TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

^ I've never understood the expansion. I though expansion meant something new. If you think about it, none of the rides in Fantasyland are new concepts. Snow White Already had a ride, So did Dumbo, and so on and so on. But It'll still probaably be a success.

How on earth do you not understand the expansion??? And how on earth are you missing the fact that everything going in to this new section will be new to the Magic Kingdom??? (besides the relocated dumbo and the rethemed roller skater)

Edited by ernierocker

^Yes, it really is an entirely new Fantasyland--the whole area will have a much more immersive feel to it. I think it'll turn out to the best Fantasyland in the chain by the time they're finished.

^ I've never understood the expansion. I though expansion meant something new. If you think about it, none of the rides in Fantasyland are new concepts. Snow White Already had a ride, So did Dumbo, and so on and so on. But It'll still probaably be a success.

How on earth do you not understand the expansion??? And how on earth are you missing the fact that everything going in to this new section will be new to the Magic Kingdom??? (besides the relocated dumbo and the rethemed roller skater)

Usually when a park expands they build something new. What I'm saying is although the area is new and will feel new, the ride stories are not new. To me it's more like a refurb.

ThatFloridaDude

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Does this mean that you don't understand the Transformers "expansion" either? We're here to help you with that, if needed.

Transformers isn't expanding , if you were trying to be smart you idiot. The ride is new to Universal Studios Floriida. the ONLY expansion at USF is the Harry Potter expansion. Transofrmers is a new ride, in a seperate area.

Usually when a park expands they build something new. What I'm saying is although the area is new and will feel new, the ride stories are not new. To me it's more like a refurb.

At the risk of feeding the troll, I have to disagree. I don't remember a Little Mermaid attraction in the Magic Kingdom. Nor do I remember a Beauty and the Beast attraction in that park. While Snow White had a small dark ride, the new coaster is a much larger experience (you might even say it was "expanded"). I'll concede that Storybook Circus was more of an overhaul than an expansion (but way more than a refurb, which implies restoring to its original condition), but the Fantasy Forest is definitely an expansion.

Transformers isn't expanding , if you were trying to be smart you idiot. The ride is new to Universal Studios Floriida. the ONLY expansion at USF is the Harry Potter expansion. Transofrmers is a new ride, in a seperate area.

Bless your heart. If you'd like to keep splitting hairs, then neither park is technically expanding...they are simply restructuring, replacing, and enhancing their current entertainment offerings.

Webster's Dictionary FTW.

Gentlemen,

Let's all just agree that Florida will have a substantially different Fantasyland when all this work is done. There is little sense in splitting hairs and bickering over definitions.

Thank you,

Chuck

Gentlemen,

Let's all just agree that Florida will have a substantially different Fantasyland when all this work is done. There is little sense in splitting hairs and bickering over definitions.

Thank you,

Chuck

Exactly. Thats what I was saying. In All, Im excited for it because it'll be fresh. I know a lot of the children like Fantasy no matter what is there. I think it will be good for Magic Kingdom itself.

Bless your heart. If you'd like to keep splitting hairs, then neither park is technically expanding...they are simply restructuring, replacing, and enhancing their current entertainment offerings.

Webster's Dictionary FTW.

If they are exapnding a theme, then it's expanding. Harry Potter is expanding from IOA to USF where Jaws rides and the Amity area was. Expanding because eventually one will have to buy a two park pass to experience the entire HArry Potter stuff.

Transformers is new. Reguardless of how you feel, I look forward to it in USF. It should be a welcoming addition just as Dispicable Me was! It'll add some foot traffic between Hollywood and New York.

^You have already been asked to drop it. Please do so. This will be your final warning.

My gosh, can't say anything on these forums huh? LOL I guess because Im new I don't get to share any opinion and what not. Okay then.

You're more than welcome to share your opinions. You're not more than welcome to be an asshole to other members or our moderators in the process. If you can't understand that, do not post to our forum anymore.

Thank you.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Anybody find this video both disappointing and unsettling?

I mean i was expecting a magical, immersive fine dining restaurant and the first thing we are greeted with are the same touch screens I use to order subs at Wawa and Royal Farms?

Aaron "I hate RFID" McMahon

ADMIN EDIT: Fixed Youtube link - Joey

Edited by jray21

Back to MK, question about Fantasyland's previews starting on Nov 19. Are the previews just them saying it's soft opening, or is that more of an AP preview? I'll be going for my first time the week after Thanksgiving, so I'm just curious if I'll get a chance to try it out.

I did a search to see if this was already discussed but best I could find was "General Preview" which I'm guessing means anyone, but thought someone might know for sure.

Yeah, that was the counter service. So, not sure why you were expecting a "magical, immersive fine dining restaurant". Looks like they just added a little of the RFID technology to try and smooth out the efficiency of getting customers their food. Time will tell if it is successful at doing that or not.

Edited by ernierocker

Anybody find this video both disappointing and unsettling?

I mean i was expecting a magical, immersive fine dining restaurant and the first thing we are greeted with are the same touch screens I use to order subs at Wawa and Royal Farms?

Aaron "I hate RFID" McMahon

No, I don't find it unsettling or disappointing. As others have said, this is the lunch quick-service mode. The touch screens are well themed, and the RFID "Magic Rose" is something I haven't seen anywhere else. I also don't understand why the fact that WaWa uses touch screens automatically dismisses them. Would you prefer they use the same menu boards and ordinary cash registers that you use to order a burger at McDonalds, or the same laminated menus you use to order at Fuddruckers?

And why the RDIF hate? Being able to just place your "rose" on the table and having your food "magically" show up is something you can't find at any other quick-service restaurant (yes, it's just a fancier version of the sign with a number on it that many places use, but I'm sure you would've complained if they used the same sign-with-a-number-on-it as Hardee's).