Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 439 - Firechaser Express Media Day Coverage!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby jray21 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:41 pm

^ :lmao:

Very odd. I do trust them, but it is very very odd. Maybe they are selling it to another park? Can't wait to see what is announced!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Shavethewhales » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Well so much for that theory then, the only idea I'm left with is that something happened either behind the scenes or under the radar to make them think it was too risky/expensive to keep open. I can't imagine them needing this specific space for anything... but who knows. It wasn't long ago SDC removed the Waterboggin without warning and without replacing it with anything immediately as well. Rumors there were that there were more injuries happening than one would expect because people kept sticking their feet out the sides of the raft or such. I could see there being a lot of twisted ankles or something AM. It really doesn't take much for the costs of litigation to make an attraction too expensive to keep open. I'm surprised a lot of things are still open when you can sue over things like a scrapped knee when you trip over your own two feet...

I'm sure whatever they put in for 2014 will be amazing, but this is still lame.

Postby ernierocker » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:19 pm

It is curious that Lance mentioned the train loop and its proximity to Adventure Mountain's location. Perhaps, the new attraction somehow utilizes Adventure Mountain's spot and the train loop?

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Athletekim » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Last night I tweeted, "Someone please tell me the rumor of @Dollywood removing Adventure Mountain is false! You can't remove it when its been open for only 2 years"
And Dollywood responded to it an hour ago saying, "@Dollywood: Adventure Mountain is closing at the end of 2012 to make way for the NEW 2014 attraction. More details coming in March 2013. @athletekim"

It sounds like it will only be closed for 2013 from this. I guess we have to wait a few more months to get the complete details on the 2014 attraction.
Riding Roller Coasters since 2010! Coaster Count=48 Park Count=14
My #1 Steel: Storm Runner My #1 Wooden: Phoenix

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Intimidator305 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Put me on the list of the disappointed here. Without a doubt the best attraction I've ever experienced in a park that really isn't a "ride". I would love to see something similar to this put where Timber Tower was (it would fit in nicely there on that hill too)... but since they're removing this one after 3 seasons, I doubt that will even happen.

This just confuses me so much, because I really don't see anything too too major for 2014 as Dolly said something in an interview along the lines of "take the next couple years easy" when discussing Wild Eagle. Any lawsuit discussion doesn't make much sense either because it says at the end of the 2012 season it will close down, when if they were getting sued or there was a serious injury, I would think the attraction would be closed immediately.

Postby jray21 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Athletekim wrote:Last night I tweeted, "Someone please tell me the rumor of @Dollywood removing Adventure Mountain is false! You can't remove it when its been open for only 2 years"
And Dollywood responded to it an hour ago saying, "@Dollywood: Adventure Mountain is closing at the end of 2012 to make way for the NEW 2014 attraction. More details coming in March 2013. @athletekim"

It sounds like it will only be closed for 2013 from this. I guess we have to wait a few more months to get the complete details on the 2014 attraction.

Did you miss this? I guess you could say they could remove it, then put it back in after the new attraction is built, but that would be pretty extreme.

robbalvey wrote:
Guy T. Koepp wrote:I must say, that the wording is very nonspecific in the release. It says the Adventure Mountain area, not in place of Adventure Mountain. There is a lot of space in that area of the park. I am truly hoping they only have to close Adventure Mountain because they are building something new in the area.

Just spoke with Pete Owens, he did confirm that Adventure Mountain is being *REMOVED* - he did also say this - "We are removing Adventure Mountain to make room for the 2014 attraction. I think when we are done folks will love the attraction."

I think many of us trust Dollywood and Herschend with their decisions, so in this case, I can't imagine they would be removing such a recent, big investment unless they had something they felt really strongly about up their sleeves.

So I guess we'll just have to wait and see....
Last edited by jray21 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:57 pm.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Athletekim » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 pm

jray21 wrote:
Did you miss this? I guess you could say they could remove it, then put it back in after the new attraction is built, but that would be pretty extreme.

robbalvey wrote:Just spoke with Pete Owens, he did confirm that Adventure Mountain is being *REMOVED* - he did also say this - "We are removing Adventure Mountain to make room for the 2014 attraction. I think when we are done folks will love the attraction."

I think many of us trust Dollywood and Herschend with their decisions, so in this case, I can't imagine they would be removing such a recent, big investment unless they had something they felt really strongly about up their sleeves.

So I guess we'll just have to wait and see....

I did miss that somehow, my bad. I was using my phone to make that comment at the time and it must of not loaded everything from the previous page when I checked.

As Robb said we just have to wait until they make an announcement sometime next year.
Riding Roller Coasters since 2010! Coaster Count=48 Park Count=14
My #1 Steel: Storm Runner My #1 Wooden: Phoenix

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Justice » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:48 pm

No where does it say Adventure Mountain is being removed. It seems like its just a temporary closing due to near by construction

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Gav » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:49 pm

These ropes courses tend to be quite modular though don't they (The one at Sea World seemed to be anyway)...Could it be reassembled elsewhere in the park or at an other Herschend property?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Justice wrote:No where does it say Adventure Mountain is being removed. It seems like its just a temporary closing due to near by construction

Except that I just posted this on the preview page:
robbalvey wrote:Just spoke with Pete Owens, he did confirm that Adventure Mountain is being *REMOVED* - he did also say this - "We are removing Adventure Mountain to make room for the 2014 attraction. I think when we are done folks will love the attraction."

And it's been re-posted... TWICE on this page! (scroll up, dude!)

Seriously, people... all we ask is that you please READ the thread before you post!
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:56 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!