2013- What are you most excited for?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: 2013- What are you most excited for?

Postby andybarnes84 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:43 am

Being a Brit I'll be highly predictable and say the yet unnamed coaster at Alton Towers. Outlaw Run does look amazing but not sure how long it'll be until I can get there. Other than those 2, nothing else "tickles my fancy" (what does that saying really mean?).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:45 am

I just don't trust Alton after all the overhype of thirteen and subterra.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby AstroDan » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:41 am

Moose wrote:I just don't trust Alton after all the overhype of thirteen and subterra.

Sub-Terra I don't think was overhyped, it was a medium investment and fits the bill fine. Th13teen I think has been discussed to death and the bottom line is - family ride marketed wrong.

This is in a different league. I think when you see a ride with at least 8 inversions, it's going to be a little more substantial.

:P

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby andybarnes84 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:06 pm

I enjoyed Sub Terra when it opened but have yet to go on it since the improvements. Thirteen was over hyped indeed and the coaster layout leaves a lot to be desired although I still really enjoy the drop (which is far superior to Verbolten), however after looking closely at the plans for SW7 I think the UK is getting one of the most satisfying coasters in recent years, especially in terms of ride length which is usually economically short here.

Just a recap on how SW7 should turn out (after it leaves the building containing the secret "thingy"), POV at 3:00.

YouTube Videolink

My brain is often hibernating.

Postby -Edge of Beast- » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:57 pm

I'm really interested in Iron Rattler and seeing how it will turn out. Outlaw Run is up there too.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Jhcbiinoc » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:00 pm

The two coasters I really want to hit in 2013 are Gatekeeper and Outlaw Run, although Iron Rattler looks great as well. I am curious to see how YOLOcoaster turns out at SFMM.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby JayTricky » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:06 pm

andybarnes84 wrote:I enjoyed Sub Terra when it opened but have yet to go on it since the improvements. Thirteen was over hyped indeed and the coaster layout leaves a lot to be desired although I still really enjoy the drop (which is far superior to Verbolten), however after looking closely at the plans for SW7 I think the UK is getting one of the most satisfying coasters in recent years, especially in terms of ride length which is usually economically short here.

Just a recap on how SW7 should turn out (after it leaves the building containing the secret "thingy"), POV at 3:00.

YouTube Videolink

Sw7 is going to be amazing. Overhype can't happen as its going to be worth it. Thirteen was marketed totally wrong, if you take it for what it is its amazing.

So the new Alton ride for me, predictably, I can't wait.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby JayTricky » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:08 pm

AstroDan wrote:Wow - not one mention for Secret Weapon Seven!

I think the most exciting two projects for 2013 are Outlaw Run and SW7.

SW7 should combine good theming, indoor and outdoor elements, aswell as being a long ride - which is something that has been craved at Alton Towers for years!

:)

Agreed!

It's very long, with an apparently awesome indoor, then essentially two outdoor sections with 8 inversions.

I've got a feeling it'll be a bit of a dark horse and surprise people.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:09 pm

So far I'm kind of underwhelmed with the 2013 offerings except the to RMC coasters. Most likely I'll make an attempt to make my first visit to Silver Dollar City to check out Outlaw Run. Otherwise I think 2013 will be a quiet year for me.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby RCT3Bross » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:38 pm

I don't have a real new coaster for 2013 but it reopens in 2013 Turbine. Kinda looking forward to ride a classic Schwarzkopf Shuttle looping. Second thing I'm looking forward to is a non-coaster: Chiapas the new Log-flume ride at Phantasialand. Still a good looking year to look forward to. ;)
Must admit that there are some coasters in America that look great. (like the Yolocoaster, Gatekeeper, Outlaw run and Iron Rattler)
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2014: Efteling, Heide park, Movie park (D), Walibi NL, Phantasialand, Tripsdrill, Holiday park, Toverlan, Europa park.
The rides of 2014: Sky Scream, Flug der Dämonen, Arthur

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!