TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Quassy Amusement Park Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Press release from Quassy announcing Zamperla tea cup ride for 2012.

http://www.quassy.com/about_press_detail.asp?id=226

New Ride Coming For 2012 Season

12/2/2011

MIDDLEBURY, Conn. – Quassy Amusement Park will be putting a fresh spin on its family-friendly tradition with the addition of a new ride for the 2012 season, park officials announced today. A tea cup ride from Italian ride manufacturer Zamperla will make its debut in the spring at the lakeside property, which will be celebrating its 104th season of operation. “We’re extremely excited about the addition of the new attraction,” park President Eric Anderson said in unveiling the plans for the ride. “We came off an exceptional 2011 season thanks greatly in part to our new roller coaster. That afforded us the opportunity to bring in the new tea cup ride.” “This new ride really fits into who and what Quassy is – family,” asserted George Frantzis II, a park owner. “The particular model we purchased will allow families to experience the ride together and control the spinning action.” The tea cup ride, which will be built during the winter months at Zamperla’s manufacturing facilities in Italy, will feature six four-passenger cups on a rotating platform that will spin at eight revolutions per minute. At the center of each cup is a wheel which allows riders to spin each cup. “Spinning cups are a staple ride recognized for decades by children and parents alike,” noted Ramon Rosario, director of sales for Zamperla’s U.S. operations based in Boonton, N.J. “They are a family favorite.” Each huge cup on Quassy’s new ride will feature an individual, bright color scheme with a giant, lighted tea cup in the center of the ride. The attraction will be placed adjacent to the park’s Carousel Court where the Carousel Theatre and Grand Carousel are located. The park will announce a “Name The Ride” contest soon in an effort to come up with a creative title for the attraction. About The Park Quassy Amusement Park features more than two-dozen rides and attractions, including the award-winning “Wooden Warrior” roller coaster, which opened in April. “Saturation Station” is the interactive family waterpark adjacent to Quassy Beach on Lake Quassapaug. In addition, the park has a restaurant, redemption arcade, games and live entertainment. The park is currently booking catered and group outings for the 2012 season, which starts the last weekend of April. A Holiday Season Pass sale is currently under way through the end of the month. Passes may be purchased online at www.quassy.com or by calling the park office at 203-758-2913. For more information on Zamperla rides visit www.zamperla.com.

• 2 months later...

Quassy has been granted approval to expand their waterpark for 2013. The article mentions "4 new rides". Although not in this article it is expected to be: a children's water play area along three water slides for the older kid/parents. The waterslides will all be from Pro-Slide: two FreeFall body slides and a BulletBowl tube slide.

http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2012/03/03/news/local/624696.txt

Quassy water park expansion plan approved

BY MATTHEW O'ROURKE, WATERBURY REPUBLICAN-AMERICAN

MIDDLEBURY — It's official: next year, Quassy Amusement Park's water park will get a little bit bigger.

The Planning and Zoning Commission approved a change Thursday that will allow Quassy to add four new rides in the 2013 season. The addition will double the size of the water park, according to Quassy President Eric Anderson.

"This is a pretty significant expansion," Anderson said Friday.

Here is a lengthier report from Amusement Today:

http://www.amusementtoday.com/quassy-to-expand-waterpark-with-four-new-attractions/

• 7 months later...

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-quassy-amusement-park-20121025,0,7167661.story

Quassy Amusement Park in Middlebury announced Thursday plans to double the size of its water park by next year, adding three new slides and an a children's splash pad area.

The expansion of the water park, which opened in 2003, is part of the park's $5-million improvement plan, which began in 2010.

"We're aggressively working on the expansion projects now that all of the plans have been approved," said Eric Anderson, the park's president, in a statement.

One new BulletBOWL — a 210-ft long slide involving a 30-foot drop — and two FreeFALL slides that send riders more than 20 feet per second will end in runoff troughs. The three slides are all from ProSlide Technology in Ottawa, Ontario.

The splash pad, to be called the "Splash Away Bay," will involve a rainbow spray tunnel, geysers and other water play elements. The kids attraction will be manufactured by Vortex Aquatic Structures International in Point-Claire, Quebec.

hc-quassy-amusement-park-20121025-001.jpeg.3840a9fd080b986fc4cd4d3155502a11.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Screamscape is reporting that Quassy 3rd Annual Wooden Warrior Day will be on May 4th. Cost is $33.27 and includes ERT on Wooden Warrior from 10AM - Noon, buffet lunch, parking, all day ride wristband and a commemorative t-shirt if you register by April 12th.

Follow this link to register

Edited by larrygator

http://quassy.com/attractions_water.htm

Splash Away Bay Water Park & Quassy Beach

Splash Away Bay is the sensational water park at Quassy Amusement Park. There are dozens of ways to get drenched, including water slides, raft rides and cascading fountains, all of which incorporate state-of-the-art technology with H2o! At center stage of the multi-tiered Saturation Station complex is a huge tipping bucket that sends more than 300 gallons of water onto the guests below! And conquer the gigantic Tunnel Twister water slides, or the new BulletBOWL and FreeFALL extreme body slides - all at Splash Away Bay! And for the little guys there is a new splah pad called the Fish Pond that is oodles of fun. Who would have ever thought that getting wet could be so fabulous?

There is nothing like taking a break from all the fun and excitement by taking a dip in cool, refreshing, immaculate Lake Quassapaug. Quassy Beach and Splash Away Bay now offer families an affordable alternative for a full day of water activities. Refreshments and beach supplies are available at the Beach Shack and mom and dad can relax in the lounge chairs while the kids splash in the water.

Splash Away Bay water park is included in your All-Day Ride wristband, or pay a separate admission just for Quassy Beach and Splash Away Bay. Changing areas and lockers to store your personal items are available. Lifeguards are always on duty.

If you want more fun on the water, check out the paddle boats or steam around beautiful Lake Quassapaug on the Quassy Queen II.

Screamscape is reporting that Quassy 3rd Annual Wooden Warrior Day will be on May 4th. Cost is $33.27 and includes ERT on Wooden Warrior from 10AM - Noon, buffet lunch, parking, all day ride wristband and a commemorative t-shirt if you register by April 12th.

Follow this link to register

Think I'm going to try to attend this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm heading up to Lake George on Friday, meeting the rest of my party in Albany Friday night, and the timing is terrible to get the NYC to meet up with them, so I thought I would head to Quassy for a quick stop off and get two rides in on WW. Is there anything else in the park worth doing, I heading by myself, not that I think that matters at all... Also, thoughts on the best food in the park? I'm going to need a little snack for my drive!

Thanks

After 5PM on Friday's is 50 cent rides, hot dogs and sodas. None of the food is that great so I'd get some 50 cent hot dogs if you're there for the promotion.

As far as other rides there's nothing too special. Big Flush will get you drenched even though you ride it in regular clothes but if you're okay with that then it's worth a ride. Personally I can never turn down a ride on a Paratrooper and they have a pretty good one but most people don't enjoy them as much as I do.

PS: Ride Wooden Warrior in the very back car.

I'm heading up to Lake George on Friday, meeting the rest of my party in Albany Friday night, and the timing is terrible to get the NYC to meet up with them, so I thought I would head to Quassy for a quick stop off and get two rides in on WW. Is there anything else in the park worth doing, I heading by myself, not that I think that matters at all... Also, thoughts on the best food in the park? I'm going to need a little snack for my drive!

Thanks

As others have said, 50 cent night will make the park quite crowded. The Big Flush is fun, but the line can be almost an hour on 50 cent night. If the line is short, you don't get too wet if you ride alone. Paratrooper and Free Fall "N" are my other two favorite flat rides there.

I'll have a full review up on Tuesday, but thought I would share this with you first:

Rode Wooden Worrior four times, grabbed a hot dog and was walking back to my car and realized I lost my keys to my band new 2015 Honda Fit... Three hours later and having the park engineers look under WW for them with no luck, my father drives 2 hours up to bring me my keys so I can journey on up to lake George for a camping trip.

Morals of the story: never forget how amazing your parents can be, no matter what age AND use the carabiner you put on your keys, the ONE time you don't will turn a $14 dollar trip into an extra tank of gas, two12 packs of Sam Adams, and at least a year of ridicule from the immediate family.

I headed over to Quassy tonight after work on a whim to checkout WW and the cheap dogs. Got in a ride in the front with some daylight left and a ride in the back car after dark. I think it was the second or third to last run of the night and the ride op sent us around for a reride! Awesome!!

Brass -I feel for ya, losing keys stinks, been there done that. But I gotta laugh a bit, the million warning signs actually convinced me to toss my keys in the cubby boxes for the first time ever on a ride. Thought I was being extra cautious but I guess not, wow!