Windseeker Status

What's gonna happen?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Windseeker Status

Postby CpBluestreakCp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:09 pm

Sure the ride has a few issues, as most prototypes do, but like Robb said, I'm sure they received a very good deal. I don't think Cedar Fair would buy a product, in mass nonetheless, if they didn't think the ride was a wise investment. Once all the kinks are worked out, I'm sure the Windseekers will pay for themselves and all the work that was needed to perfect them.
Top coasters: Maverick, Storm Runner, Skyrush, Fury 325, Phoenix
*Disclaimer: Ignore my Cedar Point fanboy name that I made when I was 11. It doesn't define me as a poster!*
Follow my Twitter and Instagram

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 pm

Koasterking48 wrote:The ride is sort of a bipolar reaction ride. On one hand you have the people who are deathly terrified the entire time, while on the other you have the people saying "biggest waste of 5 million ever."

Very true - All I know is that each park visit I took in 2011 and 2012 - the queue was full for each Windseeker we came across. And it's a REALLY HIGH capacity ride. So I guess that speaks volumes for the attraction?

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Aceattack52 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:52 am

I agree with azza29-they are not going I take any of them down-that is put of the question. I would say its like most other rides-get it fixed any way they can so they can start getting people back into the work to get on these things. Weather it be a simple replacement of parts or some kind of miseducation, you an pretty mčg count on them at least trying everything they can to get these things working perfectly again.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:17 am

robbalvey wrote:
Koasterking48 wrote:The ride is sort of a bipolar reaction ride. On one hand you have the people who are deathly terrified the entire time, while on the other you have the people saying "biggest waste of 5 million ever."

Very true - All I know is that each park visit I took in 2011 and 2012 - the queue was full for each Windseeker we came across. And it's a REALLY HIGH capacity ride. So I guess that speaks volumes for the attraction?

At Kings Dominion, I think it's a good "middle-ground" ride for those who are bored by the chair swings but think Drop Tower is too intense.

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:20 am

^ I think that's true for some guests - but some people (no names!!) seem to get terrified by the concept of the ride even if they might be OK riding a drop tower.

Confusing.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:37 am

Well, I went to Knott's yesterday and Windseeker wasn't running or testing. There was just test dummies near the ride. No big news.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:59 am

TPDave wrote:^ I think that's true for some guests - but some people (CHRIS FOURMONT!!) seem to get terrified by the concept of the ride even if they might be OK riding a drop tower.

Confusing.

Fixed.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:20 am

^^ LMAO!

Similar to me, I am terrified of Ferris wheels, however the swinging gondolas on Mickey's Fun Wheel are fine. I really do not like the stationary goldolas. And Windseeker doesn't bother me at all.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Lareson » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:38 am

I think of Windseeker as a nice break ride from coaster riding. Never had to wait any longer than 20 minutes to get on, plus it offers some great views of the parks they're at. Only been on the Kings Island and Cedar Point ones, but I like them.

A StarFlyer on the other hand... If it goes any higher than 150ft, I'm not riding it! Those seats just kind of freak me out.
The man may keep me down but opinions are my own.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:39 am

SharkTums wrote:
TPDave wrote:^ I think that's true for some guests - but some people (CHRIS FOURMONT!!) seem to get terrified by the concept of the ride even if they might be OK riding a drop tower.

Confusing.

Fixed.

DIE!

They are totally different!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!