TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Windseeker Status

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't exactly a bright corporate move to build 4 prototypes of a ride never used before, all of them delayed, and then proceed to build two more.

Are you sure? I'm willing to bet that Mondail cut them a VERY good deal to take a chance on building something like that, and buying FOUR of them in one go. I am absolutely CERTAIN though, if Cedar Fair wasn't happy with the product, they would NOT have purchased the other two.

While the ride doesn't do much for me, to be honest, I do know people who are either so terrified by the height of it, they won't get on it, and I also know others who freaked out so much on the ride, they literally cried! (sorry, "wept")

It wasn't exactly a bright corporate move to build 4 prototypes of a ride never used before, all of them delayed, and then proceed to build two more.

Are you sure? I'm willing to bet that Mondail cut them a VERY good deal to take a chance on building something like that, and buying FOUR of them in one go. I am absolutely CERTAIN though, if Cedar Fair wasn't happy with the product, they would NOT have purchased the other two.

While the ride doesn't do much for me, to be honest, I do know people who are either so terrified by the height of it, they won't get on it, and I also know others who freaked out so much on the ride, they literally cried! (sorry, "wept")

I see what you mean. Im sure they got a buy one get three deal The ride is sort of a bipolar reaction ride. On one hand you have the people who are deathly terrified the entire time, while on the other you have the people saying "biggest waste of 5 million ever."

Sure the ride has a few issues, as most prototypes do, but like Robb said, I'm sure they received a very good deal. I don't think Cedar Fair would buy a product, in mass nonetheless, if they didn't think the ride was a wise investment. Once all the kinks are worked out, I'm sure the Windseekers will pay for themselves and all the work that was needed to perfect them.

The ride is sort of a bipolar reaction ride. On one hand you have the people who are deathly terrified the entire time, while on the other you have the people saying "biggest waste of 5 million ever."

Very true - All I know is that each park visit I took in 2011 and 2012 - the queue was full for each Windseeker we came across. And it's a REALLY HIGH capacity ride. So I guess that speaks volumes for the attraction?

I agree with azza29-they are not going I take any of them down-that is put of the question. I would say its like most other rides-get it fixed any way they can so they can start getting people back into the work to get on these things. Weather it be a simple replacement of parts or some kind of miseducation, you an pretty mčg count on them at least trying everything they can to get these things working perfectly again.

The ride is sort of a bipolar reaction ride. On one hand you have the people who are deathly terrified the entire time, while on the other you have the people saying "biggest waste of 5 million ever."

Very true - All I know is that each park visit I took in 2011 and 2012 - the queue was full for each Windseeker we came across. And it's a REALLY HIGH capacity ride. So I guess that speaks volumes for the attraction?

At Kings Dominion, I think it's a good "middle-ground" ride for those who are bored by the chair swings but think Drop Tower is too intense.

I think of Windseeker as a nice break ride from coaster riding. Never had to wait any longer than 20 minutes to get on, plus it offers some great views of the parks they're at. Only been on the Kings Island and Cedar Point ones, but I like them.

A StarFlyer on the other hand... If it goes any higher than 150ft, I'm not riding it! Those seats just kind of freak me out.

^ I think that's true for some guests - but some people (CHRIS FOURMONT!!) seem to get terrified by the concept of the ride even if they might be OK riding a drop tower.

Confusing.

Fixed.

DIE!

They are totally different!

Are you concerned that the centrifugal force of Windseeker will hurl you across the park if the arm you're riding breaks?

If you do get the chance, head to CP. Best location since it's right next to the water.

Yup. It's stunning at night, plus during the day it's great for checking on a few coasters (saw a Magnum evac once).

Mondial is also responsible for one of the most amazing flat rides ever...the Shake (AKA the other Magnum).

If these rides were just prototypes like Robb said, how come Cedar Fair went ahead and spent $20+ million to get all of them installed?

True the ride does nothing for me but they are huge people eaters, plus it is a great view up top.

Despite each cycle taking a large number of passengers (64), my understanding is the average cycle time (unload, load & ride cycle) is about 6 minutes. So your actual throughput on WindSeeker is only around 640 people per hour.

I'm surprised it's still down as I was told a large contributing factor to the Knott's issue was human/operator error. I wonder if more issues have been found since hearing this back around Haunt.

No, haha. I don't like hanging out there. With a drop tower, in up aginst the tower and it doesn't flail in the wind like Windseeker does.

Have you been on Lex Luthor, the swaying from Superman going scared the bejeesus out of me. I'll ride Windseeker, but it makes me nervous the whole time.