TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fast Lane Plus

Wait, I always thought you had an unlimited number of rides, per coaster, but a limit of total times FL could be used (like 20) is this accurate?

It reads like you have a completely unlimited # of times to use FL...surely that can't be right?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly, if I were visiting CP for the first time, I would probably cough up the cash and do the whole Fast Lane thing. I like getting the most out of my visits...'getting the most' meaning getting on lots of rides and re-rides. I'd recommend anyone who wants to avoid FL or FL+ to perhaps visit the park on an 'off' day that's less likely to be crowded...kind of like what I'm going to do with Knotts in just a few weeks. Lines will be shorter on a weekday than if I went on a Saturday.

On the flipside, I don't even bat an eye at my local park as...well, as Robb mentioned, being a season passholder/local that visits many times through the year. I tend to pick the quieter days/Sundays when I visit CGA and being as I've done everything numerous times, it wouldn't really be much of value. We'll see what happens though when Gold Striker opens, I'm sure temptation *may* get the better of me just so I can ride it all day

And while I've never used any virtual queuing system, Cedar Fair's system seems the most appealing to me. Just a simple wristband, unlimited usage, no having to constantly watch the clock (Personally I hate constantly checking time when I'm out to have fun). From a non FL user, from what I've seen, the queue seems to go pretty smooth. Unlike having someone going in and swiping your row several times right at the platform, everyone seems to merge smoothly before the airgates.

^No. You could could use Fast Lane as many times as you wanted. You had unlimited rides on any ride on the pass all day long.

Holy....I thought there was an overall limit, I mistook "20 rides" for the number of rides it allowed you a day. Which is why I thought maybe higher prices didn't justify it.

Well hell, unlimited usage? That's totally worth it!!

Exactly AG, for a close park I don't mind only getting 1 ride in each, maybe 2, but for a good distance trip and 1 day, I want re-rides and lots of em.

And this saves a second day at the park. Esp now that I know it's unlimited. We can easily do everything multiple times in a day.

So yeah, $75 is kind of a lot but cheaper than a 2n day of hotel/tix/food.

I'll be visiting 20+ new parks over the next few months, and although I've tried to time my visits to coincide with low crowds I like knowing that there's the option of these skip-the-line passes if it does get busy. As a single-time visitor it absolutely makes sense to spend more money to maximise my visit. It seems like that's the group these passes are aimed at (and priced for), not the locals who head to the park every other weekend.

And while I've never used any virtual queuing system, Cedar Fair's system seems the most appealing to me. Just a simple wristband, unlimited usage, no having to constantly watch the clock (Personally I hate constantly checking time when I'm out to have fun).

I agree - much easier than having to make an "appointment" to ride a ride (the exception being Disney's fastpass, since it's free). I also like the Busch Gardens system - lower price point gives you single-time priority access, the more expensive one is unlimited.

Yup, and we gotta be realistic. All us enthusiasts try to hit lower attendance days, but it's just not always possible!

Would agree, I think a progressive scale would be better as well. With more rides available, and more usages available as price goes up.

I agree - much easier than having to make an "appointment" to ride a ride (the exception being Disney's fastpass, since it's free).

I wouldn't call Fast Pass "free"--it's just part of your admission (ergo, you'd be screwing yourself if you didn't take full advantage of it).

I agree - much easier than having to make an "appointment" to ride a ride (the exception being Disney's fastpass, since it's free).

I wouldn't call Fast Pass "free"--it's just part of your admission (ergo, you'd be screwing yourself if you didn't take full advantage of it).

I constantly have to remind my friends and family who going to on a trip to Disney parks that Fast Pass is part of your admission.

As far as Fast Lane goes at Cedar Fair. I'm okay with it. Now when I go to Cedar Point, I can still spend two days there. One day I could buy Fast Lane Plus and just ride till they kick me out of the park. The other day I could just relax, enjoy the arcades, hit up just a few of my favorite rides and maybe even go relax at the pool near the hotel.

Isn't the fast pass part of the room package for Disney?

^No. You could could use Fast Lane as many times as you wanted. You had unlimited rides on any ride on the pass all day long.

Holy....I thought there was an overall limit, I mistook "20 rides" for the number of rides it allowed you a day. Which is why I thought maybe higher prices didn't justify it.

Well hell, unlimited usage? That's totally worth it!!

Exactly AG, for a close park I don't mind only getting 1 ride in each, maybe 2, but for a good distance trip and 1 day, I want re-rides and lots of em.

Last year on a Friday with the park packed with science kids we were able to ride a few coasters with Fast Lane, I still have the list of rides we were able to squeeze in on that Friday.

15 Maverick

5 Blue Streak

4 Raptor

4 Maxair

1 Wicked Twister

2 Power Tower Up

2 Power Tower Down

4 TTD

1 Mean Streak

4 Gemini

8 Millennium

2 Skyhawk

2 Magnum

So on a packed Friday we were able to get on 52 rides from open to close, we didn't rush anywhere and had a blast. For the cost of $35.00 (at that time), it was well worth it. I will gladly pay the Fast Lane price again this year when we go back to the park.

Last year on a Friday with the park packed with science kids we were able to ride a few coasters with Fast Lane, I still have the list of rides we were able to squeeze in on that Friday.

15 Maverick

5 Blue Streak

4 Raptor

4 Maxair

1 Wicked Twister

2 Power Tower Up

2 Power Tower Down

4 TTD

1 Mean Streak

4 Gemini

8 Millennium

2 Skyhawk

2 Magnum

So on a packed Friday we were able to get on 52 rides from open to close, we didn't rush anywhere and had a blast. For the cost of $35.00 (at that time), it was well worth it. I will gladly pay the Fast Lane price again this year when we go back to the park.

And what's interesting about that is that you can STILL do exactly that again this year, minus 4 rides on TTD with the normal Fast Lane pass. So I think being able to get in 48 rides for $50 without having to wait is money WELL spent!

I didn't agree with these types of passes when they first came on the scene. The older I get, the more mentally and physically excruciating it is to stand in line. I never give it a second thought now. If I go to a park with any kind of fast pass system, I buy it! Cedar Point is more than welcome to my $90 extra bucks to allow me to enjoy my vacation that much more! I usually spend multi-days there, and even just getting it for one day will be worth every penny.

I've been to Cedar Point when it was so crowded that I only got to ride 3 coasters in 1 day. I won't do that anymore.

I'm a little confused. Didn't we already get unlimited rides anyway? When I went to Cedar Point last Summer, we got Fast Lane and we could ride as many times as we want.

Both are still unlimited, they just did a 2nd tier to it now with 2 more coasters (in Cedar Point's case, Gatekeeper and Top Thrill Dragster) added with FastLane Plus. This was mainly a fix to add coasters that previously though FastLane wasn't a good choice because of already existing capacity issues, but now with a more limited FastLane Plus, they're able to add those rides, and then they just pulled out the most popular ride from the normal FastLane to add to FastLane Plus.

OK, thank you for clearing that up.

Don't know where you're seeing it, but Dorney is not offering FastLane Plus, and you don't even have Carowinds on the list either, which are offering FastLane Plus.

Only the top 5 parks are getting it: Cedar Point, Kings Island, Canada's Wonderland, Kings Dominion and Carowinds.

Mind you, people are more than likely to go in a group, not by themselves so people will rarely pay the $80 ($90 is Saturday rate)

These are all Saturday or weekend rates, they're $5-10 more than the normal weekday price.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have fixed the error and added Carowinds. Not sure why that one didn't make it in, but it's in now

As others have said, these types of passes aren't for locals. I've NEVER used Flash pass at SFMM and have only used FastLane at Knott's for Haunt. Yet I've used Flash Pass at SFDK, SFOT, SFGAm, SFGAdv and SFOG. I've used FL at KD last year (didn't need it at Dorney).

It's nice to know that when we finally get to CP this will be an option.

Put it this way, with the new FL+ what would normally take 3 days at CP to do everything as many times as you'd like may only take 2 now. So in the long run it may actually end up SAVING you $$.

I still can't believe people are actually complaining about 'Fast Passes' a year later. If you don't like it, don't buy one.

My personal experience with it has only made me wait one train extra when other people are using the fast pass and I am not. One time it happened to me 3 times in a visit but that only added 15 minutes extra wait time for the day and that to me is reasonable. For me this works great when needed. If I am taking the time to travel at least 100 miles from home then I am going to maximize my time in that park because odds are I will not be back for a few years. Plus, I am not getting any younger and these Fast Passes are like buying time and I value that Immensely.

If a person or group of people bought a Fast lane but after say an hour decided they wanted to upgrade to the Fast Lane Plus would they be able to pay an additional $15.00 (or whatever price) to get upgraded or would they have to pay the whole Fast Lane Plus price?

^ I'd assume they'd be able to upgrade for the difference in price (if they were still available). But I'd check with the park.

On our first visit to SFOG we got the regular pass and ended up heading back and upgrading to the Gold later in the day. If it's good enough for Six Flags ... right?