TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

The ride just kept getting faster and faster all day. Feel bad for those who ducked out early because they missed some seriously amazing rides around 3pm when the sun finally came out, the ride warmed up a bit more and it was really moving! It most certainly picked up speed the later part of the day! WOW!!!

Here's the video again from the morning:

And more photos from the afternoon:

1.thumb.JPG.21a857fadce5efbfe872457ed1955221.JPG

2.thumb.jpg.300540dbdc6a9bdcde16a498179488f5.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.087abb13262b47f65bc266fd41eaa103.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.db80f69f9c25aec345bcf8a9565a72e0.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.5f0dba139c5993357b9da90e68df5a01.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.00c1b2f46f0f41f8224d781dab2df8ec.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.9ff45f26f5e2767cb17f9c4cb920cc9d.jpg

I already had 14 rides on Iron Rattler at the start of the day and I think I stop counting after my 18, as I feel the coaster is way too epic rather than counting how many rides you got! Stayed at the park from 5am-5:15pm. Thanks Fiesta Texas for an awesome day of riding this epic coaster! But that drop is different every time IMO and the back seat is the best seat on the train!

^^

WOW!! That's awesome. Watching and rewatching Robb's video, it definitely looks like the back seat is the place to be. The airtime looks pretty nice. It's great seeing all the positive feedback about this coaster. Although a bit shorter, it definitely makes up for what it used to be.

For those who have ridden it....better then Giant? lol

This.

My favorite quote from Robb today at the end of the first POV was "Wow, that was a quick action packed coaster. I definitely want to say that my butt spent more time up in the air than it did in the seat, and that's a good thing."

Both the front and back seat POV give a good indication this thing is airtime packed!

Man what an amazing ride. The fact that 9 months ago if some on told me they rode rattler 10+ times in the same day I'd either call them a liar or they're a masochist. I lost count somewhere in the 20s when we no longer even had to get off of the train. Every seat on this ride is a different experience it is that amazing. I prefer the left side over the right especially in the barrel roll because you almost feel like you will get tossed out. Whereas the right side you just glide right through it which is also awesome. I just can't say enough about this ride from the drop to the overbanks, barrel roll, dive off the quarry and into the tunnel fantastic. Can't wait to hear about RMC's next project or 2 or 3...

For those asking about NTAG comparisons, NTAG has more pops of air, but I think iRats pops really keep you out of the seat longer than the giants. They are both must rides but since iRat is 5 hours closer to me than the giant and it has that barrel roll and quarry setting my RMC ranking is iRat at 1a and the giant at 1b Outlaw Run is pending(hopefully not for much longer though)

It looks to me like Texas has two great RMC rides to brag about. Coasters like New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler, and Outlaw Run (in Missouri) definitely give the industry a whole new target to shoot for.

Today was a blast! The Iron Rattler is so intense. I was blaming out then next thing I know I'm upside down... Incredible. Doesn't even compare to NTAG. Iron Rattler is #1!

...and Jeffrey Siebert's voice sounds 10X cooler in person. 'Nuff said. Huge thanks to Jaime and the crew that operated the rides! Today truly was an incredible experience.