TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

You Might Be A Coaster Nerd If....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I remember those rest areas on the I-5 San Joaquin Valley corridor. Always thought it was best to "hold it" until I reached a relatively clean restaurant.

You might be a coaster nerd if . . .

You hang out in the Loch Ness Monster queue just to watch them put a third train on the track, while most of the people in line leave.

As I did today.

• 4 weeks later...

Haha, Joey and I did that just a little bit ago at the Solano County Fair (I think). Literally went there for the last hour it was open and we still had to pay full price to get in!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If

1. When people ask you which is your favorite chocolate brand, you answered Hershey's but you actually do not like Hershey's chocolate's taste

2. When hearing people talk about Saw aroud you and say how scary and bloody it is, you think about the airtime on it

3. You speed up as you are going downstairs and break before you have to turn.

4. You try to calculate any coaster related problems as soon as you learn something new on Physics class which can help you solve problems such as the speed,acceleration

5. The original GP around you can clearly seperate Intamin's track and Premier's track(I mean the YOLOcoaster style)

6. You try to correct the GP at the line when they said SEFK is the tallest coaster in the world

7. You used to ask the ride op to run more trains while waiting for the line.

You wear you're favourite theme park related shirt to school/work and don't care how many people stare at you.

3/4 of my wardrobe is theme park stuff!

You know you're a nerd when you arrive in the park rocking everything coaster-related...as in, you have one of those TPR luggage grippers on your backpack (really helps actually, easy to spot my bag in the storage bins when I go on a ride), t-shirt for a given ride, and a hat also themed to that given ride...a good example of this was this past Sunday when our group was wearing those Gold Striker miner hardhats with headlamp on it, and wearing Gold Striker t-shirts. Many GP were asking where we got those cool hats, and some were saying "Wow, you really are a fan of this ride!"

You might be a coaster nerd if you, when asked who "The Raven" is by, say "Custom Coasters."

You might be a coaster nerd if you always spell Montezuma with two O's instead of a U.

These actually happened to me!

You know you're a coaster nerd if you're telling people in line that X-Flight was not the first of its kind in the world.

You know you're a coaster nerd if you merely know that American Eagle (SFGAm) and Patriot (WOF) are not American-made rides.

You know you're a coaster nerd if your favorite superhero is Batman just because of the roller coaster.

You know you're a coaster nerd if you sit at your computer while playing Roller Coaster Tycoon and watch the background on the menu page for hours unend...

You know you're a coaster nerd when you look at a skyscraper or tall building and imagine a roller coaster being built on top of it.

You might be a coaster nerd if...

1.) You (like me) are brought up in California, realize growing up that the world's top coasters (which are either super intense or filled with extreme ejector air) are out of state, and as such dream to move to a more airtime-rich area of the world (east coast, Europe, etc.) when you have the ability to do so.

As much as I love Gold Striker at CGA, it is my #1 woodie...on a mostly Californian list. While it's a kick A$$ GCI with a high quantity (but moderate potency) of airtime, I know that there are even better, more airtime-filled woodies elsewhere for me to ride (Intamins, well kept GGs, well kept CCIs, Phoenix, and RMCs).

2.) Same as #1, except for this one you wish that California actually GETS an extreme ejector airtime machine worthy of being ranked amongst the best coasters in the world!