Hades 360 Photo Trip Report

Revived Hawtness on a Cold Memorial Day!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Hades 360 Photo Trip Report

Postby uwgbdork » Mon May 27, 2013 7:03 pm

With the holiday weekend approaching, my wife and I were planning to take a trip down to Great America in Gurnee but with Friday's announcement that Hades 360 was up and running our plans were easily changed! So we packed up the cooler and headed the 2 and a half hours down to the Dells. It had been a few years since I had been down to the park and the other times I had been to the city we opted to go to Noah's Ark or some of the other water resorts so Mt. Olympus had been kind of an elusive park well within my reach.

I walked off of Hades 360 incredibly impressed! There were just so many good things about the ride. Unfortunately I was not able to compare to it's original form, but the new track work and new trains are just awesome. My job now is to mull it over and i still have not been able to make the call of which I liked better between Hades 360 and Outlaw Run which we were able to hit up on our anniversary vacation earlier this month. So far it is Memorial Day 2013 and already has been an AWESOME coaster season!

I will definatly say this for those that have never visited Mt. Olympus before, it is not your corporate park. We got in line right at park open to see the first (and pretty sure only) test of the ride with a full train of ride ops. It seemed like they recruited every worker in a 500 yard radius to jump on and give er a whirl before letting the public on. We get into the station to see some building supplies still laying around the station. My wife put it best. "other parks use water dummies....they use people here! They would only send a train today with EVERY seat filled. In fact before our first ride of the day we needed to wait till one of the many teenagers waiting for the second ride of the day would jump in the 1 empty seat.

The ride itself is pretty rough in parts yet especially in the first drop but the new Timberliner's just haul A$$ thru the course and were very comfortable! You could still feel a lot of chattering in some of the old track sections but all the padding in the seats are pretty good at absorbing the bumps. The Loop is really cool visually and if you have your hands up you can't help but wonder if there is enough clearance. Gonna have a hard time putting my Mitch Hawker wood poll together this year. Yay for 2 looping woodies! (note.... My wife is firmly on Hades 360 winning over Outlaw Run)
DSC00240.JPG
Just arrived at the Park on a wonderful 55 degree morning...... Yeah it never warmed up
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00241.JPG
The new turnaround (aka NEW HAWTNESS)
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00244.JPG
As you can see the announcement that it was open gave the impression it was rushed open for this weekend, but you won't see me complaining!
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00246.JPG
Looks like a winner! Note....no empty seats. yes this was by direct order from management and it was not because of crowds..... There was no crowd.
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00247.JPG
My lovely wife is slowly converted into a coaster nut!! When we met she never had been on one.... Now she loves em!
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00248.JPG
Doing my public service as seat filler! Glad to be of service. I can only wish others would do the same. It takes sacrifice!
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00250.JPG
Motion Shot! as you can see it was hauling A$$ past the station!
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00253.JPG
New wood! "we'll worry about cleaning up later, lets get this B open!"
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00255.JPG
Obligatory "stand in front of the entrance shot" Yes the Outlaw run sweatshirt was planned!
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00257.JPG
Want your own? all parts available at your Local Home Depot,
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00259.JPG
not gonna lie, forgot just HOW CLOSE the paths are to the rides.... shouldn't there be a fence or something?
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00261.JPG
Love the new Timberliners! Ride in style, is more of a modern look compared to the Millennium Flyers but are stylish for sure!
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00264.JPG
Does it qualify as a parking lot coaster if it goes under it?
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00265.JPG
360 DEGREE'S
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00267.JPG
NERD SHOT of the new track leading into the loop!
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00273.JPG
just soooo fun, thought the arms were gonna hit but didn't keep me from keeping em up!
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00274.JPG
The color of the trains just POP
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00275.JPG
Gotta give some love to the overbank too, didn't wait for the train, my wife was waiting in the car and didn't want to wait for another cycle.
Viewed 1700 times
DSC00252.JPG
Thanks For Reading!! Now I have some thinking to do... good thing the Mitch Hawker Pole is not till winter!!!!
Viewed 1700 times

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Hades 360 Photo Trip Report

Postby cfc » Mon May 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Thanks for all the pictures of Hades 360 in operation. I hope Mt. Olympus keeps this ride running well.
Last edited by cfc on Mon May 27, 2013 7:12 pm.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Mon May 27, 2013 7:28 pm

Awesome report. I too hope that Mount Olympus tries to keep the ride running in the best shape possible.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby EricGarbo » Mon May 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Wasn't the line about the water dummies mine? ;)

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby uwgbdork » Mon May 27, 2013 7:38 pm

Haha it might have been!! Was a good time either way! Won't Claim I was the only TPR lurking around the new Hawtness!

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Mon May 27, 2013 8:10 pm

Thanks for the report! It's interesting to me that you say it's still pretty rough, yet it's still just as good or possibly better than Outlaw Run. I guess the reviews are making me very intrigued to ride, since it's not often that you hear people say a ride is rough yet really good at the same time.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Mrlittle » Mon May 27, 2013 9:08 pm

I love that they still have all the tools and stuff out around the ride. I'm surprised they did not change the sign. So after hearing a few reviews, it sounds like you just have to know when to brace yourself for the rough spots.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby johnychen » Mon May 27, 2013 9:56 pm

Great report, I may have to skip Indiana Beach on my trip to coastermania and ride this instead.
I am riding my bicycle from Houston to Austin to help raise money to fight MS. Please support my ride:
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/johnychen2014

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Commando » Mon May 27, 2013 10:09 pm

cfc wrote: I hope Mt. Olympus keeps this ride running well.

That's extremely, if not overly optimistic

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Tue May 28, 2013 11:12 am

Thanks for the great report. Based on the POV still looks a little rough......
Did you yell "90 Degrees!!" inside the tunnel? ;)
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!