TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What have you done for charity lately??

Anyone else "given" lately?

Doesnt take much and helps a lot of people if done right!!

As part of work related community projects, in the last 9 months alone i have:

- Climbed the tallest mountain in the country (£350 raised)

- Waxed my VERY hairy legs (£35 raised).

- Volunteered at the local dogs trust, walking the dogs who still looks for homes.

- Taken part in a Dragon Boat Race (finished 8th out of 20, our other boat finished 1st - £45 raised).

Let me know what you have done for the community around you??

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raised about $300 for Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, NY. As part of the fundraiser participants cycle in "The Ride For Roswell." I ride my bike a quick 33 miles because that afternoon I volunteered selling raffle tickets for Catholic Charities at a local fair. That fills my charity quota for the year I guess...

I would recommend anybody in the WNY area to participate in the Ride for Roswell next year if possible. They have several different ride lengths ranging from 5-100 miles. Afterwords they give out free Subway and have live music. Roswell park is a great place. My grandmother was treated there. Although they couldn't save her, they made her feel in control of her cancer for the her last 8 months.

I work for a non-profit organization. Just tonight we had a fundraising event... an '80s themed scavenger hunt and pub crawl. This was the 2nd year we've held the event. It was a lot of fun. We had a good turnout, despite the monsoon that hit not too long after the teams took off for the scavenger hunt. Plus we all got to dress up in '80s costumes, which is always a blast. I'm already looking forward to next year's event!

• 7 months later...

I would like to know how to congratulate (by e-mail) a person who is pregnant. She is not a relative, nor a friend, we have an "informal" relationship (but not too much!).

What else can I say, apart from "Congratulations"?

Thank you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Style Wedding Dresses

Column Wedding Dresses

Wedding Dresses with Sleeves

New Style Flower Girl Dresses

I'm part of the Air Training Corps as a cadet and we collect throughout the year for the Wings Appeal and the RAF Association. Every year we collect something along the lines of £3000. Not bad . Last year we also donated £200 to Children In Need.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just finished raising $8,500 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. In a couple of weeks I will ride my bike 100 miles around Lake Tahoe in honor of my wife who was diagnosed with Lymphoma 7 months ago.

• 4 weeks later...

I do a bit of volunteer work - some with Civil Air Patrol, a non-profit that partners with the Air Force to teach teenagers about leadership, as well as search and rescue - I've flown one of their planes a few times. I also started donating blood on a regular basis

I am an avid listener of a radio station here in Cincinnati called Remind 94.9.

Last week we were in the car on the way to downtown Cincinnati (Dennis was driving), and they had one of those "be caller 9 and you win something" thing.

The Reds were playing in Chicago, so the question was, "In the movie Chicago, which actress played 'Roxy Hart'?"

Well, I called and was surprised the phone actually rang. I thought there is no way I was going to win.

They answered, and asked the question, and I responded Renee Zellweger. (I was actually caller 10, but caller 9 answered "Queen Latifah."

I WON 4 tickets to the Reds home game for Father's Day.

Well, I am not a fan of the Reds, but I accepted the tickets.

The next day I contacted Cincinnati Children's Hospital, and donated the 4 tickets for them to give to a family of 4 staying at the hospital.

• 2 weeks later...

Made 55 gallons of lemonade for a fund raiser yesterday at the Staten Island Yankee game. We were raising money for a Knights of Columbus meeting hall that sustained $175,000 worth of damage during Hurricane Sandy. We raised almost $5,000.