Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

P. 107 - Manticore (140 foot Star Flyer) announced for 2015
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Mt Olympus announces: HADES 360

Postby GayCoasterGuy » Sun May 26, 2013 1:31 pm

The new metal running rails are much wider... hence them looking like topper track.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby EricGarbo » Sun May 26, 2013 2:59 pm

I'm in the Chicago area and will be riding Hades 360 tomorrow. I'll be sure to fill you all in on my thoughts about the smoothness of the new track versus the old track (Wait, it's all new track. How about the traditional track versus the new style track? ;) ). I'll also observe how fast the ride operators are moving people through, especially since there's only one train.

It really makes me sad that so much emphasis was put on bringing Hades up to speed but Cyclops is continually pushed to the wayside. If anything needs some serious TLC it's Cyclops. Zeus has been getting to that point, too.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Lightning9SX » Sun May 26, 2013 4:33 pm

The ride is a lot of fun. I loved the going hands up through the corkscrew.

Here is a picture of the wider steel track used for the corkscrew section plus a couple other random pictures I took.

YouTube Videolink
IMG_20130526_122308.jpg
Viewed 839 times
IMG_20130526_122026.jpg
Upside down
Viewed 839 times
IMG_20130526_111822.jpg
Yup, still aggressive.
Viewed 839 times
IMG_20130526_122423.jpg
Standing under it.
Viewed 839 times
IMG_20130526_111433.jpg
Timberliners
Viewed 839 times

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun May 26, 2013 4:35 pm

Is there ever a day in which Hades is not "aggressive"? Do they have a sign that says, "Hades is feeling rather mellow today"?
Last edited by cfc on Sun May 26, 2013 4:36 pm.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Lightning9SX » Sun May 26, 2013 5:59 pm

EricGarbo wrote: I'll also observe how fast the ride operators are moving people through, especially since there's only one train.

Very slow today. Please note that the GG guys were around checking things as well as the ride-ops. One of my rides they had everyone in and the person behind me complained that he stapled himself. They released everyone and started over. They were also committed to a full train today which is good and bad. They spent way too much time looking for singles, pairing up singles after seated, then trying to fill the empty seat with a pair that wasn't riding with another pair. My last ride today, I was only a third of the way up the steps, when they called down for a single, I took it and ran up the steps to a second to last car seat, that worked out good for me.

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Sun May 26, 2013 6:12 pm

^ They've been committed to a full train for a few years now. No idea why, and it's only on Hades, but they won't run it even if one seat is empty. As you said, it's both good and bad.

Anything else change with the conversion like a bigger queue, new sign, etc? Any re-tracking on the other woodies?

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Mrlittle » Sun May 26, 2013 6:41 pm

For anyone who has been able to ride, I have a question for you. When your riding and it transitions over to the new track, do you feel any jolts or rough parts?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby GayCoasterGuy » Sun May 26, 2013 8:02 pm

^^Great pictures! The ride is still rough, except for the cork. Went back after a long nap and caught a second wind. Then the ride kept getting better! Stayed til close ending with a front seat ride. It got so good, I think ill go back tomorrow instead of heading back to Chicago in the morn. Timberliners are interesting; the lap bar is more comfy than either PTC ratchets or GCI t-bars. I can only imagine how great they would be on a new ride. Or one that has had major track work.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sun May 26, 2013 8:19 pm

So does Hades 360 count as a new credit? Lol. Looks okay though. Does it really improve the ride at all though?
I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend. - The Fault in Our Stars
Click here for my trip reports!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Woodie Warrior wrote:So does Hades 360 count as a new credit? Lol.

It's a hard call. While its a significant change, not enough of the track has changed for me personally to consider it a new credit. Did people consider Chiller a new credit after they removed an inversion? How many feet of track was actually changed? If its less than 1/4 I'm not sure I could count that.

But then again, there are no rules for counting coasters and I've seen people count cycle monorails that coast for 5 seconds, so knock yourself out! ;)
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun May 26, 2013 8:32 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!