The Vegas Thread!

Jew

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They just took the renderings for Echelon and made it all Asian looking. I doubt the final product will resemble that.

With some of the buildings already started it is not surprising it looks like the old Echelon. The two towers in the back look like they may be new. I haven't seen them before on Echelon's plans.

vegas1.jpg.c5a75272991fd150a71d7dd4659002d8.jpg

Plans for the old Echelon

vegas2.jpg.0271cf426243b3e19a883a2d899176e3.jpg

How far they got when construction stopped. Looking toward the strip.

I wonder how structurally sound that place still is? I'm not an engineer, so I have no idea if the structure sitting there exposed to the elements for 3 years would mean they will have to start from scratch again or not?

from the article-

Genting Senior Vice President of Development Christian Goode said the unfinished Echelon buildings, including hotel towers, foundations and a parking structure, would be incorporated into Resorts World, which could expedite construction time.

The weather is not that harsh in Vegas. Shane stored Lighting Bolt out in the open for years before selling it.

If they are basically just restarting where they left off, the construction should seem really quick since the ground work and utilities are basically done, its just a matter of installing the structures now (which is obviously not a small task but gives them a one up). It said that the last company already spent over a billion on construction so they have obviously done a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

huh. . I think if it's part of a theme park, it might work.

but I don't see it ever happening.

the one behind Flamingo/Imperial Palace looks pretty far along, and I'll bet that's the only one that actually gets completed.

The one just proposed I give no chance of them raising the money to build a wheel even if they have one of the better locations.

The one across from the Mandalay is in trouble but still might get built. With so much done already, the investors might come up with the needed funds or someone might step in if they can take over the project cheap enough. I can see this one getting finished at some point.

The one backed by Ceasars I think is a done deal. They have a plan and the resources to carry out the renovation of that area of the strip. The wheel is only a small part of the over 1/2 billion dollars they are investing. The project is already leasing out space to tenants.

^I could see MGM stepping up to finish it on the cheap. They are in the process of giving Mandalay Bay a complete makeover (I'll have an update tonight) to keep people down on that end of the strip, so that could definitely help. And if they get the arena built behind NYNY/Monte Carlo, they could connect the existing Mandalay/Luxor/Excalibur monorail to the Monte Carlo/Bellagio/City Center one, extend it to this property...and their guests would never have to leave MGM properties.

^ That is an interesting concept and seems like a smart move. I think it would be very smart for MGM to make that move. Like you said, it basically connects all of their properties except MGM Grand, Mirage and Circus Circus. The placement of that wheel is ideal as well, since it would be one of the first things you see coming into Vegas both on a plane and driving from California. High Roller is cool, but it's at the back of Linq and doesn't get the views of the strip like Skyvue or even the Eiffel Tower get.

• 2 weeks later...

So according to their site, construction will resume shortly.

http://skyvuelasvegas.com/current-state

I'm not sure I totally buy it, they removed the cranes not long ago, and you often see cranes just being stored in that lot, so it's weird to not see any currently. Then again there is suddenly a ton of construction on the Strip again, maybe they are actually using the cranes elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I hear all three were shut down for inspection, not sure if the other 2 ever reopened. I won't be visiting any of them, ever. I doubt this one will reopen, and if it does it will struggle. 80+ people is a lot.

The Henderson and Sahara locations are open. However, after the outbreak at the Paradise location, The Sahara location received 30 demerits and a "C" grade which they remedied the following day. The Henderson location received an "A" grade with very few demerits.

I'd still be weary eating at the other locations.

This is sad because the owner is a great chef but he apparently doesn't know how to run a restaurant.