TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

^ Thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten about that one ending, too.

There must be another day time harbour show they'll (eventually) come up with

to replace "Mythica".

I hope.

Legend of Mythica was in my opinion the greatest daytime show ever. The way it utilizes the rest of the harbor sets it apart from every other show on planet earth. A genius show for sure.

The show is expected to be replaced by another Steve Davison creation for TDS' 15th but thats not until 2 years after Legend of Mythica closes so speculation is that OLC will use seasonal shows in between.

The thing that killed any type of live water show at DCA was there was no backstage harbor to park/hide the show during the day. They had built that parade building back where the harbor would have needed to go, and they just re-launched The Electrical Parade which that building was to house.

I will be sad to see Mythica leave, it was such a great show!But I'm sure what ever replaces it will be great too!

^It is an impressive show. I was thinking how great it would have been if they put in something similar to it at DCA.

DisneySEA was designed to have boats on the lagoon that could have performers disembark at specific locations. Its just not possible at DCA.

Latest theory is that the reason Legend of Mythica is closing without a replacement is that the harbor to store all the floats may be removed/relocated to make room for a Soarin' type theater right behind the roman ruins.

Soarin has long been rumored to go to DisneySEA and is known to have been considered for this location. Considering OLC doesn't usually cheap out on shows/remove major ones, this seems highly probable.

Latest theory is that the reason Legend of Mythica is closing without a replacement is that the harbor to store all the floats may be removed/relocated to make room for a Soarin' type theater right behind the roman ruins.

Soarin has long been rumored to go to DisneySEA and is known to have been considered for this location. Considering OLC doesn't usually cheap out on shows/remove major ones, this seems highly probable.

But isn't that the same harbour where they store for fantasmic too? Which isn't being removed anytime soon

^Yes, its the same harbor. It also stores all the river boats and anything else water related. I really doubt they will be removing or relocating the harbor. But anything is possible in Tokyo Disney Resort! Who knows, if they want to put a ride there, maybe the will build the ride over that area (on stilts basically).

***EDIT***

The Sorin' building will fit there if they want it to with little to no impact on the backstage infrastructure. I don't agree with its location only because it cuts off the rest of the area behind it, but that's where it was mentioned. The scale should be correct according to Google.

TDS.thumb.jpg.a5ec775a1d40677add2411b142eb8f03.jpg

The Sorin' building will fit there if they want it to with little to no impact on the backstage infrastructure. I don't agree with its location only because it cuts off the rest of the area behind it, but that's where it was mentioned. The scale should be correct according to Google.

Your proportions are wayyyyyy off. You can just tell by comparing the building to the paths. The Soarin building is MUCH larger.

I don't think the entire harbor would be removed, but the entire side closest to the park is used for staging and would be out of use during that time period.

I know its not totally accurate, but I don't think its that from from being correct. Even with scale being off a bit, making the building larger wouldn't be difficult in that area. It would just push into the area on the right and they'd just re-route that road right there (There is a large park gate in that area). Or they could turn the building lengthwise. Either way, there is plenty of room back there for the harbor, backstage essentials, and the showbuilding. That's the only point I was making.

• 2 weeks later...

If they do a Soarin'-type attraction, I could imagine the fly-over of Mt. Fuji would be incredible, alone.

(And at the Tokyo Disney Resort, you can't go wrong with BAYSIDE STATION, the gateway to the Tokyo Disney Hilton Hotel, lol.)

Edited by Nrthwnd

Well, apparently Disney is in the process right now of making a new Sorin' film which will eventually replace all the current films. Its theme is said to be Sorin' over the world, so I would guess that every resort will have their area of the word represented and possibly each have their own unique ending (per resort).

I hope they keep Disneyland at Christmas as the ending no matter what, just to confuse everyone.

I think they should just randomly insert Halloween and Easter, too.