TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ I went last summer on a Thursday, and most of the rides had less than 30 min waiting times - MF, TTD, and Maverick had longer lines, at least 45 min to 1 hour waits - but died down as night went on. CP was going to close in about an hour and a half, and Maverick still had more than an hour wait.

Needless to say, I was partially glad I didn't get to ride it; the 95 degree drop scared me, but I'd rather ride that one than the MF!

Maverick has more intense forces throughout the ride, including sharp turns, but it is much smaller. MF is huge, with a freaky first drop, but after the first drop and turn (which has somewhat g-force to the extent that I've gone into tunnel-vision or partial greyout or whatever, despite the feeling of less force), the ride is just fast - the airtime hills are fun, but the wide turns just give the feeling of speed. Many people call it "Millenium Forceless."

Kind of branching off from the current topics so bear with me.

I'll be at CP June 15th and 16th. We're going to stay at the breakers for the first time, kind of excited about that . I'm looking for some opinions on how to do the tickets though. It wouldn't be an issue if I wasn't also planning on making a trip over to Michigan's Adventure a few days before, would i be better off to buy a platinum pass at MI Adv and be set for both parks or buy tickets for each day? I'm trying to talk myself into a pass so I have an excuse to finally make if over to Knott's this year haha, but the funds truly aren't what I should be spending because well, I don't have them.

Thanks in advance

Oh, and I cannot wait to ride Gatekeeper!!!!!

I have done quit a bit of research on staying and playing at CP. It turns out that the Platinum pass is more expensive than a Gold Pass at Valleyfair (my closeest park), Kings Island day pass and a Breakers/Park 2 day park pass at CP. I really considered getting the Platinum passes because of Valleyfair and that we are hitting KI and CP next month, but the Plat pass was still more expensive than the 3 put together.

^Funny, I've done the same thing the last few years. With VF as my home park it's not financially sound to buy a Platinum Pass unless you are making at least 3 visits to other parks. And even then, I've opted not to get the PP just in case something comes up and I'm not able to visit another park.

Better to spend $190 on a VF Gold Pass, 3 days of tickets, and parking, then $180 on the Platinum Pass.

Just went and got my first ever season pass processed. They're doing the processing out of Castaway Bay, it took exactly 1 minute and it was nice to see them already working on them before 3pm (I arrived 15 mins early). Whoot!! Regular season pass center opens on May 1st I think. Also, Gatekeeper looks amazing!! I cannot bleeping wait...

Edited by firewalk13

Got our passes today over at Castaway. They had a stack of maps on a table in there so I grabbed a couple. Most people know that CP has switched to Coke products this year. What I didn't know is there is a "Coka-Cola Freestyle Cafe" across from GateKeeper serving "more than 100 flavors." If this is old news I'm sorry Pics of changes below.

image.thumb.jpg.c83cca02f7a8249263fdb70d7a4ec058.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.9941a2e20cb17290ff0e77772bcb0b2b.jpg

Anything interesting on the park guide/map? Or just the same thing? Does it say anything interesting or 'new' about the Gatekeeper?

I'm planning to go to CP on June 11, a month after opening. Do you think crowds will be lessened a little by then? My mother doesn't want to go later in the summer due to hot weather, and we can't go September/October due to school (as we'd only go mid-week). We are going on a Tuesday; that should mean less people, since those taking longer weekends at CP might be gone.

Check out this a dump truck backing into Blue Streak.

www.sanduskyregister.com/article/cedar-point/3646071

Black and blue Streak -Dump truck backs into Blue Streak at Cedar Point

Melissa Topey: Sandusky Register Apr 26, 2013

The Blue Streak roller coaster is more accustomed to delivering jolting rides to Cedar Point guests.

Friday morning, the iconic ride found itself on the receiving end when a dump truck backed into it.

No worries, park officials said — the ride should still be ready for opening day.

Edited by larrygator

^Check out the comment below the article:

This is probably the last year. Rumor has it, its going to replaced with a chucky cheese resturant. We will see. Going to miss it.

This is the new America folks...sad, but true.

PS: YAY for Coke Freestyle Machines...I've been dying to try one of these! Do they have a Jack Daniels flavor?

^^ Saw that on Twitter this morning. PointBuzz tweeted it and good thing there wasn't any critical damage, and after Rading the comments on the article, I just don't think I wanna live on this planet anymore.

Edited by _IntaMAN_

^Check out the comment below the article:

This is probably the last year. Rumor has it, its going to replaced with a chucky cheese resturant. We will see. Going to miss it.

This is the new America folks...sad, but true.

PS: YAY for Coke Freestyle Machines...I've been dying to try one of these! Do they have a Jack Daniels flavor?

I can't believe that is true about Blue Streak! It's my favorite ride at the Point... It has great airtime, short lines and comfortable seats.

Turning Blue Streak into a Chuck E. Cheese has about as much chance as a bible thumper buying Hard Rock/Freestyle park.

Cedar Point should have turned Wildcat into a Chuck E. Cheese, instead of just empty space!

That "empty space" now will accommodate crowds at Luminocity better. I'm happy with what they did. Wildcat will have a replacement eventually.