TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm starting to worry about being let down by this game, only because the teasers are ramping my expectations waaaay up. If it actually looks that good in action...wow. Just wow. I wonder if we'll be able to customize the lighting on our own flat rides to look that good?

Looks like this game might be giving even my PC a pretty good workout.

• 4 weeks later...

My name is Boomer, I am on the TPS development team.

At Theme Park Studio we love teasers, so we're going to give you a couple good ones right now! Although you have a clue you can see ^ I have two you can't see. Waiting right in front of you under wraps sets a HUGE TPS announcement. It's about more then just a new in-game ride video, it's MUCH more. In the next few days and possibly as soon as tomorrow (Friday, April 12), we are going to "pull off" the veil to reveal this big announcement for all "the World" to see.

You can see this reveal at the TPS website, in the social media and thousands of other places scattered across Europe, South America and the U.S.A.

Our first clue for you right now is to keep looking up as this big announcement is... ready to launch!

Our second clue is: It has nothing to do with motorcycles but you may need a little kick start to open the gates of your imagination.

Good luck and... welcome to the future.

About every day at this time I do a quick glance at Kickstarter's newly launched page because I find it really interesting to see what new ideas people are having and trying to startup.

Today I noticed that Theme Park Studio put up a page

Count me in!

This page with the pledge levels reveals things that have been previously asked. There will be peeps in the game( by pledging a certain amount you can get your face there), different game packages( silver, gold, platinum), the designers will also consult with you for a large amount of cash( I think it's $1000+). I did find that the target ship date isn't until September...

screen4c3.thumb.jpg.80eee44a2effc906f2650721a34781a0.jpgBACK THEME PARK STUDIO ON KICKSTARTER!

Fans and friends! We have listened to your feedback, implemented your requests, and spent countless amount of hours as well as a small fortune developing Theme Park Studio to be the game that players will love for many years to come!

But with that development comes the real world need for funding and support from our fans. We have chosen to Kickstart Theme Park Studio, with many incentives for different tiers of funding, and to help us ensure the game ships on time. Theme Park Studio is being offered at a discount, and we have made beta test access available, but this is a Kickstarter exclusive offer. These will sell out fast, so hurry and pledge!

We all want a successful and most importantly AWESOME Theme Park Studio, and we could really use your support! So please, visit our Kickstarter page and back us!

I'm defenitely going to kickstart this! I will probably get the $100 tier. I can't believe someone has already pledged $2000 to the project! Can't wait to see more awesome updates from the TPS team

I haven't really been following that closely to this project, but just to be clear: with the way the game is set up, you have to pay more to add more rides to your park? That seems pretty crazy to me.

Any idea of what the retail value of the "platinum" version is going to be?

Also: the game doesn't include money management? That is a bummer

Not so much pay more to add more rides to the park, but there are apparently more expensive versions that come with more types of rides out of the box. It's sort of a strange way to set the game up but probably not that big an issue since even the number of rides in the platinum version will very quickly be dwarfed by the number of rides the community will be able to create with the editors, I expect.

I haven't really been following that closely to this project, but just to be clear: with the way the game is set up, you have to pay more to add more rides to your park? That seems pretty crazy to me.

No, that's not it at all. For the Kickstarter, Steve created three different versions of the game, to be a bit more palatable to people with different budgetary concerns or what they might want from the game.

For example, if all you wanted was the $20 version, and just wanted to build a basic park and download a bunch of flat rides, coasters, and scenery that other players will create, then that's the version for you. A lot of feedback has been given that people don't care about building the actual rides from scratch, they just want to stamp down a park based on pre-existing rides or user created content. That's what this version is for.

From what I understand, the $50 version is the "complete" version of the game, and most likely will be the same one you would see at retail. This will include everything. (And I do believe he will release one other cheaper 'basic' version at retail as well.) And if you buy it via Kickstarter, you'll be part of the beta testing program at the $50 tier.

While I haven't seen a complete list of coasters and/or flat rides yet, I believe the final version will include quite a few of both, and then the idea is that people would create content (rides, trains, flats, scenery, etc) that would be shared throughout the community.

Unlike No Limits where you're pretty much restricted to building coasters that are included in the package, or other people have created using their own modding tools, TPS will allow you to create stuff within the game. So it's not only a theme park creator, but a content generator as well.

There isn't any money management, because that's not the kind of game this is, however, since it's been requested, if Steve reaches the stretch goal, he'll add that feature. Basically, that feature is like developing an entire other game, so it will require more development and more funding.

Hope that explains things!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

This might have been discussed already, but does anyone know if they're making a Mac version? I really wanna put down the money on the Kickstarter site, but just wanna make sure.

Im almost certain...just wait for Robb's response just in case