Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 161: DisneySEA expansion: Frozen, Tangled, Peter Pan
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:49 am

As well, none of us have ANY clue what the franchise does in merchandise outside the parks. For all we know it could be a bigger market then America.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby SilverBullet2004 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:02 pm

Hey guys,
Long time lurker,new poster ;)
Does anybody have a layout,blueprint, track layout of Pooh's Honey Hunt? :mickey:
Thanks in advance!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:55 am

Also, Disney has such an immense following in Japan that almost anything they release will be extremely popular.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:00 am

I remember seeing CARS toy merchandise in electronics (several levels) stores, in toy sections, as well as at the Toys 'R' Us beside Toshimaen Park, in their own section, along with all the power heroes and anime' etc figures. In both TPR Japan tours 2007, and 2011.

So I think that CARS has been there in Japan since the first movie came out.
At least by 2007.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:10 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby disturboed » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:55 am

Justice wrote:What makes the suspicious about Carsland in Tokyo is the total and complete absence of the Cars franchise in the park. There is no merchandise, there is no feature of Cars in any one of Tokyo Disney's abundance of shows, so on and so forth.

Not true.

I only just bought some Cars merchandise from Tokyo Disneyland on Wednesday 29 May. It was a Mater toy done up in flying garb (with wings and a cap etc - I assume from Cars 2 - i dunno i havent seen it). So they DO have Cars merchandise there, not a great deal of it, but it is there.

It is true though that there is no mention of it in either parade.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:28 am

Justice wrote:
jedimaster1227 wrote:^While I get the notion of not having a "Japan within Japan," I think it is to your very point that the Cars Land rumors might make sense. Like you said, the parks (especially Tokyo DisneySea) are about the total escape experience, and having visited Tokyo and visited Cars Land, there is very little difference between the level of "environmental escapism" you can experience while enveloped in Radiator Springs versus standing in the shadow of Mount Prometheus. I easily prefer Tokyo's unique environs to Cars Land, but that didn't stop me from loving DCA's newest land throughout. From the entrance to the huge Cadillac Range, the land is overwhelmingly themed to the point where you seriously can't see (or at least care to see) any of the other realms of the park or doubt that you're not standing in the living world of Cars.

I walked through Cars Land for about a week, and never once was there a moment where I thought this couldn't fit beautifully into the Tokyo Disney Resort (if given the right place in the parks).

What makes the suspicious about Carsland in Tokyo is the total and complete absence of the Cars franchise in the park. There is no merchandise, there is no feature of Cars in any one of Tokyo Disney's abundance of shows, so on and so forth. The only and literally only mention of Cars in Tokyo Disney Resort that I'm aware of was the easter eggs of Mater and Lightning.

Monsters Inc, Bugs Life, Toy Story, Incredibles, and even Tangled have all had much greater presence in the parks in recent years through characters and shows. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a large franchise based addition to Tokyo Disney in the near future but I just don't think Cars has the popularity to do so.
P1070135.jpg
This guy was sitting out autopia last time I visited.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:22 am

SilverBullet2004 wrote:Hey guys,
Long time lurker,new poster ;)
Does anybody have a layout,blueprint, track layout of Pooh's Honey Hunt? :mickey:
Thanks in advance!

I have never seen ANYTHING released from the Tokyo Disney Resort.

EDIT:

I did find this, however, I have no idea if it is accurate and I cant make it any bigger :(

Link
3648136425_c3247e9b36_o.jpg

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:56 am

http://www.olc.co.jp/wpmu/wp-content/blogs.dir/8/files/2013/06/20130619_e.pdf

Oriental Land Co., Ltd. announced that new entertainment will be introduced at Tokyo Disneyland® Park and Tokyo DisneySea® Park. “Once Upon a Time,” an entertainment program richly using projection mapping* technology, will premiere at Tokyo Disneyland in 2014. And at Tokyo DisneySea, a new musical production themed to Disney’s The Little Mermaid will open in 2015 at Mermaid Lagoon Theater.

At Tokyo Disneyland
“Once Upon a Time”

A fantastic and heartwarming nighttime entertainment, “Once Upon a Time” richly uses projection mapping technology. Projection mapping makes it possible to project images in a way that fits the contours of buildings and other structures to produce a three-dimensional effect. This is the first time for this technology to be used in an entertainment program at Tokyo Disney Resort®.

Many of the inspiring stories from the Disney films, including Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, and Alice in Wonderland will be vividly projected in 3D on the exterior of Cinderella Castle, the symbol of Tokyo Disneyland. This show will also include popular musical pieces from these films and special effects, such as on-stage pyrotechnics.

Show Facts
  • Duration: About 15 minutes
  • Venue: Cinderella Castle
  • Opening Date: Spring or Summer 2014 (tentative)
  • Investment Amount: About 2 billion yen (tentative)

At Tokyo DisneySea
New production at Mermaid Lagoon Theater

The attraction, Mermaid Lagoon Theater, will be revamped, and a new musical production themed to Disney’s The Little Mermaid will be presented.

Mermaid Lagoon Theater will be renovated with upgraded stage and lighting technology, as well as new display screens to be installed at the rear of the audience seating area. As King Triton hosts a musical concert, familiar Disney characters, such as Ariel, Flounder, and Sebastian, will present a mesmerizing world under the sea, just as in the movie, with lively music, songs and dynamic performances.

Show Facts
  • Duration: About 15 minutes
  • Opening Date: Spring 2015 (tentative)
  • Investment Amount: Undecided

Please note that the musical production “Under the Sea,” currently presented at Mermaid Lagoon Theater, will close permanently on April 6, 2014. Mermaid Lagoon Theater will be closed from April 7, 2014 to spring of 2015 (tentative).

Note: “The Legend of Mythica”, the daytime harbor show which opened in July 2006, will close on September 7, 2014.

Mermaid Theater.jpg

So Tokyo Disneyland will be getting a nighttime fireworks spectacular in the vein of Disneyland Paris' Disney Dreams, Tokyo DisneySea will replace its "Under the Sea" show in Mermaid Lagoon with a new production and The Legend of Mythica will be retired in late 2014. That's a lot to take in but it should lead to some great new things for the resort!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:04 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:51 pm

Woo hoo!

More new stuff to come back to!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:06 pm

Man....Japan always outdoes everybody. Haha
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!