TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

firechaser_logo.jpg.91630aac5e6456a3ad808e0fd8e2e974.jpg"Fire Chaser Express" Coming to Dollywood in 2014!

Official Website: http://fce.dollywood.com/index.php#.UhTfQlMsmUc

Ride Stats:

- Dual Launch Coaster

- Zero to 16MPH in 1.1 seconds

- Zero to 20MPH in 2 seconds

- 2,427 feet

- Two helices

- Six Zero Gravity Moments

- Trick Track Section

- Top Speed: 34.5 MPH

- 79 Feet

- Manufacturer: Gerstlauer

Full POV Video:

Forwards & Backwards launched roller coaster geared for children. Height restriction of 39"

"Dream More Resort" - 300 room world class resort built on 100 Acres at Dollywood.

- 300 rooms including a wide variety of room types designed with families in mind

- Adjacent to Dollywood’s Splash Country on Veterans Boulevard

Amenities:

- Full-Service Restaurant

- Spa/Salon

- Conference Center

- Indoor Pool

- Outdoor Pool

- Family Activities Center

- Storytelling Spots

- Fire Pits, Hammocks & Swings

- Park Transportation & Preferred Parking

- Exclusive Park Privileges

Press Release:

PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (Aug. 21, 2013)—In keeping with the Southern charm and hospitality that has welcomed millions to her award-winning Dollywood theme park since 1986, entertainment legend Dolly Parton plans to welcome guests to her new Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort scheduled to open in summer 2015 in the Great Smoky Mountains.

“This is the realization of a dream I’ve had for more than 30 years,” Parton said. “My DreamMore Resort conjures up thoughts of a simpler place and time when Mama and Daddy and all us kids spent hours on end just swapping stories and catching up. I want to offer families more than a place to stay; I want to invite them on the porch and in my front door where they can slow down, kick back and enjoy all that this beautiful area has to offer.”

“Dolly’s dreams have carried her around the world,” said The Dollywood Company President Craig Ross. “Now, families from all corners of the world can come and stay at her DreamMore Resort and experience the one-of-a-kind hospitality that has brought international acclaim to her Dollywood properties.”

Located just a stone’s throw from Dollywood, the 300-room Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort will be situated on 100 acres. Guests will enjoy views of the Great Smoky Mountains which have inspired Parton throughout her career and were immortalized in the song In My Tennessee Mountain Home which she wrote.

Featuring a variety of accommodations, the resort celebrates the iconic Southern gathering spot, beckoning to a time when families and friends sipped iced tea, enjoyed homemade ice cream and socialized. Centered on the rich traditions of storytelling, family and togetherness, the resort will feature many special touches including family sanctuaries like fire pits, swings and hammocks plus story spots scattered throughout the grounds.

Showcasing design features and décor elements that celebrate the area’s natural beauty, Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort includes an indoor and outdoor resort pool complex, a spa, and a full-service farmhouse-style restaurant. With an emphasis on encouraging family bonding time, the resort also features a family activities center where guests can secure reservations for a variety of adventures centered around wholesome fun, including hikes in neighboring Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort is the second capital investment in a 10-year plan that includes more $300 million in future developments for Parton’s Dollywood properties, located in Pigeon Forge, Tenn.

Scheduled to open summer of 2015, Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort is situated on 100 acres adjacent to Dollywood and just minutes from neighboring Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the most visited in the U.S. With pristine mountain views, the 300-room resort features a variety of accommodations and a special Dolly’s Suite Dreams celebrity suite. Evoking the iconic Southern gathering spot, Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort joins Dollywood Cabins as the company’s second venture in the lodging industry. Launched in 2010, Dollywood Cabins offers luxurious, amenity-rich cabins just two miles from Dollywood and Dollywood’s Splash Country.

image.thumb.jpg.dfb25f1924daed145ba1d14d1ba68d63.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.aeb5220c12d4279b1d578e245b7953c6.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.5ad2d54233e5824d9ec0f40dfaf4b849.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.1f3764d81533dc8e8e74898a8f9c1e11.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.75ad4b284a9678aa567acfd6d1e1d8a0.jpg

913161_10201883335707107_910695850_n.thumb.jpg.d69199389222c6f2fa40d6fa6fa6e902.jpg

Another promo image for Fire Chaser Express!

hotel1.jpg.6b7588faac90551eb700930640fb3247.jpg

1085371_10201883378788184_1180543740_n.jpg.c1f6ccb30a18f574ad4da175e7e53377.jpg

Edited by ernierocker

well one of the articles does mention it towers 12 stories over the area there. That gives it the possibility to have a decent family sized drop somewhere. 12 stories is 120 feet or so if not a little taller. I just hope they dont mean it is 12 stories up on the hillside haha

Example:

Busch Gardens Tampa claims Montu is 13 stories, so I am assuming 150 ft is 13 stories.

SO I believe you may be right about 120-130 ish.

well one of the articles does mention it towers 12 stories over the area there. That gives it the possibility to have a decent family sized drop somewhere. 12 stories is 120 feet or so if not a little taller. I just hope they dont mean it is 12 stories up on the hillside haha

Example:

Busch Gardens Tampa claims Montu is 13 stories, so I am assuming 150 ft is 13 stories.

SO I believe you may be right about 120-130 ish.

No, no. That is just the height the ride will be located above Wilderness Pass. The ride's top speed will be around 35 mph, no 100+ ft. Height on this one.

I honestly cannot believe how obnoxious some of the people are being in the Livesteam chat room. And it's some names I recognize. Some of them are no surprise to me. Disappointing.

I agree. Especially the way some guys are talking about Dolly whether they are joking or not, are showing some disrespect to Ms. Parton.

I should've turned it off too. Lots of racist comments, lots of bad language, and just straight disrespect. Sure we all have fun on here but they just cross the line way too far on the LiveStream.

At any rate, this was a pretty big announcement and the resort does look nice. Excited to see more info about the coaster as well.