TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

So does USF set the record for most 3D attractions in one park,T2, Shrek, Despicable Me, Transformers and possibly The Gringotts coaster if the rumors turn out true.

From what I've seen online, Transformers has less practical sets and feels more like a motion simulator than Spider-Man. Am I correct?

I believe that there are more screens in Transformers, but you still go through practical sets. Some of them are not quite as detailed as Spider-Man, but they still do stand out.

I agree with those who have talked about how this ride is more of a 'motion simulator'. I can ride Spiderman without a problem, but motion simulators and Transformers both made me a bit nauseous. It's a lot of screens and a lot of Michael Bay action!

I agree with those who have talked about how this ride is more of a 'motion simulator'. I can ride Spiderman without a problem, but motion simulators and Transformers both made me a bit nauseous. It's a lot of screens and a lot of Michael Bay action!

Yeah, the screens are quite relentless. One right after another with very little break between the two.

Good move for the park. It's a higher capacity ride (1800-1900pph) with a low height requirement based on a very popular franchise. Perfect way to bridge the gap until Harry Potter 2.0

Although I am not a fan of motion simulators or 3D rides, Im excited for this ride for Universal as it needed a refreshing E ticket attraction. I'm no fan of the Spiderman ride as it sucks, but I'm looking forward to the Transformers #D ride for the action. I love that it will help that deadzone between hollywood and new york be spruces up a bit. It'd be really cool if they added a transformers restaurant where mel's is and moved mels to fit in with cabana bay, but wishful thinking lol.

Although I am not a fan of motion simulators or 3D rides, Im excited for this ride for Universal as it needed a refreshing E ticket attraction. I'm no fan of the Spiderman ride as it sucks, but I'm looking forward to the Transformers #D ride for the action. I love that it will help that deadzone between hollywood and new york be spruces up a bit. It'd be really cool if they added a transformers restaurant where mel's is and moved mels to fit in with cabana bay, but wishful thinking lol.

If you think Spiderman sucks, then I can't imagine you'll like the Transformers ride much, either. At least for the Hollywood version, I was a little bummed as it wasn't as "intense" of a ride as Spiderman, in terms of the spinning and the unique motion feeling these rides give you. On top of that it's mostly JUST screens and maybe a piece of a set here or there. If you're purely looking for action sequences (which Spiderman totally has), I guess you might like what the screens have to offer....

I know it's my opinion, but the Spiderman rides story, visuals, fun, and thrill surpasses Transformers.

BUT TRANSFORMERS IS A GOOD RIDE, don't get me wrong.

If you think Spiderman sucks, then I can't imagine you'll like the Transformers ride much, either. At least for the Hollywood version, I was a little bummed as it wasn't as "intense" of a ride as Spiderman, in terms of the spinning and the unique motion feeling these rides give you. On top of that it's mostly JUST screens and maybe a piece of a set here or there. If you're purely looking for action sequences (which Spiderman totally has), I guess you might like what the screens have to offer....

I know it's my opinion, but the Spiderman rides story, visuals, fun, and thrill surpasses Transformers.

BUT TRANSFORMERS IS A GOOD RIDE, don't get me wrong.

I agree with this. I like them both, I like Spiderman because they have more complete sets and interactions with the sets, but like the action of Transformers. Overall though, they are very similar. Still pretty amazing rides!

This is from Spins the World regarding Potter:

Hogwarts Express will be the real deal! The train stations include highly detailed scenery and effects. The trains themselves will be very realistic including steam wafting from each car, scenic treatment and sounds. Each interior cabin includes period props and treatments. The window in each cabin will utilize an advanced optics display making it appear as though you are looking outside a window. As the train travels to the station riders will be treated to different storylines depending on which station they are going to. The cabins are also equipped with a full effects package including heat blast, leg ticklers, lighting etc. One storyline includes a Dementors attack where it will get dark, the air will go cold and lights will flicker among other things.

Make no mistake the connector train ride is a full E-ticket! The R&D for the display system alone is staggering. Nothing like this has been done before on this scale and it will be spectacular. Avatar looks to be a joke compared to just this attraction. I haven’t even mentioned the major new ride for Potter 2.0 yet.

That brings me to Gringott’s. The queue, in my opinion, will be even better than Forbidden Journey’s queue. Let’s put it this way…the queue includes a really cool elevator ride that will simulate moving vertically and horizontally. You’ll feel the air coming from the right side as you move to the right and you’ll feel the air from below as you travel down. Each of the two elevator simulators include a projection dome above to enhance the visuals. That’s just in the queue. Maybe I’ll save the actual ride description for another time but suffice it to say that everything from the unique ride system to the exciting show elements will make this attraction one of the most impressive rides to date.

^See, I read about that train ride and I don't really see anything new and ground breaking? The train ride and windows sound just like the Ocean Park one, and putting ticklers and spray nozzles, well, that's been done in every 4D movie since Honey I Bored the Audience!!!