisebergbanan was closed all day :/ but I actually didn't see them working on Helix all day. FlumeRide made an E-stop again when I was there
Cedar Point<3

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby dropzonefan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:51 pm

I''m really sorry if this question sounds stupid, but what's with this park and having two of everything?... They have two drop towers, and now two launchers?... Sure, Helix looks incredible, but why would they bother building it at a park that already has an intamin rocket coaster?
Signatures are for n00bs!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simon8899 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:15 am

^Hmm, hopefully they'll add a wooden coaster by RMC soon... ;)

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Ultimate » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:29 am

^^Maybe they're going to sell Kanonen after Helix opens - Helix beats it in every way...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!