TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Flamingo Land Discussion Thread

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^You're correct...they seem to not kill you quite as much as the older ones.

I think a coaster like this will be great for Flamingo Land. It will be only the second flying coaster in the whole country right? It's a marketing dream even though it may not be a coaster enthusiasts dream...more like nightmare.

I wonder if some of the UK Parks can pick up any cheap rides or coasters from Camelot?

Edited by SharkTums

• 4 weeks later...

Flamingo Land Is to get 3 new rides for the 2013 season,

Flamingo Land has revealed that three “sensational” new rides will be coming to the park for its 2013 season.
. More Information can be found at this website http://riderater.co.uk/2012/flamingo-land-to-add-three-new-rides-in-2013/" I personally think that this is a good move for FL as its my home park and the first park I ever went to, can't wait to find out what these rides are.

I wonder if some of the UK Parks can pick up any cheap rides or coasters from Camelot?

If only Knightmare would come to Flamingo Land...

And put back a mountain around it!

My wish.

Its been announced that Flamingo Land WILL be adding a Zamparela Volare to the former site of the corkscrew for the 2013 season the story reported as by riderater.co.uk (permission to post story on here has been granted)

Flamingo Land will install a Zamperla Volare flying roller coaster for its 2013 season, this website understands.

It will be positioned on the former site of the Corkscrew roller coaster, in the Metropolis area of the theme park.

It will accompany the addition of two further rides this year, whose identities are currently unknown.

The standard factory model Volare stands at approximately 20 meters above ground, which would not require planning permission from the local council.

Their trains seat four people, with the ride having a maximum theoretical throughput of around 600 per hour.

Rumors of the ride’s arrival have been circulating since late last year.

EDIT

An Example of the volare can be found on this link- http://rcdb.com/9205.htm?p=35974

Also I'm Guessing that Flamingo Land have bought the volare that previously belonged to Elitch Gardens as it seams on RCDB that it has moved park. Just a thought.

Connor Walker

Edited by CoNNoR

I've heard some volare's aren't necessarily horrible, I mean I heard the one in Finland is tolerable, I'm hoping that Zamperla can find a way to make it a better ride, its been a couple of years since the last one and I'm hoping for the park's sake that its much better!

I've heard some volare's aren't necessarily horrible, I mean I heard the one in Finland is tolerable, I'm hoping that Zamperla can find a way to make it a better ride, its been a couple of years since the last one and I'm hoping for the park's sake that its much better!

Unless you heard about the insallations in Asia, you got some bad info.

The one at Rye Playland = Horrible.

Canada's Wonderland = Horrible.

Scream Zone = Horrible.

Sarkanniemi = Horrible.

Wiener Prater = Extra Horrible.