Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 303 - Happily Ever After Fireworks Show: Full Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Erik Johnson » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:02 am

I am kind of sad that they cut two songs out of the show, as well as many of the Un-PC comments from the animal heads on the wall. It was not like the show was very long to begin with. At least, "Momma Don't Whoop Little Bufford" still made the cut.
Last edited by Erik Johnson on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:03 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:51 am

From the NY Times article:

For some fans, the changes may take some getting used to. Tom Bricker, writing on Twitter, complained, “The wittiest attraction at Walt Disney World dumbed down.” Pixiedustmaker, a commenter on WDWmagic.com, where the Country Bears discussion ran to 34 pages on Friday, declared it “garbage.”

Obviously, there's an awfully low bar for "wit" at the Magic Kingdom. ;)

At least they didn't remove "Blood on the Saddle"--Big Al was always the real star of that show.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:59 pm

WDW's Country Bears is still longer than DL's

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:32 pm

I really love that show, but seeing how it's never busy I am in the minority. I like the original version, but glad they left some of the questionable songs in! I did like the California version as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the old County Bear Jamboree in California brought in more people than Winnie the pooh does now! I can't remember the last time I waited more than 5 minutes for that ride, even on the busiest days (Yes I know it's high capacity).

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:56 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/mermaids-make-a-splashing-debut-at-pirates-of-the-caribbean-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Last month, we hinted here on the Disney Parks Blog that something from the film “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” would be added into the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction here at Walt Disney World Resort.

These new additions, the lovely (but also dangerous) Mermaids of Whitecap Bay, recently made their debut at the attraction. You can spot them early on in the attraction’s grotto scene, where you can spy a mermaid skeleton and possibly even catch them swimming alongside your boat. You can also hear a mermaid beckon you with her siren song just before your drop into the pirate battle. Additional rockwork and props have also been added into the Dead Man’s Cove scene.

This isn’t the first time something from the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise has debuted at our Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. Famous faces from the film, including Captain Jack Sparrow, Captain Barbossa, and most recently the ghostly apparitions of knaves Davy Jones and Blackbeard, have all materialized over the years.

Which addition has been your favorite?

mmd801345LARGE.jpg

And here is some footage I shot of the ride's newest residents (along with the rest of the ride) taken earlier last week!

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

And a second look!

And for those of you who were wondering what the new Country Bear Jamboree is like now, take a look at the full show below!

Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:59 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby webgoof » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:33 am

I had heard a rumor a while back that Celebrate The Magic was going to incorporate Glow With The Show ears...but that was back when they first announced the new show. I haven't heard anything since. Has anyone else? I'm hoping it does, as it's a cool effect I'd love to see!

Just wondering if some of the more-connected people knew anything worth sharing. Also like, maybe when it'll actually launch? It's November, and there's still no opening day announced...
I'm too ADD to count coasters, I just ride them over again!

Parks:
SF: MM, OT, FT, OG. CP. SWO. BGT. USO. IOA. WDW: MK, Epcot, HS, AK, BB, TL. DLR: DL, CA.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ThatFloridaDude » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:18 pm

This park needs a few new touch ups in tomorrowland.

Postby Wes » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:04 pm

^ Agreed, but doubt that'll happen til after New Fantasyland is fully complete.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ThatFloridaDude » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:31 am

^ I've never understood the expansion. I though expansion meant something new. If you think about it, none of the rides in Fantasyland are new concepts. Snow White Already had a ride, So did Dumbo, and so on and so on. But It'll still probaably be a success.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby orangecats2 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:21 am

^^ I heard the rumor that Frontierland was up next for a big refurb.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!