Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

P. 80 - Man falls from Opa Roller Coaster
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I eat bugs.

Re: Mt Olympus announces: HADES 360

Postby deathbydinn » Sat May 25, 2013 8:24 pm

^ I've never found the part before the lift rough, even with the PTCs. It's actually a surprisingly fun part of the ride with a few pops of air.

A.J. wrote:Does it actually go slower through the sections of track after the return trip through the tunnel?

Comparing this pov to TPR's old one which I believe is from 2005, from the top of the hill to the brake run did seem to take a few seconds longer than before. But that was always a particularly rough and uneventful area of the ride so I don't really think it'll lose anything by going a bit slower through it. I kinda wish they could've thrown in the new over bank over there instead, but this revamp still looks great and should be great for the park.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sat May 25, 2013 10:27 pm

^Also remember that in the TPR video, the entire ride (I believe) was brand new, and rough sections of track slow the ride down. Not to mention these trains also need to get broken in. I'm betting that in a few weeks, the ride will be running much faster than you see in that POV.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby TyRush » Sun May 26, 2013 4:48 am

Wow thats shockingly looking great!
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Aceattack52 » Sun May 26, 2013 10:21 am

Jakizle wrote:
A.J. wrote:They've only had trains for a week and they're already going to let people on it? Is that safe?

White Lightning made it's first test run essentially a week before it opened to the public. It just depends on how much testing they are able to get done in that time frame, if the state approves it, etc.

Ha! A week would be impossible for something like an Intamin rocket. It took something like a month to test Kingda Ka. I have to hand it to them, though. Working out the problems in the hydraulics and everything must have been a huge headache.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby chaos » Sun May 26, 2013 10:44 am

The new POV makes the ride look really good. I'm still a little scared, though. Before the renovation, the last half of that ride was probably the roughest experience I've had in my life.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby GayCoasterGuy » Sun May 26, 2013 11:04 am

The ride is a lot of fun! Corkscrew is my favorite part just because its so different, and smooth :) There is a seatbelt connecting each end of both lapbars. Some GG guys are here double checking everyhing. I'll be back later for more rides.
2013-05-26 11.53.38.jpg
Viewed 530 times

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 26, 2013 11:07 am

^ Great to hear! How long was the line, etc?

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby GayCoasterGuy » Sun May 26, 2013 11:46 am

Only seen about 3 trainloads waiting - about 20 mins - but there are multiple noodle checks before dispatches. When I left around noon, plenty of folks were still coming in the park. Had to go eat, naptime now. Cyclops is still my fav here, but sadly, a few seats have burned out solenoids (maintenance was working on it when I left), and in the 2nd to backseat, the lapbar has been removed. Update: later in the day, other than 2nd to back, all other seats were open. Including the coveted very back :)
Last edited by GayCoasterGuy on Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 am.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 26, 2013 12:06 pm

It's interesting to see from the video where the track changes style from your traditional woodie track to something that looks more like "topper track" for the inversion and the overbank...
1.jpg
Viewed 475 times
2.jpg
Viewed 475 times
3.jpg
Viewed 475 times
TGG_looping_track differences.jpg
Viewed 475 times

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Sun May 26, 2013 12:19 pm

Interesting. In theory shouldn't the bit of new track make the trains go a tiny bit faster as it probably creates less drag than the old one? Because, from the pov it looks like it is goes as fast as it did before (although that might be the result of an empty train).
I think the Mr Freeze rides should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch ;)

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!