TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

YOLO looks to be much better then GL which sucked in my opinion!

Green Lantern SUCKS! Waste of space for this ride. I think they should have transferred FlashBack to this area and give it a cool DC Comics name. The roar from the 3 coaster (RR Batman & FlashBack) would have been awesome.

Am I the only one here that happens to think GL is kick ass and have no issues with pain on the ride???

FT also looks kickass that loop is freakin humongous it also looks like it going to be one hell of a launch and stop on this thing since both the launch and brake run looks so short. Anyways I'm much more pumped to ride FT now after seeing the finished product.

Am I the only one here that happens to think GL is kick A$$ and have no issues with pain on the ride???

Other than the Great Adventure Viper, it's now officially the worst ride I've ever been on. It's a complete torture device and was the biggest disappointment of our west coast coaster trip earlier this year. Not only did this ride suck, but we had to wait 30 minutes for it even with platinum flash passes.

Edited by coasterbill

A concept art of the Full Throttle Plaza has been released...

Also note the bolded underlined in the press release...

To begin their journey through the park’s distinct mountainous terrain, riders are loaded onto sleek black and silver trains, sitting two abreast, and are suddenly accelerated from zero to 70 miles-per-hour in the first of three launches, experiencing their first inversion and thrill of navigating inside the world-record 160-foot tall loop. Riders then enter into a high-banked curve to the right and then to the left as they approach the second inversion — a Dive Loop that drops them rapidly into a special-effects tunnel. While in the tunnel, the train is dramatically decelerated and stopped, only to be suddenly launched backward up to the high point of the Dive Loop. After a momentary pause, the train drops and is magnetically launched a third time, racing out of the tunnel and through a high G-turn to the left. Riders then race up and over the “Top Hat” that traces the outside of the World Record loop, where riders will experience significant air time and a breath-taking view of the park before dropping back down, rapidly decelerating and taking the final 180-degree turn to the left and returning to the station where riders can catch their breath.

http://www.multivu.com/mnr/61077-six-flags-magic-mountain-tallest-fastest-looping-coaster-full-throttle

Edited by Magic Alumni

Am I the only one here that happens to think GL is kick A$$ and have no issues with pain on the ride???.

Nope. I enjoy it as well. This Intamin isn't for everyone though.

love intamin coasters and It's a nice concept but this is one ride that I will never get on again.

My opinion wasted space......

Riders then race up and over the “Top Hat” that traces the outside of the World Record loop, where riders will experience significant air time and a breath-taking view of the park before dropping back down, rapidly decelerating and taking the final 180-degree turn to the left and returning to the station where riders can catch their breath.
I hope the top hat delivers as advertised! Though I'm very curious as to what "significant air time" means by SFMM standards...

From what I see, the front and middle cars could get some sustained floater cresting the hill, and the steepness of the drop could potentially provide a potent ejector moment in the back seats. The amount of airtime is going to depend on how much speed the train will have cresting the top hat, and I'm hoping the train doesn't just leisurely cruise through, it needs at least some decent speed going over the top.