TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I totally forgot about the lanyards! Also, I think some people are misinterpreting the top hat deal. Pretty sure they mean its a first-of-its-kind top hat, not the world's first top hat. However, the marketing for it is easy to get confused by, and just plain hilarious to make fun of it!

No, see, this is the first ever "Top Hat at 160 feet." This really opens the door for future marketing on virtually ANY attraction. "First ever 192.5' lift hill on a wooden coaster!" "First ever 80' circumference loop!" or "First ever coaster to decelerate to zero in under 5 seconds!"

In all seriousness though the ride looks better and better with each piece of track they install! Getting excited!

It does look very cool. Really TWISTY!

As to the Flying Snake Dive vs Dive Loop thing: I guess the difference is that while the flying snake begins as a heartline roll and the trains exist at a 90º angle (in this case, to the left) the dive loop on full throttle is just a dive loop that starts with a turn to the opposite side of the dive and then twists the other way in the middle. At least this is my theory.

Premier may not make as many coasters as some of the bigger companies but when they do they seem to really make them very unique and interesting. I like the twist and dive into the tunnel portion over Superman's plaza.

This may seem like a stupid question but what side of the mountain will the loop and top hat be - Goldrusher side or Log Jammer side? I'm trying to envision where it might be in some of the photos.

I have high hopes for this ride. Yes, the "YOLO" thing may be a bit much (not to mention funny), but I'm a fan of Premier coasters (they tend to get lost in the Intamin-B&M shuffle too often).

It does look very cool. Really TWISTY!

As to the Flying Snake Dive vs Dive Loop thing: I guess the difference is that while the flying snake begins as a heartline roll and the trains exist at a 90º angle (in this case, to the left) the dive loop on YOLOcoaster is just a dive loop that starts with a turn to the opposite side of the dive and then twists the other way in the middle. At least this is my theory.

Or it could just be this is a similar element to other manufacturer's rides and the 'flying snake dive' is a name Premier has given it.

Although short it still looks like fun.

The bus thing on the other hand, I don't know. I think I'll just walk.

Premier may not make as many coasters as some of the bigger companies but when they do they seem to really make them very unique and interesting. I like the twist and dive into the tunnel portion over Superman's plaza.

This may seem like a stupid question but what side of the mountain will the loop and top hat be - Goldrusher side or Log Jammer side? I'm trying to envision where it might be in some of the photos.

The loop/tophat combo will be in the cleared out dirt area where LJ once was, near LJ's station.

I actually really like Premier as well, as much as I dislike this particular design. Sky Rocket, in particular, I found to be as good, if not superior, to most B&M and Intamin loopers. S:UF is very good as well. Their recent installations are very smooth, have excellent restraints, and are overall just very 'fun'.

As disappointing as the overall layout turned out to be, it will most certainly be very smooth and fun, with excellent restraints. Now, I would really love to see Premier build a "real" multi launcher (not one with an average of 15 seconds between each launch), to see how it would stack up against Mack, Zierer, and Intamin installations. I think they could make a very excellent product, but sadly, the client request did not allow for their full potential.

I totally forgot about the lanyards! Also, I think some people are misinterpreting the top hat deal. Pretty sure they mean its a first-of-its-kind top hat, not the world's first top hat. However, the marketing for it is easy to get confused by, and just plain hilarious to make fun of it!

No, see, this is the first ever "Top Hat at 160 feet." This really opens the door for future marketing on virtually ANY attraction. "First ever 192.5' lift hill on a wooden coaster!" "First ever 80' circumference loop!" or "First ever coaster to decelerate to zero in under 5 seconds!"

In all seriousness though the ride looks better and better with each piece of track they install! Getting excited!

What in the hell do Dragster and Kingda Ka have if they aren't top hats? They are 400 + feet??? What makes 160 feet so special....

^ Not a month. Vertical construction will most likely be done in a month but they have to finish that area, do all of the testing, do whatever they are going to do in the Tunnel, etc.

I'm going to say it will be open sometime in June.

At least that's earlier than I thought it would be opening at first

I have high hopes for this ride. Yes, the "YOLO" thing may be a bit much (not to mention funny), but I'm a fan of Premier coasters (they tend to get lost in the Intamin-B&M shuffle too often).

The reason probably was cause nobody built Premier Rides after Speed the Ride/ Mr. Freeze's Were built. This is their 1st really good sized coaster since like 1998.

Full Throttle's looking pretty awesome! I mean...YOLOcoaster, that is I'm waiting to hear the GP mention that they can jump up and touch full throttle's track from the SEFK path (as it looks pretty close as the track heads toward the dive loop into tunnel).

Honestly, I was 'meh' about the whole YOLO thing until YOLOcoaster came about... Since it's been fun to say

What in the hell do Dragster and Kingda Ka have if they aren't top hats? They are 400 + feet??? What makes 160 feet so special....

No, it's completely silly! Even Xcelerator, Stealth, and Zaturn have top hats over 200 feet tall and I'm pretty sure that iSpeed's is over 160. It's SFMM marketing at its finest! #YOLO!!!

First Top Hat at 160 Feet! Hey you know its not everyday that you can go 160 feet in the air,YOLO!!!!

Edit:Robb's #YOLO! gave me a great idea! add it to your signature! gotta spread the YOLOing!

OKAY NOW, the YOLO name needs to be retired in this thread. Until opening day when we ride and scream YOLO at launch.

Arr, YOLO we sez, until the captain sez otherwise, ye mutinous dog!

Sorry--was watching Captain Blood on DVD this evening. Pirate Mode disengaged.

OKAY NOW, the YOLO name needs to be retired in this thread. Until opening day when we ride and scream YOLO at launch.

Try typing the words "full" and "throttle" consecutively in a post. See what happens.