TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

That's pretty funny, but terribly misleading. I'd expect a lot of dislikes on your video unless you change the title to say "fake" or something.

As for the ride itself - it looks like they've added a pilot car. I wonder if they'll decorate it like Busch Gardens did with Alpengeist's?

I don't believe they have. I think there is just one less row of seats in order for the station to work out. The pilot car is simply where the last row of seats would be attached too.

It's so weird seeing all the people facing backwards while going up the lift hill. I'm curious to know what riders think about the experience, too.

It must be intense at the bottom of the loop since wouldn't there be -Gs since the rider is facing towards the ground.

Centrifugal force (or centripetal force, depending on your choice of faith) is always pointed outwards. If you go backwards or forwards, the G's will always be pushing you in your seat.

It's so weird seeing all the people facing backwards while going up the lift hill. I'm curious to know what riders think about the experience, too.

With most elements, I can't tell the difference at a glance, but the lift hill pics just look so wrong. (As in "right.")

Not counting on being able to ride one of these, but quietly hoping for it. Now, bring on those reviews!

I rode it today as well. To me, it's very bizarre, very very intense (fire dragon level) and surprisingly comfortable. I rode in row two. Will have to come back when it's less crowded to hit row 7.

Don't believe whatever Cameron is writing while he sits next to me. A backwards roller coaster to an Australian is probably completely normal.

Rode it earlier today, in row 1 (first row out of the station), and loved it! It was smooth, fast and very forceful. Didn't notice any head banging at all. It is intense, though .. I was shaking a bit after the ride (in a good way), and I definitely could not marathon on it; but I'm thrilled that Six Flags has done this - I love interesting creative stuff like this

Only one train, and I couldn't really see any evidence of a second train, but the crew was awesome - they were really moving.

Listening to comments from other riders, it seems like this is a winner.

Cameron.

PS: Matt, you could really use a shower.

They should rename is Namtab. I can't imagine how intense this will be backwards, it's already pretty intense. Guess I'll have to make the trek. Sorry if it's been posted, do we know when this will end?

I've been calling it Namtab for weeks.

Can't wait till tomorrow!

Watch out, you might find a hidden message in there!

Anyways, namtaB seems like it would be a pretty awesome experience backwards. Maybe it will make it's way down to Texas one of these days. I'm not a huge fan of this trend of backwards coasters because I still like and prefer the forward coaster experience, but this seems like it would be cool. Very interesting idea. Definitely doesn't look like it's for the faint of heart. Some of those pictures look so unreal!

They should rename is Namtab. I can't imagine how intense this will be backwards, it's already pretty intense. Guess I'll have to make the trek. Sorry if it's been posted, do we know when this will end?

No closing day has been posted, but we do know it will run backwards until at least July 6th.