TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

Wow. Just got the official word, noon today it is. Trains just delivered this week...oh my.

Finally, it's here! HADES 360, the world's first upside-down, underground, wooden rollercoaster! We're unleashing the unique technological marvel that is Hades 360 Today at HIGH NOON!

Integrating the underground uniqueness of our Hades rollercoaster with a 360-degree upside-down loop, along with a 110-degree over-banked turn, Hades 360's state-of-the-art rollercoaster will give you the feeling of riding on a steel coaster through Hades!

The Hades 360 transformation is guaranteed to exceed far beyond the expectations of any mere mortal.

Be the first to ride Hades 360 - OPENS TODAY at HIGH NOON!

That seems extremely quick session for testing the ride. Can't wait to see a TPR POV of this ride.

Holy crap that looks awesome. I haven't heard many good things about Hades but it looks like they have really turned this ride around; hopefully the Timberliners and the retracking proves right!

Now if only the Voyage can follow suit..

Surprised there's still a decent amount of the track during the course that was left alone. I guess TGG felt like it was still in good enough shape for the Timberliners.

When I interviewed Nick back in March, he said that about 80 percent of the ride was getting re-tracked. Some of the non re-tracked sections still appear a little rough to me, but that might just be me. Guess I'll find out Thursday!

Yes, I think that they are. Does it actually go slower through the sections of track after the return trip through the tunnel?

Surprised there's still a decent amount of the track during the course that was left alone. I guess TGG felt like it was still in good enough shape for the Timberliners.

When I interviewed Nick back in March, he said that about 80 percent of the ride was getting re-tracked. Some of the non re-tracked sections still appear a little rough to me, but that might just be me. Guess I'll find out Thursday!

I agree! Looks like everything before the lift hill is super rough. But once you go down the drop the rest is super smooth! The train looked like it was about to stop on the hill coming back out of the tunnel. Still looks like a great ride though!!!

^ I've never found the part before the lift rough, even with the PTCs. It's actually a surprisingly fun part of the ride with a few pops of air.

Does it actually go slower through the sections of track after the return trip through the tunnel?

Comparing this pov to TPR's old one which I believe is from 2005, from the top of the hill to the brake run did seem to take a few seconds longer than before. But that was always a particularly rough and uneventful area of the ride so I don't really think it'll lose anything by going a bit slower through it. I kinda wish they could've thrown in the new over bank over there instead, but this revamp still looks great and should be great for the park.